Several years ago my wife and I had a long talk regarding Danielle issues and her greatest concern was with me telling her lies and being dishonest. To maintain our trust with each other I promised not to lie to her about any Danielle question she asked me.

A few months before I joined the forum almost two years ago she asked me if I shared photos with or communicated with other crossdressers. I truthfully answered no.
Since joining the forum and emailing friends I have met on the forum I have felt guilty I have not told her. It was a lie by omission and I knew one day the truth would have to be revealed.

Last week during a discussion about how much Danielle time I was having she asked the big question again. With a big gulp in my throat I managed to get out a “Yes”. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest and I explained to her it was very difficult for me to make the confession. She said she had her suspicions for various reason ( never underestimate women’s intuition, I guess) and asked what I get out of it.

I told her it was mainly for feedback on Danielle’s dressing skills, discussing common interests especially issues about how all of this affects our wives and our relationship, and for the confirmation I wasn’t the only out there who was like Danielle. I told her about the wide transgender spectrum of the members on the forum and where I fit in.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but finally Danielle has no more Danielle secrets I am keeping from her. I am very thankful for my wife’s acceptance level and strongly recommend to those out there not to keep any secrets from your spouse if possible. For perspective, Danielle’s situation over 50 years has progressed from being totally closeted and secretive, to strict DADT, to more relaxed DADT ( but still hiding stuff and having a post office box), to my wife willing to see Danielle in person and in photos. The current understanding is she is not comfortable seeing Danielle but doesn’t have a problem with my Danielle purchases, knowing when I am having a Danielle day, and indulges Danielle being hair free for a few weeks once a year. Most importantly, we are both much more comfortable talking about Danielle and can even joke about some of the funnier aspects of crossdressing.

She has expressed concern my Danielle days, computer time on the forum, and talking to friends is occupying to much of my daily life and if I simply had more hobbies and other activities then Danielle wouldn’t be so important to me. Of course, all of us know it isn’t quite that simple! I will have to explain to her in a future conversation even when I was working, the kids were at home and Danielle days were once or twice a year it doesn’t me I still wasn’t thinking about it any less. It was just more secretive and incredibly more stressful than it is now.

Sorry to ramble a bit but the truth has set Danielle free and I am grateful I have found so many great people here to share a bit of Danielle with.