Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Women are really Surprised that many of us can fit into their Dresses

Do you think Women are really Surprised that many of us can fit into their Dresses

I am not suggesting we should ever put on our wives things but am surprised at how often both men and women seem to disbelieve when they hear stories about husbands caught trying on their wives lingerie or dresses. Of course as we know it all depends many times on the cut and material of the outfit in question.

According to several sources the average dress size for women is now 16-18. I know at least in my case up until my 40s I could get into most size 12 and 14s depending on how the dress was cut ! I could not find any stats that would tell me what percentage of men can wear a size 18 dress but I would certainly guess out in San Francisco it would be at least 50%

I would think it would occur to most wives who borrow their husbands things that their man could probably fit into several of their items especially nighties that have lots of stretch.

Any thoughts ?

I guess my point additional in this is that when people on social media comment about stories involving husbands trying on their wives things they tend to almost shame the Men for being too small or the women for being to large. Anyone else notice this ?

top.jpg

Not really. There is far more variance in female body shapes than male, so it stands to reason that most men can wear some female clothing, although the reverse is probably less true. Women know this.

I think they’re more surprised by the fact some of us want to wear their clothing In the first place.
    Last edited by Patience; 02-16-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Three brothers joined. Three unicorns sailing in the noonday sun will speak.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

When I was younger, it was not whether a man could get into a womans dress, it was more how good looking some of them were when dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    My wife is not surprised at all. I do have all of my own clothes to wear, and have no need to wear any of hers. Besides, my taste in clothes differs from her tastes anyway.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

You know men come in all shapes and sizes too right? Not all men are 6’, 200 lbs. some of us are size 4s.

I’m a size 18-20. My wife is a 16-18 but used to be larger. Some of my clothes are her cast offs. We don’t share clothes.

But as to the question: no she wasn’t surprised at all. But she spent her youth on stage doing local theatre, where crossdressing for stage performances, while not common, happens often enough, and most of the male actors would fit into off the rack female clothing.

Michelle.

Size 2 fits fine, unless it is too big.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't know what universe u live in, Robbie? But, I don't read ANYWHERE except on CD sites about men trying on their wife's things!

Personally? My ex moved in with me a size 4 or smaller. When she moved out 10 years later she was about a 16. She left piles of sexy clothes she'll never fit into again. I've actually been able to squeeze into a few of them! The ones made of spandex, etc., that stretch a good bit!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    Size 2 fits fine, unless it is too big.
    Don't rub it in.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    I don't think many that size are surprised, but the fact that they are the same size as their husband can be yet another straw on the camels back as they say.

My wife once said when I had lost a lot of weight and could fit into her dresses.

Most women are probably not as upset about the fact that their husband IS wearing their dresses as they are about the fact that their husband CAN wear their dresses.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-18-2019 at 03:20 PM.

I think my wife was surprised at first. Now sometimes we share or trade things.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

With my smallish frame I wear a size 8. I don't t think most women really care.

At first my wife was a little surprised because of anatomical differences...mainly narrower shoulders and broader hips. I have all my own clothes but use breast forms, hip and butt pads and a waist cincher to both better fit in dresses, skirts and pants. They very much help complete the image and I enjoy wearing all the extras.

I am surprised that I am a normal sized female.

Aspiring Member
    I don't wear hip pads or shapewear, just breast forms. I am fortunate that I have good legs and my waist is narrower than my shoulders so I look good in womenswear. I have emerged from changing rooms to remarks like "That's not fair" or, when I managed to get into a size 10 skirt "All I ca say is Bully for you!". I have even had gasps. I have been told I look better in womenswear than menswear. t is not that I look like a woman - I don't - it is that the clothes look good on me.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I don't know what universe u live in, Robbie? But, I don't read ANYWHERE except on CD sites about men trying on their wife's things!

Personally? My ex moved in with me a size 4 or smaller. When she moved out 10 years later she was about a 16. She left piles of sexy clothes she'll never fit into again. I've actually been able to squeeze into a few of them! The ones made of spandex, etc., that stretch a good bit!
    The question comes up many many times on relationship sites from wives.

My wife and I are about 1 or 2 sizes apart, with her being bigger so I can fit into clothes she no longer wants but can't really wear my stuff. I have a dozen or so hand me downs from her.

Banned Read only
    When we were first married my wife, according to a women's clothing chart I just consulted, wore a size 6. Now, she wears a size 16 or XL. Checking the chart back then I would have been a size 12. Now I wear sizes 16-18 and XL. We could share dresses. In fact I have a Croft Barrow dress she has hanging in her side of the walk-in closet. She does not know the extent of my wardrobe of dresses. I sure she would not be pleased with herself if she knew we wore the same sizes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    The question comes up many many times on relationship sites from wives.
    Thanks for the info, Robbie. I have no idea what a "relationship site" even is!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think women are not surprised that a man of a certain size could fit their clothes. But, they are surprised that a man would want to.

I don’t think that there are any women, that are surprised that a man can fit into a dress.

Now if it is her man, well isn’t that what a lot of the threads are about, getting caught?

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    I feel that was the old image of a crossdressers , making a fool of himself trying to squeeze into clothes far too small for him .

How things change there are so many unisex clothes now it's hard to tell the difference .

I'm a size 12 and judging by my trawl round the charity shops this morning size 12 appears to be a common size as there are so many choices on the racks .

Like most I obviously did wear my wife's clothes as she is a 10/12 at one time .

My gender counsellor wasn't surprised, we compared our sizes , she concluded we were the same so she sent me some really nice items she said she was clearing out , I sent her some pictures and she replied I looked better than her in them , naturally I disputed that as she was a very attractive lady .

I'm around size 8-10 depending on the clothes.

K-

No, but YOU'LL be surprised when she figures out you've been trying her stuff on, and it won't be a pretty sight.
    Jon

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would think many women are well aware that men can fit in womens clothes.