Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Women's Day - March 8th

International Women's Day - March 8th

Is anybody doing anything special for International Women's Day? I have just begun to go out in public dressed en femme, but it is usually when I have a full day to get ready, like on a Saturday. I thought about taking the day off and making it a special day to go out en femme to commemorate the day.

International Women's Day is for women to make a political statement, not really for us.

I have worn a ribbon on the day, dressed as a guy, this shows support, but being dressed and attending some gathering is making some other political statement in my view.

I support women's rights to go out after dark safely, breast cancer and other maladies they may suffer.

The only time I might go out dressed in support of women maybe at a mardi gras or similar event where the group was sanctioned and in support of women.

I still say women are the best thing since sliced bread, they don't always support their partners in dressing and that is their right.

My wife is on board but I do support those that still want the man they married.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    What day is "International Men's Day"?
    Krisi

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    International Men’s Day is November 19th, Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have joined a previous women's march and may again. But, NOT DRESSED!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

On various 'special person' holidays, if I'm working I usually buy lunch for all the folks who fit into that specification. Mother's day the mothers get to eat for free, Father's day it's dad's, Veteran's day it's veterans, etc.. And of course, on April Fool's day, I buy lunch for everyone! I've been doing that last one for a very long time, and usually nobody 'gets it' until way later in the day when I lower the boom! Eventually someone will thank me for buying lunch, and I reply with, 'But of course! Today is YOUR special day!' I get all kinds of responses, but the most common is a sort of, 'Well, gee, thanks a lot'. But they know it's good hearted and all in fun.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

So who comes up with these ridiculous holidays? How does it get official recognition? Is there a calendar of some sort that lists these days?

Nuttin' honey!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I might get dressed and wander about the house while getting equipment ready for a photo shoot with my Son-in-laws band gig in drab, per his wife, my daughter, request. I would be asking for some physical pain at the bars where they play. Very Red neck type.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

We should all dress up and go out on International Men’s Day.

Make a visual social statement against the bullshit toxic-masculinity social gender constraints imposed on us, on unreasonable boundaries of what it is to be a man. In many ways we do have it harder than cis-females, with many taboo issues still that often harshly demonises us. This is just one of them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I made the mistake once going to a womens day march dressed and I won't do that again.
    Feminists do not like trans people trust me I found that out quickly.
    Just because you think you support their day if you are a CD you aren't really a woman and not welcome there.
    All it is is a political activist platform and a day for women to do some man hating on national TV.
    Go dressed if you want but if you think they will accept a CD you will get educated real fast.

I am all for equal rights for everyone but thats not really what this day is about sadly because the current feminist crowd are anything but feminists.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-15-2019 at 01:26 PM.

No, they’re feminists because they only care about female rights hence why they call themselves feminists. They are generally not egalitarianists which is about equal rights for everybody. What many are more though are misandrists hence why they hate the transgender community. They lie with outlandish awful claims that we do this just to perv in womens toilets and with intentions to rape them. A rapist will rape anyway regardless, but dressing up and going out in public just to rape in a public loo is not something I find realistic at all.

We need more gender neutral public loos. Feminists might argue that isn’t natural but hey, segregated toilets is not natural. For most of human evolution, we just went from digging a hole in the ground to using very basic communal toilets. I read it was only until the 19th century that laws were passed to segregate men and women. All there needs to be is a separate room for mens urinals (why would women choose to go in there), but toilets can be shared. I don’t see the issue.

Guys going out dressed as a woman is also more a day for International Men’s Day, to say here we are, accept us for who we are. That is a day which feminists sure despise, because they don’t recognise us as equals, but rather lesser than. There is so much double standards in modern feminism today, that I liken them to other oppressing Conservative far-right extremist groups.
    Last edited by Keira Bea; 02-15-2019 at 05:38 PM.

TraciiG, Good advice, you may have just saved some CD’er with good intentions from being harassed.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    So who comes up with these ridiculous holidays? How does it get official recognition? Is there a calendar of some sort that lists these days?
    I think Hallmark still makes those little book 'pocket calendars' with all the holidays highlighted in them, so you'll remember to buy greeting cards to send to everyone on each holiday. I never used one, but all the women I dated always had them filled with all sorts of personal information so they could keep track of every significant thing that occurred each month, all at a glance. I never seemed to have trouble remembering what was going to happen, or when.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am all for women's rights and more so equality for all. But I wouldn't do anything for women's day since I will always be an outsider. In college I was part of Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and was initially coaxed into it since one of my friends knew I was a feminist. Even though they were accepting of men who supported their cause, I always felt like an outsider even if it was all in my head. I didn't want to overstep my bounds. And I feel the same about this woman's day.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    International Men’s Day is November 19th, Krisi
    Thanks. I did not know that.

While it may seem like a good idea to have special days (and months) for different people, what they are really doing is separating people. That serves no good overall purpose.
    Krisi

Krisi, Totally agree here. All the BS today, is dividing us all, and I fear all hell will break loose someday soon, and certain super wealthy elites will enjoy it, as they watch it from their ivory towers and mansions, and control the masses. Political BS movements destroying all respect and love for men, is destroying western civilization. Making it a LOVELESS SOCIETY, WHICH IS COLLAPSING ON ITSELF. To hell with International Anyones' Day.

Banned Spammer
    I'm not for so and so history month either if its part of American history it is what it is.
    There is no white history month or Jewish history month or Asian history month so why should there be any other?
    Feminism of the 60s was totally different than it is in this day and age.
    From what I have experienced personally I wouldn't even drive anywhere near a womens march ever again.
    The hate and venom spewed at me was not pleasant I can assure you.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-15-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Traci I am with you. Having a special month for one ethnic/culture group only splits the country. Now when I fill out forms I select Other and then write in American. That is were my grand parents and parents and myself were born.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm not for so and so history month either if its part of American history it is what it is.
    There is no white history month or Jewish history month or Asian history month so why should there be any other?
    This is it exactly.
    As You and several others have stated, having special days for certain people is devisive rather than inclusive. It segregates people into "categories" rather than bringing people together.
    If we are all equal, why create special days that are for some but not others?
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I don't need some "holiday" to give me a reason to dress up.

Aspiring Member
    The International Men's Day date is not so well known. Some women maintain that men don't need a special day as 364 days a year are International Men's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    The International Men's Day date is not so well known. Some women maintain that men don't need a special day as 364 days a year are International Men's Day.
    The reason your wife says this is because she sees the privilege that men have in our society and most of the men on this site don't. Please, if you see the gender inequality in your country, then support equal rights. If you don't, then you are likely part of the problem.

If you don't see the need for a month for some groups, then here's an analogy for you. A house is on fire on your street. The fire department comes, but your yelling at them to spray water on all the houses not just the one on fire. Because all houses should have the same amount of water. Certain groups need their month to educate people about their adversities and celebrate their lives. That's why there is Pride Month. Every time you hear a homophobic comment, or read a transphobic article is a reason why we need a month.

True feminists do not hate men. They hate the systems that men have created to exclude women and keep them down.
    TERFS, who claims to be feminists, hate trans women but true feminists won't exclude trans people at rallies. If you consistently exert your gender as female then you should be welcomed at Women's Day.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Betty I tried to explain why I was there and that I supported their cause.They told me they didn't need my help and if I knew what was good for me to leave.
    If I didn't leave they would "help" me physically.

Traci I see what is going on and what has happened to you. Remember that not all Red Necks are male.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: