Thread: Hair are limits....

Red face Hair are limits....

I have worked in the non-profit sector for many years in a fairly public position. Many people know who I am and will speak to me when in public and admittedly I may not know or remember them.
    About a year ago a accepted a position at a different non-profit and my public role still exist but greatly reduced. Working in a pretty conservative setting for many years I always maintained conservative dress and hairstyle. After moving to a different setting the "social/corporate" pressures are greatly reduced and I decided to keep a threat made many years ago;
    "one day I am going to just let my hair grow until I get tired of it." In the back of my mind, as a closeted crossdresser, I always wanted to experience long hair for the "complete" experience.

My fantasy right now is to have an opportunity to go to a salon and have my hair styled, makeover, nails, the works and attend a formal event in a really nice, special outfit.

I do get out occasionally but always go to the city about 40 miles away for my outings. Never go out locally because of the concern of crossing paths with someone that knows me.

I have always worn wigs when I dressed until I went to a GNO a couple of months ago and styled my own hair, a shorter women's style. I was home alone the other day and was experimenting, brushing my hair in different styles when it dawned on me that if I ever did venture out locally I would probably still have to wear a wig.
    People that know me and now know me with long hair would likely see through the female presentation a lot quicker than if I was wearing a wig with different color or style.

Oh, the challenges...

Molly

Molly,

Nice to have options though!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, Molly. Nevertheless, I'm letting it grow. Of course I have a much bigger "local", and crossing paths with anyone I know is a long shot, in the extreme.
    In a few more years, even that worry goes away.

Anyway, you should stick with the plan, IMO. No substitute for real hair.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Molly, check out Juliette Noir on YouTube. She's got short hair and usually wears wigs but she's growing her natural hair out a little. She does a mean ladies short style.

Grow your hair, grow it now. I always intended to “some day” but that ship has sailed so the Bruce Willis look is the only option now. I don’t do regrets but that is one.

I've been growing out my hair, while I still can. It now falls below my shoulders, even in its natural waves.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 06-01-2019 at 07:39 PM.

I attempted to grow my hair two years ago. I grew it for about 8-9 months. It was too hard to manage and it looked yucky.

I had lovely long blonde hair when I was young. I posted a pic of it years ago and I may post another one that I came across. I could have been one of those very passable CDs back in the day - skinny, short, cute, and the hair! OK, my hands weren't on the dainty side
    Last edited by Ressie; 06-01-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I wish I could grow my hair long, but I should pulled up my big girl panties 30 years ago when I still had hair to grow. Unfortunately, since then, my hair kind of up and went. So, I need a wig anytime I go out en femme.

But, I have an idea for you. I have several different wigs ranging in colors from dirty blonde, to brunette, to auburn and red; and lengths from chin level to half way down my back, and from straight to wavy to curly. All my CD friends know to never expect me to wear the same wig two days in a row.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    Hi Molly , When my 80 year old barber retires I may let my hair grow out,

I still at 76 still have a full head of hair. >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When I grew mine out with the mandatory and unavoidable awkward period, I just wore it most of the time in a ponytail or bun. It still showed all my male features and did not provide anyone with a peak at what I looked liked dressed en femme with the hair let down. That may work for you.

Mine is long enough for a short pony tail, but the sides still need to grow. The back is down below my collar and rest on my upper back, the sides are just below the jaw line. Probably should get a slight trim for shape..

Letting it grow!
    Molly

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If its a non profit how can they afford to pay you a salary?
    Somebody is making money somewhere or they wouldn't be doing it.
    I have trimmed my hair once (to shape it) in 7 years.

Nonprofits still pay their workers salaries. There operating budgets include employee salaries and benefits.

Traci,
    Non profits come in many forms and purposes. The one I work for provides specific services for low to moderate income families at no cost to to them. We are funded through grants and private donations.

Molly

The only time I grew my hair should length was years before I started fully dressing. Long black hair and knickers doth no a lash make.
    Also Tracii for shame. So much cynicism in one so young. 😉

I've been growing mine for about 2 1/2 years. Trimmed it once.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Abbie I can be cynical but I am 66 years old so I have enough life experience to be that way LOLOL.
    I still think somebody is making money somewhere.
    There was a time i could have used assistance be it food stamps,housing assistance etc but they would never help me.
    I tried 3 times when my kids were little and I basically had nothing. Asked for help and got turned down every time.
    I am glad it happened that way because it got me motivated to get off my butt make my own way and have a successful life.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-02-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    It’s taken me about 8 months to a year but I can now be confidant going out en fem with my own hair.
    It is a challenge to make it look right for sure but I love having my own
    Just got my color updated yesterday

Grew mine out when I retired almost 10 years ago. It's very fine and getting finer, so I really have to style it carefully. Down to my shoulder blades; it breaks off before going any longer.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I grew mine out 2 years ago it's past my shoulders sometimes when in male mode I think about having it cut because I look better looking with shorter hair in male mode then I do like it long as well but when I dress I love it's just style it quick then I'm happy

My hair kind of passes but the rest of me doesn't