Thread: Question?

Unhappy Question?

As I removed my wig this morning to get ready to remove my make-up looking in the mirror I determined that my face appeared more feminine without the wig than with. Has anyone else ever made this type of observation?

Must have been a hell of a night.

Can't say that ever happened to me. In your case, maybe you need another wig?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I think it depends on your face, the wig, how you feel about them, and how that changes! I have a nice feminine wig with a gorgeous color, but it's kind of a flat style, so it only accentuates my masculine facial features rather than lessen them. My other wig (in my profile photo) works better, I think. Also, my own hair is long, though not styled in a feminine way, and there are times when I'm feeling my feminine side where a stolen glance in the mirror shows me the woman within … stubbly face or not!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nope never had that happen.
    Must have been a heck of a night.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Unlikely, maybe impossible with the rite wig, Pedal!

I'd say u need to try the rite wig for your face shape and complexion!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Don't think I've had that much to drink in the last 2 decades...LOL.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Obviously, the Demon Drink.

Get your eyes checked immediately, free at Spec Savers. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always found the wig is the coup de grâce is my transformation.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Pedalgirl, I understand your feeling. There are times when I think I look pretty decent with just make up when I am not wearing my wig also. However since I do go out close to home, the wig does give me another layer of disguise.
    Honestly, if I let my hair grow longer, styled and colored it some. I would not have a problem going sans wig if I was willing to go completely out.
    Jamie to you the wig is the coup de grace. I can be all dressed and done up, but until I put on my lipstick, I still see a man in a dress in my mirror.

Oh I know exactly what you mean there are times i look feminine with the wig and also without it so i know exactly where you're coming from XOXO

Banned Read only
    Maybe you are wearing the wrong hair style wig for your face.

Hair styles can make your face look bigger, smaller, thinner, fatter, more or less masculine or feminine.

Banned Read only
    PedalGirl,
    No way Jose !! I want to see the guy less and less and he certainly doesn't look more feminine ! If he did I'd have to do a complete rethink on my makeup and change my wig style .

Aspiring Member
    I have a nearly a 1000 photos of me in various made up guises. There is one where I think my make up is on absolute point and tend to go to it (amongst others) more often than not. I am not wearing a wig in it.

Perhaps it was just a very good make up day that you could appreciate without being distracted by a wig?

Either way, that feeling when you catch that glimpse of femininity, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I always found the wig is the coup de grâce is my transformation.
    this is as well for me,

but i have had it happen, hall mirror, it is shoulder and up, so makeup mannequin head, caused me to start a thread about it....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I have always had long hair and used to style it when dressed. With age tho, a wig is necessary for me!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

... the wig shapes my face and gives it a softer edge. I think it does depend on what style of hair suits you most...

Reality Check
    Nope, never. I've been looking at my face in the mirror for decades so it's hard to judge but I don't think it looks feminine. Certainly more people have taken me for a woman with my wig on than without.
    Krisi

Unfortunately, my face has never, nor will it ever, look feminine. Makeup and a wig do help, but the mountain is tall.