Thread: Sephora saves CJ

Sephora saves CJ

Hi, any of you who are still fearful about going shopping for women's clothes and makeup should watch this video. It's from the well-known "Raising my Rainbow" blog about a gender-fluid boy.
    https://raisingmyrainbow.com/2018/09...potlights-c-j/

That is a brilliant story

This is a beautiful story of how Sephora helped this young person, how many of you, would have loved to have had a Sephora of your own when you were young. I would have, but that did not happen. So now a few year from then (young) about 75, I have my Sephora NOW. Marshalynn

The video didn't have much useful information. Here is a link to the meat of how sephora saved CJ in case you were wondering like me (and maybe grab some tissues for your eyes):
    https://raisingmyrainbow.com/2018/04...-saved-my-son/

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Asew View Post
    The video didn't have much useful information. Here is a link to the meat of how sephora saved CJ in case you were wondering like me (and maybe grab some tissues for your eyes):
    https://raisingmyrainbow.com/2018/04...-saved-my-son/

Tracy, an interesting video from you and Asew, a bonus turning up that second video.

It completed the story for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great story. Thanks for posting the blog link.

I'm a little older than CJ but Sephora came to my rescue too. Two plus years ago I wanted to have a local makeover to learn to do a better job with my makeup, and to have the experience (I had one prior in San Francisco, and the MUA there was great). A few days before i planned my day out, I timidly walked into the store to make an appointment. The S.A., Zach, was great, and made my appointment.

Nervous, I showed up the day of my appointment. Julie was spectacular. She treated me greatly. I took notes, bought most of the products she used (not cheap, but worth it), and now have a routine I use when I go out. Increased my confidence 1000%. She chose the lipstick color I now use, and three GGs have asked for the color.

About a year later, when they started the TG classes, the store reached out to me to help spread the word.

Sephora is great. If you've been afraid to go into their stores, don't be. You'll be singing their praises too.

Sephora is great, I know in the Portland mall they have Cds working. Lol I got a lot of points I shop there so often

The cynical part of me wants to point out that marketing is driving Sephora's outreach to the TG community, but true or not, I don't care. The effect is real, and I know that the SA's are sincere, because I've experienced it firsthand. I was at the first ever Sephora "Bold Beauty" class for TG women in Houston. The effect that that outreach had on some of the ladies there was magical. You could feel it in the room, something more than just the lift we get from liking what we see in the mirror. It was the validation that went along with the service that gave the place a special glow. The staff was beaming with it.

So yeah, this story is no surprise. Thanks for sharing, Tracy. Everyone, do what you can to let Sephora know what their loving gifts to the community mean.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Thanks for this, I will watch it later for inspiration. I am sometimes wary of buying stuff en femme

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Sephora has been offering many small makeup classes to trans & crossdressers lately. Check with your local store!

Wow. This is nice to know. I’ve always wanted to do makeup but have been afraid to. Now all I need to do is build up some confidence and see what happens. Thanks for making this info available. Any idea how Sephora SA’s feel in Indiana ? Hugs. Amber

I've had makeovers at both MAC and Ulta stores in Indianapolis. No problems at all, and the MUAs seem (like everywhere else) to love doing them. I don't know how it would be in the smaller towns or more rural areas of the state, but based on my experience elsewhere in the Midwest, I certainly wouldn't be afraid to at least ask.

- Diane