Thread: Out of no where

Out of no where

During the Christmas/New Year period I had a wonderful time dressing. So last week the feeling came back with a vengeance, it appeared out of no where since then it's still the in the background. There's no chance to getting dressed in the near future maybe that's it.

The feeling will ALWAYS be there so dress whenever you can.

What Diane has said is correct.

When you have not been able to dress it always comes back to bite you so to speak.

Just make every opportunity to dress when you can.

I would have thought where you are the population would be thin on the ground, plus it's a little cold there at the moment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Dominique, my need to dress ebbs and flows.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

What you experienced is pretty normal with most of us. I think perhaps there is a threshold that builds up in those parts of the brain that generates gender identity behaviors. When the level reaches that threshold the messaging between different parts of the brain changes to a need to find a validation or confirmation of the basic gender identity configuration and signals of desire to sense something tangible to satisfy the feelings are produced in the process. That is when that needy feeling starts to build up. If there is no response, then the feelings are boosted until validation is detected at a suitable level. This is consistent with some of the neurological findings, but the truth is nobody really knows exactly where those feelings come from, why they happen, or how it all works. But one thing for sure, if you sense those feelings the more you fight or deprive them the stronger they will become.

That said, for some it doesn't necessarily take a full dressing period to validate and turn down the intensity of the desire. For some, just bits and pieces are sometimes sufficient. The most powerful senses for validation can often be odor and taste. These are close relatives. With me, putting on a hint of fragrance can settle things down quite a bit. It doesn't last long, but it is quick and easy and not very noticeable. Just a hint on my upper lip is really calming. You might give it a try at times when you can't provide a stronger validation to fully satisfy what your brain is looking for in the way of validation. It would be nice if our brains told us what it is looking for, but it just transmits the need and it is up to us to find what works.

Dominique, What the others have said is very true,

Once you start and get the feeling of woman's cloths against your body the feeling will always be there

So dress when you can and enjoy it as much as you can

Ebbs and flows is a great way to describe it. I'll go for long periods with no compulsion to dress. This is when I've purged my wardrobe in the past. Without fail the feelings return. Often very strong at first. I've just come to understand that this is part of me. It's not going away but sometimes it will be a stronger drive than others. So when it wanes, at last keep the good stuff around for the next time

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That COULD BE it! When I first arrived at this site all I could think about was dressing!

So, I went with it. Dressed whenever the impulse hit me. Dressed in a store room at work. Dressed at lunch. Dressed in the middle of the nite. It became exhausting! After a month or so, I didn't want to dress at all! And, didn't for 3 months.

That was 10 years ago and the deal I made with myself still works! I dress whenever the the impulse hits me. Which is only about once a week now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My want to dress comes and goes. I never go out of my way to dress. I dress when the opportunity presents itself. I really only dress during the winter months, because I get to show off then.

Silver Member
    One positive aspect of living alone is being able to dress every day, which I do. Its just become second nature to wake up in the morning and dress as pretty as I want.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't worry about it and it actually doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.
    Dress when you can and be happy.

Subconsciously repressing the desire to crossdress, is kind of like refusing to scratch an itchy rash. Sometimes it just becomes more irritating over time until you can't stand it any more, and simply have to find some relief.
    So grab your girly clothes, and scratch away!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hello Dominique,

I do not know much about your social background but it plays a major role on “how much” you can crossdress. Many will say “Be Yourself” which I agree but...

You need to balance things and knowing when the circumstances are right to crossdress. All I can say is to be yourself and adapt it in your environment when you can apply it without impacting things from your social network.

In the other hand, if everyone is open minded at school and work and family and relation... dress up 24/7!

Just dress when you can and enjoy the moment thats what matters most
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I dress regularly,but every cpl weeks my shift patterns are such that I can't fit it in much,or am too tired.I just make sure it's enjoyable when I do dress

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson