Thread: Taking A Yoga Class

Taking A Yoga Class

I'm taking a yoga class because of my stroke. I bought yoga pants to wear with a t shirt. But all the women are wearing capris and tank tops. I want to get some capris to wear and maybe a tank top. I'm still try to feel out the ladies there about it. I sometimes wear my bike shorts that are women's.

Should I just go for it and get them and see what happens?
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda,

I would just get them and go for it. They won't care what you wear and you will feel so much better about wearing the same "uniform" as the other women.

Suzi Q

I think the last group that would want to make a fashion statement out of it is your yoga group.

Get a nice top and capris and go for it, the yoga pants are okay though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Capris are becoming quite popular with male runners. I wear them for my morning bike ride all summer long. I have a few with mesh inserts that I really like. Go for it...I'd bet nobody says a word.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I agree with the others, give it a try, you’ve been to the class so there is no reason to not do it as long as you feel comfortable.
    Crissy

Of course do it. I'm not just saying that. I've been doing it for several years now. I also have my toes painted most of the time. Right now they're red and pink for Valentine's Day.

Here's the short answer that I copied from a previous post:

I've been doing yoga for about 10 years now. I still go about 2 to 3 times a week.

About 3 years ago, I started wearing femme-style yoga pants to class. I got such a positive reception, that I started wearing femme yoga tank tops and racerbacks shortly afterwards.

Now I have quite a collection of femme yoga pants. And when I say femme, I mean really femme. They're not just femme colors, but they all have designs, like floral, abstract and tribal, which I match with a solid top. I love picking out my yoga outfit for the day.

Here's the long answer:

This thread is very long. A bunch of us who do this talked a lot about it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Glenda58,

I had made the comment about how they (the other women) in the class were dress compared to what guys had to wear in the class, being mostly the same crowd every day, they offered that I could wear what they “have to wear” and see if I was just as comfortable. So I did. I wore thong panties, yoga pants, sports bra under a tank top like they usually wear and was told I look cute and they encouraged me to wear the outfit more often. There are about eleven of us in the class, and no one has ever said anything bad about my outfit.

Try it, be comfortable and you’ll see how accepted you are.

@—}——-
    Michelle