Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electrolysis Humor

Macey,
    If you have much scabbing, it could mean that the electrologist is using overly aggressive settings on the machine. Then again, it might be that we're all different and some skin reacts more readily. I've seldom (as in only twice, in a couple tiny spots) had anything that one might call "scabbing", more like just some minor drainage that dries rather crusty. Swelling is another matter. I've had what looks like a big welt, over the treated area, last for two or three days.
    As for length, I need three days growth to enable my electrologist to work quickly, and quicker is always better - more dead follicles per visit. YMMV.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Very similar to Kelly. It's just looks like I'm getting a cold sore tbh, for a couple of days then settles down, as long as you keep antiseptic cream on so it doesn't get spotty or dry out.

Length... I usually shave every morning so I skip Friday and have the session Saturday and that's enough. It depends how fast your hair grows but that's enough for me. The lip does swell but I don't look like I've been in a fight or anything It's ok the rest of Saturday, peaks on Sunday and then is civilized by Monday for work so it all works out But then again I have ridiculously strong lips from playing the tuba so YMMV lol

Here I am after my second session of one hour. She wanted to do more, but it was all I could take. This is three days later. Because this thread is "Electrolysis Humor" please feel free to laugh!

2019-05-26_11-11-41_983 (Small).jpg

Thanks again Dorit for your graphic help to us.
    If about electrolysis humor we're talking, for me last two month has been very "funny". Two times my endo submit to health insurer the referral and has been denied.
    Nurses, all people on insurer staff as well doctor's office has been so nice trying to help me but then I receive the denial letters from a doctor that of course I don't know.
    So one of the nurses, in the insurer health behavioral, told me that all the deal was that the guidelines request my PCP (primary care provider) must do the request. This week I met the nurse practioner, that knows me for year, was one of the first that support me with the HRT referral treatment. She was so nice and I hope this time the health insurer approved the referral based on the extreme sicological distress that the hair on face causes me.
    Now watching Dorit's picture I got scary....what a joke...but I won't pull back...I will keep you posted when it bed approved and how I will suffer it...
    Last edited by Devi SM; 05-26-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

There was nothing funny about my session just now I'll tell ya. Phew, toughest one yet. One hour mostly on the upper lip. I'm reacting to the numbing cream so I'm just toughing it out instead. It's still worth it though

Yeah! I agree that there's nothing fun or humorous about electrolysis.
    My endocrinologist submit twice the referral to the health insurer and was declined because it must be my PCP, so I went and see her but what she submit was a referral for dermatologist. When call them to an appointment they say don't do electrolysis so finally my therapist, (the best) told me to switch to a different health center, an specialized for trans people. Today I had my first appointment with my new PCP and he introduced me to the trans team they have for all my needs. They immediately did blood tests and told me my electrolysis referral should be approved no later 2 weeks.....
    Ahhhggg! I hope this time it work.
    For the meantime, my Iber passengers assure me that they don't see what I see about hair and that from the beginning they didn't know I'm a transgender. Yeeey!

Silver Member
    Dorit, you’re getting fried if you look like that after 3 days.

Eemz, watch the upper lip sessions. It’s the area that’s most prone to puckering (permanently) when electrolysis is done, presumably because of the hair density. Best to take the upper lip in small doses of time. I tried to limit the area to 30 minutes max, and usually shorter. I mostly did 2 hour sessions, so if I started the session on the upper lip, the rest was a cakewalk.
    Lea

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    Dorit, you’re getting fried if you look like that after 3 days.
    Thanks Lea, I need some feedback. It took two weeks for my face to recover! While she is very friendly, I am her first transgender client. She said it is my sensitive skin. I want to try with someone more experienced to see if there is a difference.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Dorit,
    I am few hours shy of 100 hours on my face (and about 26 hours on my chest). Needless to say I spent a lot of time with my electrologist talking about hair. It grows in so many different shapes (straight, hook, c-shape, double, triple hairs from the same folical, etc...I have them all). Treating mens facial hair is a skill and an art. It is thick, dense, with follicles deep down the skin. The white fluff on GGs faces is just that - fluff. I would be really considering finding an experienced electrologist who has experience with "mens" facial hair. It will save you time, money, and maybe the skin. Everyone's skin heals differently. I am sure with age it takes more than for a young person. With that being said, 3 weeks sounds like a long time. I never had an issue to go to work the next day. Most of the readiness would go away for me overnight and I will have red dots all over but nothing more serious.
    Good luck,
    Katya

I was approved for electrolysis by my health insurance but talking with my therapist, who is a trasgender as well, we decide to switch to a trans wellness center where there are experienced electrolysis technician that deal all the time with mtf trans.
    I will have to drive around 60 miles but he told me it worths.

Silver Member
    I’ve had appx. 170 hours of electrolysis. My tech said my skin is highly reactive ... yet most of the redness and visible bumps were gone within a couple of hours after a session. (I could still feel some bumpiness into the next day, but it wasn’t noticeable to anyone else.) Most of my sessions were long lunch breaks, and I returned to work after. I started electrolysis at 58. All of it has been 13.5 MHz thermolysis using an Apilus Senior epilator and Ballet needles, mostly stainless, but some gold for the upper lip.
    Lea

Silver Member
    Those large red scabs are worrisome. A few small pinprick scabs and redlness and a little swelling is one thing, but all those larger red scabs are not normal. Too much power, too close to the surface, on follicles too close together.

If you don't have another electrologist you can try, have her just thin the hair out for a while, don't do a whole area clearance until it is thinned out. Especially the corners of the upper lip.

Silver Member
    You might also ask about using insulated needles.
    Lea