Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's, why do u mainly dress? To go out or stay alone in the closet?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question CD's, why do u mainly dress? To go out or stay alone in the closet?

This question is obviously geared toward dressers who r NOT out and don't present as female often.

I find that the nearly weekly T events and my private, picto story photo sessions satisfy my dressing desires.
    As a result, even tho I consider myself a closet dresser, more than 1/2 my dressing is done out of the house.

What about u? U CD's who aren't out to everyone? Do u dress mostly to go out or keep it private?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

These days most of my dressing is at home but not necessarily by choice. I would like to go out much more often than I do. That's something I'm working through with my wife. I would prefer to be out and present as and be perceived as a woman to the extent possible.

Yeah it’s pretty much all at home. I’ve literally gone out once in seven years. I would like to but it’s not really that important to me . I used to dress a few times a week now a few times a month is a maybe. Nobody’s stopping me, I merely dress when I’m “feeling it”
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I'm an at-home dresser. Usually in some state of 'casual' fem nearly everyday at home. On the weekends, I 'doll up', especially for when my wife comes home from work. She wants to take me out on a date and we're tentatively deciding where and when I figure once I break that barrier, I'll go out more. For now, still practicing all of the feminine looks until I can feel like I wouldn't look like a freak show

I started out dressing as mostly a fetish thing. I was attracted to the clothes. That changed after a while. Until about 3 years ago all my dressing was done at home (except for some makeovers) Then I went to lunch with one of the makeover persons. That was scary but not too bad. I went out several times with her. Then I tried going to Sephora for makeup and they let me change there and I went out after (to a park) Eventually I went to a live theatre etc. I am not out at home or in my city (nor do I want to be) Now I still dress for the clothes but want the "going out" experience too. That's is getting more appealing. Up to this month I haven't dressed in 2 months. Missed it a bit. Making up for it now. Once wife comes home it will be less. I hope I answered your question.

These days it is get dressed and go out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There are certain articles of clothing that I like to wear. I am mostly into lingerie, and I like to wear skirts also. A favourite way for me to dress around home is to underdress in nylon camis, panties, pantyhose and a skirt. There is something about snug fitting nylon lingerie against the skin that feels so good. If I am going to wear hosiery, a skirt makes perfect sense.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I underdress every day, but my dressing is limited to MIAD only. My wife is happy to see me fully dressed along with feminine jewellery, but makeup and a wig are a bridge too far for her.

I have to present as a man at least part of every day, but when I’m back home and it’s not too late in the day I’ll dress, and do so between three and five days per week.

I’m okay with these ‘limitations’. Because Crossdressing only became part of me just over two years ago, it has to compete with all the other things in my life that defines who I am, rather than being dominant.

Would I want more? Sure! But I want a lot of things that I’m never going to get, so I don’t lose any sleep over it.

There might be a time when I can fully dress, with makeup and wig, nails, etc. But even that will be a ‘next town over’ thing as I would never come out to my friends and family.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    As a result, even tho I consider myself a closet dresser, more than 1/2 my dressing is done out of the house.
    Doesn't add up. Must be the new math or something.

Also, I like my closet. It has all my favorite things in it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Most of my dressing is at home,but I do like to get out dressed as much as possible either to one of my trans friends place's for a nice girlie night,or for a night out in town I've awesome friends that I'm glad can spend some time with,its made for some wonderful memories

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Lately I dress without makeup and wig at home, alone and with my wife around, a few times a week. I also go out at night a couple times a month in the cover of darkness. I would like a place to go to that is comfortable but hasn't come up.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Doesn't add up. Must be the new math or something.

Also, I like my closet. It has all my favorite things in it.
    I should explain, Lexi. No one other than my ex, sister, and 2 daughters know I dress. I either dress at home or get in the car and drive to T friendly venues 20 or more miles away from my town! In SoCal, with 15 million people? 20 miles is like driving thru 2 or more states away!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I dress to go out

Doc,
    My wife knows I dress, but doesn't want to see it. I don't dress at home at all. I leave the house and dress and put on makeup in the van, my truck, or at one of the nail salons I frequent. When I first started dressing I underdressed. Now I ALWAYS fully dress, have my nails painted, and wear makeup. Lately through the help of the therapist that we both see separately my wife has agreed that I can dress two times a month even though she prefers none at all! She doesn't want me to do anything "Behind her back" as I always did in the past.

I make the most of it by going shopping (prescriptions, grocery, clothes, anything we need since I do all the shopping), attending car shows, eating at restaurants, anything to be fully being myself out in public.

My wife told her sister about me dressing about ten years ago, but I am only out to them, all my doctors and their nurses, the owner and one employee of a shop that has clothing, swim suits, prosthetics for women that have had mastectomies , and the nail technicians at two nail salons.

