Thread: The agony and the ecstasy.

The agony and the ecstasy.

Well had to go get a new set of acrylics since mine were beginning to separate and in doing so I've lost my long nails to shorter just past the finger tips (agony) but they grow fast. Dressed and made up more to match the wrinkled face(age) and less youthful shaped body had doors opened by men the broad smiles by women, the over all extra helpfulness by SA, always MA'AM and other female terms (ecstasy). While shopping at Kohl's I found a sweater dress and a skirt (ecstasy) but then had to buy a full body shaper (agony) to make a smooth look underneath(ecstasy), also could not find my fave style bra and when asking the SA found that it was no longer in their inventory(agony). On a roll, off to BJ's wholesale to purchase some food stuffs but first to renew my membership as I was awaiting to pay the young lady asked if I was adding someone else to the card and I quizzically asked what she meant, she then stated "this is Alberts card" it then dawned on me she thought I was a female(ecstasy)so I had to burst my own bubble and state that "I know I'm Albert". Then as if nothing happened, which it didn't, she went on to compliment me on my outfit, hair and new nails(ecstasy). My outing was not over yet I made a stop in at a near by thrift store and found that ankle length denim skirt that I've been searching for for ages and only 3 bucks(total ecstasy). Now I've got to wait out the storm headed my way, crummy snow/sleet/rain mess(agony)and if that's not bad enough my brakes started squealing now a total brake job is needed(total agony) and I don't think I'm up to it anymore.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Sounds like the best of times and the worst of times

Hell-o Allisa,
    By my count the agony is outnumbered by the ecstasy.
    The margin may be small, but hey, a win is a win!
    Now what are the odds that Lisa will be talking Albert into
    repairing those brakes?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I feel a movie coming on here, a great story line for.....

The Agony And The Ecstasy 2. :-)
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 02-19-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ah yes! Life!

What a wonderful post Allisa , I love following your travels have a great day. Connie

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Allisa,
    Now what are the odds that Lisa will be talking Albert into
    repairing those brakes?
    Kristyn beat me to it! You can save yourself a lot of money having Albert replace those brakes, usually new pads and rotors and sometimes you can even save more money and just get your present rotors turned if that's possible. Yeah, I used to do most of my own car repairs but due to a lower back problem, I can't do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara A View Post
    Ah yes! Life!
    Lara sums up exactly what I was thinking. Not to diminish true agony, but agony and ecstasy in this way is a pretty awesome way of living!

Allisa...sounds like you have had a rough day but i'm sure that everything will be just fine. Stay warm and safe inside while this wet, wintry mix passes thru the area and as others have said, maybe Albert will take the car in to get it fixed

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I still prefer the agony and ecstasy of being Teresa , lets face it drab mode is nearly all agony to many of us .

I had to smile at some of your choices , at least I don't have the same problem with my name as it's derived from my male one . I've still been caught out twice very publicly , once at my blood donation session when I was called by my full male name in the waiting area , I was the only one wearing a skirt so it did raise a few eyebrows . The second time was being called in the same way when witing for my flu jab in a full waiting room , I've changed both situations by asking for the shortened version of my name to be used .

I'm enjoying the changeable weather at the moment as some days I can now slip into a skirt again .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-21-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Teresa I find that the ups and downs of every day life while expressing female is far more enjoyable than it did as expressing male all those many years and I quite enjoy when someone questions what they are looking at but than the image in front of them contradicts their own eyes and I'm not bothered to own who I am and how I'm dressed, it is me after all.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.