Thread: Underdressing or going en femme??

Underdressing or going en femme??

So I was wondering today as I am new to crossdressing. Which would be best and which lingerie/clothes to use. Any opinions would be appreciated

I’m afraid you’ll have to be more specific than that. “Best” in what way? For what purpose? What’s best for you and your situation isn’t going to be best for someone else.

Right how many people underdress and what do you underdress in??

If you go en femme is it the full works and which places to you go to??

Like Micki says, read up a bit more on the subject and then you will be able to properly express yourself and describe what you require, going out, bedroom attire, or practical things to wear under your male clothing while you are out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There are lots of girls here who underdress. The simple answer as to what they wear would be underwear. From there it’s just a matter of personal preference. Some people only do panties, some people do full Teddy’s and garters and stockings and the whole 9 yards.

I am not personally a huge “underdresser” and tend to prefer full presentation. Again, the “Full works” is going to vary by individual, from simply outer clothing to full makeup, wig, forms, pads, etc.

Different people do different things dressed. Some girls never leave the house. Some girls only ever go to special events, and some will dress anywhere and everywhere. I’m a borderline drag queen myself so I prefer putting together LEWKS (looks for the uninitiated) so mostly I dress to go out to clubs and events, but I’m certainly not above a casual day of shopping or whatnot.

Hi Sophy,

I can only answer with more questions. Do you want to present as female in public or would you be satisfied just dressing at home? Is under dressing enough or do you want to see a woman looking back at you in the mirror?

And please keep in mind that what you need today could change tomorrow (and there's nothing wrong with that! ).

Over time you will figure out what works for you. In the meantime welcome and enjoy!

Elizabeth

As you mentioned, It's more a personal taste than anything else. Normally I underdress with my panties, and going full girly for special moments like parties or special events.

It comes down to what you want out of your crossdressing.
    Angie

Daily I wear panties. When I wear a sweater, I'll wear a camisole. When really cold pantyhose under pants.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Whatever makes you happy and puts a smile on your face.

Sophy,

Welcome. Many here underdress on a daily basis to a greater or lesser extent. It can range from the wearing of just knickers through to wearing hose, a bra, camisole, leggings, all manner of choices. It largely depends upon what you're comfortable with. Also what your domestic situation allows and by that I mean are you in a relationship or sharing where you live with family or house mates.

Enfemme takes it to another level. For me that implies full on dressing. Presenting as a female. That then revolves around just how comfortable you are in being out in public or dressing for your own pleasure within the confines of the house.

So, where are you now? What's your starting point? let us know those sorts of details are those here can offer much more detailed and sage advice.

It may seem that these replies are somewhat negative but you're asking a huge question. Just remember we all started small to get wherever we now are.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Your the only one that will know what is best for you.

The two are really very different.

Both require leaving the safety of the closet.

Underdressing is about having that feeling as you go about your day, with no one knowing.

Going out is showing the world who you are, so to speak. It can be very close to underdressing if you limit your exposure to the public.

There isn't one way. Ask questions and read.

If you are looking for advice a few facts will help them.

region or country

And maybe a bit of you wants, what makes you happy

Gold Member
    I under dress every day; Bra and Panties. Around the house, a skirt and fem top.
    When I have to go out, I wear my Fem Jeans and a DAB polo top.
    Rader

Underdressing, as said by others,is a very personal thing. I, for example, spend the whole day in garter belt, nylons, panties, slip and at home I wear a skirt, which I exchange for trousers when going out but the underwear stays on unless I know I will have to undress. I am a MIAD and as such I do not go out in skirts. Others may have different variations.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sophie, I've been dressing for over 20 years. So, underdressing for me is like an old cowgirl riding a merry go round!

There's a lot of other girls like me here. But, I'll bet some girls have underdressing suggestions?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There's no one right way to do it. As long as it's hurting no one (including yourself) there's no wrong way to do it either. So enjoy the journey and find out what is right for you.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Quote Originally Posted by Sophy95 View Post
    Right how many people underdress and what do you underdress in??

If you go en femme is it the full works and which places to you go to??
    Bra and panties is customary.

What clothes work best for you depends on your build, your weight and your personal taste. You’ll have to get yourself measured and try on a lot of clothes to see what you like and what works for you.

I only go out fully dressed and wearing a wig. My makeup skills are still marginal, but having had my foundation color matched to my skin tone sure took a lot of the guesswork out of it.

I go to as many places as I can and sometimes plan outings well in advance. I’ve been to museums, restaurants, public events, pub trivias, played bingo and even do DJ work dressed up. Luckily, I live in a pretty tolerant area, so my risk is minimal.
    Last edited by Patience; 02-21-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Forgot the second part of the question.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Sophy95,
    Jump right in, like jumping in a swimming pool, not just sticking your toe in, IOW's.
    Start wearing undies or underdressing full time.
    Wear outer clothes when you can go unnoticed. As you get better you can wear more in public.
    Do It.

Like others have said, your dressing is specific to you and your needs, so you need to do what is best for those needs. For me, my favorite part of dressing is skirts. Since my wife was ok with it, I started wearing skirts around the house more and more. I realized I liked this and didn't need a full femme outfit or appearance to feel right, so I figured out I am non-binary. Others don't like a partial look for themselves, so they go either full male or full femme and that works best for them. Eventually I started going to work like this and a local monthly group of other CDers (though I go more full femme for these). This is what works for my needs while keeping within limits my wife is ok with (your dressing can be affected by those around you, in particular significant others and close family).

Banned Read only
    Welcome. I see from your bio you're a youngster. I tried underdressing and found it does nothing for me. When I did go out underdressed it was in the fall when I wore a light jacket or sweatshirt. I wore an unpadded bra, camisole, panty and hosiery under my shirt and jeans. Sometimes the hosiery was pantyhose. Sometimes it was stockings and a garterbelt.

I am assuming "going en femme" means presenting outwardly as a woman. Just read the various postings/threads by the girls/women who do go out fully en femme. It ranges from women's jeans/pants and tops to evening gowns/full makeup and wig. It's your choice and within your comfort zone.

Silver Member
    Very hard to tell you without knowing where, when and what you wanted to be seen as.

I've only worn women's clothes for quite a while. I wear what the women my age in our area wear. Jeans/slacks/shorts and tops. I underdress with bra and panties. But, I have a somewhat fem build and am smaller than many women.

Only you can decide who you want to be and if it will impact your life.