Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for CD's who dress all the way or nothing!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Question for CD's who dress all the way or nothing!

"Do find dressing always to the 9's stressful or exciting?"

I don't really miss the old days when throwing on a few items and lounging around satisfied me.
    Now, it's all or nothing. Not worth the effort to go part way. I'm posting this to hear from other CD's who dress that way.

Now, I'll reply to my question above:
    I find getting ready for an event, (the reason I mostly dress these days), to be serious, stressful, and I'm usually running late!

When I'm doing a home shoot I'm much more relaxed, get to take my time, and get increasingly more excited the nearer I get to completing Sherry's look!

Which is it for u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It has always been an all or nothing thing .
    I just don't get that special feeling from part dressing

JAS

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Not at all , doing it everyday it doesn't feel like CDing anymore, I just get dressed put my makeup and get on with my jobs and errands . Dressing to the nines is easier than doing everyday as long as I have all my items ready , I've usually decided in advance what I'm going to wear and prepared it .

The only sressful part are my nails , I always leave them till the last minute .

Stressful of late, no time or desire to do anything. I have to be getting close to a year since I last touched makeup. Can't be bothered with it. The only thing I miss are my friends.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I only dress fully, and that's when the urge hit. I can go months at a time without wanting to dress. I've never been a fan of partial or under dressing. I dress when I can make the time for it, I'll never force myself to dress. I want to dress, but I don't need to.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    After the 1st time I was done completely up as an adult, there is no other way

I have not dressed up for a long time now. Too many crises just surviving again. But, it is so thrilling when i have done it. However, I am actually trying to dress less and less now, as i see terrible times just ahead, and mere survival the big issue. All or nothing has been it for me, but, it is so much work, that i just don't dress very often anymore, and sometimes, i have only put on pantyhose or panties. I need to get a will made, too, soon.

I used to be all or nothing but as the years have passed, I have been happy with a "less is more" attitude I think and the need to fully dress has been replaced with partial dressing of underthings, forms, and heels with a t-shirt on....many times its just a pair of heels and i'm good!

I underdress all the time so it gets rather routine for me, the rush comes when I get the chance to go all out..

Gold Member
    I do not go out dressed. So that being said, I dress casual around the house every day I am at home.
    That is usually a skirt and top. Some times a simple dress. I do not do make-up, some times I wear
    my wig. I an under dressed all the time. When going out, I wear fem jeans while under dressed.
    and a Polo top.
    Rader

Dressing fully, for me, is the only way to go.

Please note that I do not find the act of "dressing", or being dressed to be erotic. It is merely the way that I find 'normal' and comfortable.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

It is all or nothing these days.

I think there is a professional attitude about dressing correctly.

Sherry I can see how you evolved, a bit of experimentation here and there in the early days, with me , enough dressing till the excitement wore off.

Although I was getting completely dressed when I was twelve.

This was encouragement from others for a convincing transformation.

It is still invigorating but more of a necessity as professionalism creeps in now, the same as you Sherry when doing your presentations.

It is not a successful production unless it is done right, that is my view.

So to go with the song .......

It cain't be in between,
    it cain't be now and then,
    No half and half romance will do!
    It's all er nothin' with me.

All Er Nothing from the film Oklahoma.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 02-15-2019 at 07:07 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thirty years ago when I wore a younger mans dresses I loved wearing women's clothes with out makeup when I worked from home.
    Over the last couple of years I tried on several occasions to dress up with no makeup and if I looked in the mirror I hated myself, was a big "turn off".
    If I had to dress with no makeup I would Purge everything!
    Dressing for me now is the Look not the feel.
    When I was 16 the feel of the clothes was so nice, girls got to wear silky smooth fabric but guys just got cotton, Ya ruff and tuff!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Sherry,
    Not at all , doing it everyday it doesn't feel like CDing anymore, I just get dressed put my makeup and get on with my jobs and errands . Dressing to the nines is easier than doing everyday as long as I have all my items ready , I've usually decided in advance what I'm going to wear and prepared it .

The only sressful part are my nails , I always leave them till the last minute .
    Thanks for your comment, Teresa. I always appreciate your unique points of view. However, I consider u more of a TS than a CD. I consider CD's to be men who occasionally dress up like women. Not males who feel they r, and/or live as women. I believe your much farther down the Yellow Brick road than a CD like me, for example!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, I dont find dressing fully stressful at all, in fact it is my weekend treat! Most days i am underdressed for comfort during the day, then when i get home the work clothes come off and like others, its on with the skirt and top or dress, sometimes womens pants if i have dirty stuff to do, but when the weekend arrives, i go for it full on ready for the day. Mind you i have to go out in my man disguise if we go shopping as my wife is not comfortable with me being seen locally. Vacations are another matter of course. Nobody knows me!

