Thread: [PIC] Amateur Photograher - Flats & Pointe Shoes - Hosiery

Red face Amateur Photograher

Amateur Photograher - Flats & Pointe Shoes - Hosiery

Just wanted to share that I am an amateur pics.
    You all have a wonderful week!

Regards,
    SailorMoon
    Last edited by SailorMoon; 02-15-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Just take lots of photos.

A lot quicker and cheaper with digital photography.

I would take twelve shots, develop a roll of film, enlarge and print them, this took a day or so and they were only black and white!

Times have changed, Mr. Kodak must be feeling the pinch these days. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Bev,
    You've just taken me back thirty years of memories , I started with that throughput but ended up with a fairly efficient colour darkroom . Actually Mr . Kodak missed out big time to Mr. Fuji , Kodak pulled the plug on so many lines and Fuji scooped a huge market , I found their products better anyway , their colour paper was far more consistent batch to batch and their film had better latitude . It all sounds like an article from a museum now but there was no deying the quality achieved from film printed on a top quality printing setup .

Seeing an image materialize on the wet paper in a dark room with a red light was magical, and now gone the way of the slide rule.

I was up in the loft the other day and there gathering dust was my old B/W enlarger. Somewhere up there are the developing tanks and all the other paraphernalia. Yep, there was a certain satisfaction in producing something all the way from the framing in the viewfinder, to the press of the shutter and then the big reveal in the dark room.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I just realized that my camera purchases have been driven (at least partially) by my crossdressing. I could not afford a good film camera (nor a darkroom) so my first dressup photos are scans of polaroid photos I took in the late 1980's...

I bought a Beseler enlarger 20+ years ago with half a notion to build a darkroom around it...never happened. Could only do B&W anyway....D76 devloper + dektol.

Digital is the way to go. Less expensive and lower environmental impact.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

OMG, flashback memories. In the late sixties I made my first darkroom in the basement. I covered the windows with double thick black velour drapes that I cut and sewes to size, sealed cracks around doors with black theatrical tape, and had a Bessler enlarger and all the things needed dor B&W developing and printing. Started with a Konica 35mm, graduated to a Nikon and had a couple models of that, and miss all of it. No photoshopped pics. then, but using tools to control the exposure of different areas of a photo to dring out details was a joy to manipulate.

Didn't get to dress fully in that era, so no selfies came from it.

Sigh, missing the darkroom time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think these days most of us r, Sailormoon!

Unfortunately, as u can tell from my volumnous portfolio, my camera is much smarter than I am!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When we build our house it included a very large industrial grade darkroom. Lots of balck & white processing and some color. In my third carrer I was a professional photographer. doing underwater, sports, travel, wildlife and some corporate work. When digital came along I had to make the transition. My camera room became full of unused film cameras. As digital changed at an ever faster pace digital cameras started too stack up.Twice I and my wife sold equipment to a traveling buyer. Now it is still digital, but makung the change to mirrorless. More cameras to buy. Now I have settled on one camera that meets 90 % of all my needs and lots of the work I used to do are no longer viable. I am fully retired and turn down work requests. I am way overdue to shoot images of Alice and will make that a project the 1st three weeks of March

I, too, had a modest career as a photographer, cinematographer and photography and video production teacher for many years. I never had much of a home darkroom because I always had almost unlimited access to professional grade facilities at the university where I worked, although in a pinch I could develop film at home.

Although I am nostalgic for the smells and the magic of seeing images develop in front of my eyes, on the whole, digital has been a revelation for me, allowing me to practice and shoot much more without worrying about the expense or time invested in each final image. Unsurprisingly, the more I can shoot, the better I get at what really counts - finding great shots, composing and lighting them, tweaking exposure and color. In video especially, I can do more in editing on my desktop computer at home than was possible in a million dollar studio a couple of decades ago. It's certainly a different world today, but on the whole, a much richer and better one than in the past.

- Diane