Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to try those on?

Do you want to try those on?

I wear fem leggings under my work clothes in the colder months, the last pair I got were a pair of my wife's older ones. I needed another pair and my wife wasn't ready to give up any of hers yet. I told her I wanted the same name brand because there so comfortable. We went to an outlet store that carries only that name brand and that store is small, really small. They have a lot of selection but not much on different sizes. She couldn't find my size in black and my wife was trying to talk low and asking me if blue or brown is ok and I would answer in a low voice. We got the pair I wanted and as I was walking by the register the sales women asked me if I wanted to give her the leggings so I don't have to carry them around while my wife was doing more shopping. I said sure and I was handing her the leggings and then she asked me if I wasn't sure about the size if wanted to try them on. I was caught a bit off guard and said, pardon? She pointed to her left and said we have a change room there if I wanted to try the leggings on. I told her what gave her the impression the leggings were for me. She told me she'd owned and worked there a long time and to trust her she's seen it all and she sees me and my wife there a lot and wanted me to feel comfortable in the store. She said the only reason she asked me was because the leggings aren't cheap and there final sale and she didn't want me to go home and they didn't fit. I thanked her and for some reason it felt so good comfortable talking to her and in a joking tone I told her, I guess she didn't believe all the pantyhose we buy here are all for my wife. She had a big smirk on her face and told me not to worry about anything and just feel comfortable in the store. WOW! That was really nice of her, there was a few, very few other times when a sales women questioned or speculated. Does anyone else get this kind of friendly and they read you type sales people and talk to you about it.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 02-17-2019 at 09:03 AM.

And good on her for being sensitive, disarming, and accommodating with it!

Enough already.

DID YOU TRY THEM ON?

After all, if she's going to offer and says it's OK, go for it!

So where is this store ??

I love it when they ask if I want to start a room. That never happens on the men’s side.

I’ve been told by at least two SA’s that they absolutely know when a guy is shopping for himself. I guess if you do it long enough it’s just easy. Another reason not to try and play it off that it’s for your wife or gf.
    Crissy

I remember the first time trying on a dress at Ross clothing store , I was already perspiring from the paranoia running through my head, Thinking everyone was looking before I went in the dressing room, and to my surprise the paranoia became a reality, I guess the the SA radio to everyone that a guy was trying on a dress in the fitting room , cause when I came out of the dressing room everyone was looking, and the cashier started acting extra about it, I was definitely embarrassed but at the same time I just went through a worst case scenario , everyone knows lol it made me stronger now I care less when I shop for makeup and etc..

Maria,

So yes? Did you try them on???

If your SA knew and it seems others do as well, is that a measure of just how common it is? More than perhaps we think?

We here are of course not the only site given over to CD'ing and there will be many I'm sure who may indulge in a little fettist dressing than wouldn't think of looking here.

Whatever the actual reality is, it looks like you've found yourself a little safe haven. Make the most of it, I would!

Maria,
    What you had was a unique experience by a few of us, being asked to try something on after we have been read.

One of my earliest was in a lingerie shop looking at a long line bra.

I needed it for a wedding dress and the SA helped me find and fit the correct size and prosthesis to fit.

There have been others as well, all in all a good shopping experience.

Many dollars later I left with my treasures and a lot of presentation advice on how to look good in a wedding dress.

I returned to that lady many times and left many more dollars with her.

I have had other similar experiences all good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    It just proves SAs do care , it's not always about making the sale .

One question what would you have done if you were shopping alone would it have made any difference without your wife . I've never had a partner shop with me so I had to be more direct and honest with SAs . Nowdays none of this is a problem as I'm always dressed , I usually just head off to the changing rooms .

To answer the question did I try them on, no I didn't because I didn't know how my wife feels about me trying on fem things in a store. One thing I learned though 30 plus years of marriage is, it's not always about yourself I have to always consider her. Did I want to try them on 100% yes, women's moods are like a flip of a coin it could go either way. When we left the store my wife didn't hear the hole thing that we were talking about. She asked me if she heard correctly did that girl ask me if I wanted to try on the leggings. I told her she did, and my wife said I guess she figured us out and all she said was that was nice of her to care. But she didnt ask me why didn't I try them on, I don't push the limits she is very supportive and I don't want to give her a reason to change her mind. I will bring it up on another occasion if I do get into that situation again or want to try something on in that store next time how she feels about it.