Doc, I only dress all the way. I don't find stressful, relaxing and exciting in the same moment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am all or nothing, but that attitude means I don't dress as often as I would like.

Reality Check
    For me it's Krisi or Homer, never "Kromer". That said, I'm sure there are different definitions of "all the way". I'm sitting here this morning wearing my wig, boobs and hip and but padding. And a dress. Shaved but no makeup or jewelry. I'm not going anywhere so there's no need for more. I'm Krisi for sure, but not all "dolled up" for an outing.
    Krisi

Sherry,

"Do find dressing always to the 9's stressful or exciting?" Neither, I find it satisfying but then again I don't get the opportunity to fully dress that often, certainly if you#re going to include makeup in the question.

On average I get the chance to dress fully clothing wise for a 3-4 hours, 4 out of 5 weeks. This is in addition to regular opportunities to put on a skirt and hose during the week. The only stress is in there being a deadline to return to drab. Generally however I find dressing to whatever level relaxing as opposed to stressful.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    I'm a total dresser. So, it's always a dress (no pants, yuck!), bra, panty, slip, hosiery, shoes and wig. I do forego makeup because it is too bothersome to apply and remove. And, the GG's I know do not apply any makeup unless they are going to a function or have some other reason to wear it. My wife only applies lip gloss when she goes to work. So, I figure I'm in good company without makeup. I do apply light facial makeup when out for an evening stroll. I do not bother with nail polish or fake nails. Again, following the lead of my wife. If I followed the lead of my granddaughter I'd be spending half my life applying and removing.

After reading all the adventures of under dressing on this site I gave it a try. On several occasions I wore a bra, camisole, panty and hosiery during the fall months. It did nothing for me other than force me to use a stall rather than a urinal in the men's room.

I am of the opinion all this dressing stuff is more than some kinky fetish. If my mindset is that of Stephanie on any particular day, it would seem strange for her to be wearing guy stuff. Wouldn't that make her an outer dresser cross dressing female?

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    You know I'm all or nothing when it comes to dressing and leaving the house.
    I don't find it stressful getting ready more like tedious. I just wish the getting ready
    shaving/putting on makeup and all that part could be done instantly.
    Usually after 3 or 4 days of a conference I'm thoroughly tired of doing the whole makeup
    routine but I'm always happy and excited to be dressed and heading out the door to the next event.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Silver Member
    Sans wig and full makeup, I dress fully daily with lipstick, and jewelry. I only do it "to the nines" if i'm going out. Diva Las Vegas will be to the ninety nines!

Occasional CD Alexandra Collins's Avatar
    After starting CDing late in life (at 56) last year, and initially dressing a lot, but only at home and with no makeup or wig for the first few months, I'm now only really interested to dress all the way (clothes, makeup, wig, jewelry) and then go out out in the real world (and take photos before, after, or during my time outside my house). Only exceptions are when I am doing trial runs at applying makeup as I'm still learning this, in which case I may stay in and just take photos, but even then since it still takes me so long to do my makeup, I figure at that point I might as well dress fully (only takes an extra 10 minutes or so) and then take some photos. Only other exception, is if I buy some new clothes or shoes, I may try them on once at home to see how they look and fit, but not get dressed all the way. Oh, I may just wear heels around the house for short periods of time, but that is just to practice my walk for when I leave my house! Prolonged and frequent partial dressing or under dressing is of no interest to me.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Depends on your definition of all the way,yes I always dress with wig and varying degrees of makeup but that could be as casual as being in my pj's or fully in smart outfit.

I love the whole experience dressing to the nines to somewhere special ,I don't think exciting is right word but a very enjoyable experience nonetheless,the only stressful part is getting an itch that really needs scratched while your nails are still drying, or you get a ladder in your last pair of tights

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Well, now that I have committed to full transition, it is all the way, every day, just like any cisgender lady would do. I don’t step out the door unless I look as passable as I can manage.

But even before, when I was “only” dressing and going out three to four times a week, it was all or nothing for me.

Only in the earliest stages, when I first experimented with underdressing while still married, did I only wear a few femme things in public. And that was strictly unseen undies. From the day I first was able to put together the whole look, with a shaved face, makeup, forms, hip pads, and a completely female outfit, there was no turning back for me.