Suzi Q

For me the whole experience is wrapped around an "excitement" or fantasy; becoming something or someone else along with all the rest of the physical and emotional feelings is what I'm looking for. The process of dressing is very important as I decouple from my usual self, starting with a shower, using soaps/toiletries that smell femme and putting on a set of nails to really get into character. I know it can be done faster without that step but for me the whole point is to become as much of a woman as I can.

That said, I dream to be able to go out as Jamie but don't have the ability to mesh those days with the rest of my life so that greatly limits how far I'll go on any given dressing day. In an ideal world I could see a day a month or so as the ideal balance yet I can fantasize about spending 24 hours or more yet haven't really tried too hard to make that happen. I start out with the goal of becoming Jamie, staying Jamie as long as I can and finally doing something I either haven't done before or something I really enjoyed. I have been able to arrange an outing or otherwise venture out, enjoyed it tremendously and will do so again. It's a combination of becoming Jamie and an absolute adrenaline rush that mesh into something I think I'd need a few dozen pages to describe correctly, make sense?

From the other answers on this and other threads I believe there is a huge spectrum of goals or reasons we do this and it might sound crazy but I'm thinking we're actually lucky in many ways to have found something like this that can touch our needs so deeply that we will go to quite a bit of trouble to accomplish.
    Last edited by NjJamie; 02-16-2019 at 10:21 PM.

I dress for a little while almost everyday, I think a short time is better than no time. I try to dress fully one day a week and stay inside.
    I go out once a month to a meeting. The past group I was in met twice a month so that was better.
    I went out a few times on my own doing my best to blend in. I think if I have to blend in why not just go out in male mode so I'll really blend in.
    I really dress to feel better so it doesn't make much difference to me if I stay in or go out.
    Last edited by Jaymees22; 02-16-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Platinum Member
    I'm an in-home dresser. That's in my comfort zone. When I have the opportunity to be en femme I actually get domestic chores done around the house. I do go out on occasion. Basically, it is to see whether I am missing something. I really have nothing to do when out. I do go for an evening stroll. Yes, the cool breeze caressing my legs feels nice. But, that's about it. I have zero knowledge of any venue around my area. I want to keep it private because revealing it would only cause confusion among family and friends.

I only dress fully to go out these days. It seems a waste of time and effort to just sit at home with no opportunity to show off my handiwork. I do, of course, dress at home to try on outfits and rehearse combinations that will work for me when I leave the house. But that's just necessary prep time and doesn't excite me much.

On the other hand, my day to day clothes and look have been veering more and more to the femme side lately. I pretty much always wear a little makeup, jewelry, nail polish and heels nowadays.

- Diane

I dress early in the morning, usually in underwear, hosiery, skirt, blouse and heels.
    During the winter months I have been able to stay underdressed when going to work. Hosiery keeps me warm!
    I seldom wear make-up or a wig. They do nothing for me.

Aspiring Member
    In the closet locally. On long trips, I do go out. I am in a small town out in the desert. My take on this issue seems to be the same as Doc's take, but my distances are calibrated differently.

Although I'm in the closet to my SO the household daily routine gives me a few hours most days to wear a skirt and hose, the hose stay on as I partially under dress. Most Saturdays I get to fully dress sans makeup for 3-4 hours while home alone. As regular readers will know I do spend time away from home and go 24/7, the whole nine yards, out in the world.

So while it would be nice to have greater freedom to dress I content myself with the status quo. I realise I get way more time either fully or partially dressed than a good many others so I count my blessings.

There are times when I itch to go out more but it is what it is.

I haven't presented feminine to the outside world in a very long time. It's out of respect for my SO's wishes - and knowing that I did not present well when I did.
    So - except for panties (24/7), I keep it at home. And even that isn't much since I'm in an odd DADT situation (panties and nighties are OK - nothing more in her presence).

as to WHY I dress at all - well, I have to either find some way to express my inner self or have a meltdown.

Aspiring Member
    I have dressed mainly alone at home. I the last few years I have been going out at least once a year. My wife prefers I only go out once a year. I am planning 2 outings this year. I wish I could go out more, but I like to go out in the day and I still have to work.
    Sara

I can't dress at home, only when out on overnight work trips, if I could go out I would, one of my resolutions is to go out dressed in daylight at least once this year (and my guess is if I do it once, I'll do it again...)

I do both. But I still consider myself in the closet, since my family and friends don't know about my crossdressing, even I underdress on a daily basis. I only go out fully dressed at night a few times a month and I went shopping presenting myself as a women a few times, but mainly I wear skirts and heels at home when I don't have visitors, but no makeup, silicone breast forms and wig.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    It is very rare that I stay at home when I crossdress with more than just nylons and heels. It is even more rare for me to crossdress fully and wander out the door without socializing intentions. Only thing holding me back from dressing and staying at home or wandering out to do something like shopping by myself is the lack of interest to do so. Crossdressing is one of my interests/hobbies where without socializing it is something that doesn’t satisfy me.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-17-2019 at 09:13 AM.