I think you are wise, Maria. Happy wife, happy life.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Maria, You handled that situation absolutely correct. No reason to possibly mess up the very nice acceptance you currently have.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    OK. where is this store???????? I think a proprietor or employee knows men do wear women's clothing and extends proper customer service. It's not just the $$$. It's a mindset. I have encountered female sales associate who probably will never accept cross dressing men. I went into a "Catherine's" in Tukwila, Washington years ago looking for slips. Immediately entering the store I could see the two mature sales associates tense up, even though there was another man in the store with her wife. Of course, he was alright because nothing in the store would fit him. Too slightly built. Everything would swim on him. Me? Just the right size, but, in total proportion; six foot and 180 pounds (then). You'd think space aliens descended upon the store with blasters at the ready. Anyway, the store did not have the slip I was looking for; discontinued.

On the way home I stopped at the "Catherine's" in Federal Way, WA. The younger sales woman was cheerful and helpful. Did she gauge me as a cross dresser? Perhaps, but I got the impression, if she did, she really did not have a negative bias against men who like to wear women's clothing.

I have mentioned on several threads that years ago in my community there was a women's store which had a small sign at the front entrance welcoming cross dressers. It also indicated personal appointments were available for shoppers. This was back in the late 1970's when the general public was not so sympathetic to sexual minorities. There also was a resale/consignment store that did a local television story opening encouraging cross dressers to shop at her store. It would be nice if all stores posted on line a positive corporate policy concerning transgender men and women, and, instructed their employees to act accordingly or work somewhere else.

Maria, I compliment the woman who attended to you. And, also respecting any concerns your wife may have concerning trying on women's clothing in stores.

Great for you! Leggings are the only fem clothing my wife knows about. I have openly told people I have them because they are cheaper than men's baselayer and are the same thing.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Great for you! Leggings are the only fem clothing my wife knows about. I have openly told people I have them because they are cheaper than men's baselayer and are the same thing.

There are a couple of stores locally that I have shopped at. The lady SA in both these stores saw me looking at skirts and dresses and said why don’t you try them on. They were very helpful at finding me the right sizes and I now shop there frequently.

Banned Read only
    When you have built up self confidence after years of being nervous, unsure, embarrassed about trying on women's clothes you become confident when doing it. Almost all SA are respectful when you take women's clothes to the changing room. Most see nothing wrong with crossdressing. I have been complimented many times by women when I tried on women's clothes in the women's dept. It's just your choice of clothes, why should you feel embarrassed????? Why should they feel surprised or negative, it's really none of their business.

Reality Check
    If you're wearing your wife's old leggings and they fit, you already know your size. No need to try them on in the store, just buy the same size. If you get home and for some reason they don't fit, return them for a larger or smaller size.
    Krisi

I’ve had this happen a few times. Sales lady’s simply asked if I’d like to try on and directed me to the dressing rooms. Quite flattering that they’re so willing to help out.

As I've mentioned here before, I shop often at J.Jill and the SAs are gracious, friendly, and super-helpful. I was there on Sunday looking for some crop pants that I'd seen in the catalogue and the 2 SAs could not have been more helpful. (Turned out the crop pants were online only.) I ended up chatting with them about one of their former colleagues, who has gone on to get her degree in social work and left the store (and who was very helpful to me at an earlier stage of my quasi-transition), for a few minutes before I left. If you've never had this experience you cannot imagine how fulfilling, confidence-inspiring, and fun it is. (And yes, I was fully en femme.)

Silver Member
    Years ago I asked to try on a night gown at Dillards. The SA said you know you can bring it back if it doesn't fit. I told her I was leaving in the morning before they opened. She picked up the phone and said OK and took me to a dressing room. I tried it on came out in less than a minute. As I was paying along come 3 undercover police with big smiles on their faces. It was obvious they watched on closed circuit.

Panties4me
    About 6 months ago I got the nerve up to go into a lingerie shop about 80 klms from my home town. When I entered I was the only customer there and when the SA asked what was I after, I told her panties in my size. We picked out about 10 pairs and then she asked me if I would like to try them on! I asked was she kidding and she assured me she wasn't.
    Well it turned out I bought 8 pairs and two bras and have been back twice since, the last time getting a kiss and cuddle from this fantastic women. 😋

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , That was a great story, Thanks for sharing with us. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Once many years ago I was shopping for a Christmas gift for my wife. I found several items at one store, when I went to check out the s/a asked if I’d like to try them on. She asked if I was sure, I smiled and said yes I’m sure they’re not my size.

shopping openly with so.

We were both in Houston at a lane Bryant, it was my idea to go there because I wanted to take the next step and try shopping openly.the wife and I both made some selections and I was going to skip the dressing room thing but I really wanted to try on the Jean's, as they were too expensive not make the trip over again.we got a dressing room together and both tried on our purchases. The manager was checking us out in the end and that's when I did what I never done before. I asked her about other crossdressers and she made me feel really comfortable and welcome in her store. She will get my business from now on.