Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD's, why do u mainly dress? To go out or stay alone in the closet?

I"m mostly an at home dresser, mostly just because of the logistics of going out. My wife is 'mildly' tolerant, but done's want to see me dressed, so it's not practical when she's around to leave the house dressed. When she's away...which isn't terribly often... I have no problem going out and about.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    It is very rare that I stay at home when I crossdress with more than just nylons and heels. It is even more rare for me to crossdress fully and wander out the door without socializing intentions. Only thing holding me back from dressing and staying at home or wandering out to do something like shopping by myself is the lack of interest to do so. Crossdressing is one of my interests/hobbies where without socializing it is something that doesn’t satisfy me.
    I feel the same, Chantal. I'd be content to never go out dressed again. Just dress in private and do my silly picto stories. The only reason I do go out often is because I love my dresser friends!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It was always a desire of mine to be out in public as "one of the girls".
    It took decades to reach the point where I came out fully to my wife and luckily she is fully supportive.

For the last 15+ years I have been able to fulfill that need and go out frequently with her at my side.
    This was never something I wanted to keep just for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am an in-house dresser. Used to go out, but with the DADT arrangement with my barely tolerant wife, I have chosen to honor her request that I no longer go out. Believe me, I would rather go out, but I really love her and will keep my promise.

As you yourself have demonstrated, doc, unless one is Grayson Perry or Eddie Izzard or someone like that, all crossdressers are closeted to some degree regardless of whether they go out or not. I go out as often as I can and am open about my dressing to most of my friends and coworkers but like you, doc, most of my family doesn’t know, except my mother.

The fact is that now I’ve been going out dressed regularly, I hardly ever bother to get dressed up at home, especially if the weather is not so nice. Sure, I’ll underdress from time to time and try on the clothes I buy to make sure they fit ok. I’ll even experiment putting outfits together when planning future outings but that’s about it.
    Last edited by Patience; 02-19-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: You can’t get Levi jeans, pictures of James Dean but these things I have seen and they don’t mean that much to me.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

My urge to go out started alomst immediately with my dressing at young age.
    Since many years I tried to improve my appearance and it seems to work ut for me.
    today, I go out as much as possible and I don't seem to get too much attention, people might not
    immediately recognize me as a guy in female clothes, I don't know.

However, I very much enjoy beeing out as Doreen.

I stay at home except for the odd drive in the car. I wear a skirt or dress, with no male clothing, and no make up every evening. I do so because I love the clothes but I also like my male day time as well. Going out does not appeal to me as I can do so much easier in male clothes.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I dress because going out naked is frowned upon. And also not smart during February in New England. 😂

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Besides, u wouldn't be "crossdressing" if u did that anyway, Chelsea!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I dress, it's at home, and for the moment, it's a rare occurrence. I'll do everything except makeup because there's usually not enough time. My 22-year-old son recently moved back home and is now going to the local Technical College. While my priority is taking care of him and getting him on his feet, I do have to neglect my inner needs.
    My goal is to one day venture out from the house, but so many things must happen. I do have to have a talk with my wife. She knows I dress, but in her eyes it's a fetish. I don't even think she knows my inner self has a name. I also need to make friends away from home, like in Dallas, Houston or New Orleans. As I mentioned in a previous post, I know a lot of people where I live and even more know me because of my father.
    My future dreams are like many. I'd love to get a makeover. I'd love to go to the theater. I'd love just to dress casually and go out to lunch and shopping. I feel it will all come in time, I just wish that time were now.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Mythbusters

I'm happy staying home and dressing just my wife and I.
    Angie