Thread: Top trumps

Top trumps

While at my youngest daughter's yesterday my SO remarked that the eldest daughter had been out shopping and bought 8 new bras. "What! Eight! I don't think I own 8 bras" said the younger. "Nor me" replied my SO.

Quick mental count on my behalf gets me to the point of thinking, "Well of the three here, I get top trumps". Stopped counting at 10.

That said I know I come a very poor second to number 1 daughter. She has a drawer rammed full but what she does with that many???
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Well, I was going to bid two hearts and hope to win the rubber. (sorry, been ages since I've played a good game of bridge!).

Anyway, you've got me beat, and *think* I'll eventually top out at about eight bras or so, but my theory on clothes is 'ne more is enough'. Helen, you have almost enough bras. You only need one more. X=the number of bras you currently own, thus, x+1='enough' bras.

Oh, it's too early. I need more coffee!

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    At least you didn't voice your thoughts aloud .

It sounds like your daughter got a pay rise , eight decent bras wouldn't come cheap . You never know she may have found your stash and didn't want to be out done !

I must admit if Charnos and others hadn't reduced their lovely range of matching underwear I would have far more ! It really was a joy to go into the lingerie dept and see the new colours and styles . I still have a few sets where the panties , suspender belt , bra , slip and cami all match , it was shame sometimes to cover it all up with a top layer . I have to admit it still feels that little bit special when it's all worn together with some nice sheer stockings .

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    what she does with that many???
    Different bras for different outfits. Same as with shoes. You see this more with much younger women who wear a larger range of styles. Not to mention, of course, that they want to be wearing something cute when they DO take their clothes off. Doesn't apply to all women, of course.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That sounds like very few bras for those GGs in your life. My wife easily has 15 bras, she has a bin for them and always hard to get the last few in. I have like 6 bras, but I only bought 1 and the others are hand me downs from the wife that I don't tend to wear but hard to get rid of something I got for free.

Well bra collecting is only second to Stamp collecting, isn't it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    My wife probably has fifteen or more bras. I have a bunch that I don't wear anymore because I found ones I like better so of those I wear I have six. Two each in black, nude and white. My boobs don't sweat like my wife's do.
    Krisi

My reason for having 10 or more is simply down to my liking to colour match a bra to whatever's over the top of it. Of course there's the go to standards so it's 2 black, 4 white/ivory, 2 reds, one of blue, green and purple. I must admit to usually colour matching knickers to bra as well but I'm not one for drawers and drawers full of underwear.

Platinum Member
    Hi Hellen , If I hooked all of my bras together they would probably reach all the way around the block.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

One of the style trends is to have the bra be a visible part of the outfit. Which is to be expected as less skin gets covered by tops.
    If you can't hide it, flaunt it!

When I was 16 my mother found my bra stash, I had about thirty.
    She said it was a “phase” some boys go through!
    I was so glad she didn't try to make me get rid of them.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    She has a drawer rammed full but what she does with that many???
    Perhaps some moonlight as hats!
    (Like the movie Weird Science)
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-21-2019 at 07:57 PM.

I couldn't get along with 10 bras. I must have about 30.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Well I have over 200 and counting. I like lingerie and buy pretty things I like. I have the extra money that I can afford them. My neighbor told me she only has 6. Not my problem. She said I had more bras and panties than all the women on our street combined. Many years ago on my birthday one neighbor gave me a very nice expensive bra to thank me for free advice I had given them instead of charging them.

I always wondered why most GG don’t have many bras, I have about 28 regular and about the same amount of sports bras.
    I guess most seem to only wear 3-4 of them and the rest sit around. I do the same, I have my favorite everyday bras I wear and the rest are bright colors which work with some tops.

Pretty in Pink

I own about twenty bras. Five every day bras and the rest sexy ones for bedroom fun.

I just did an inventory and shocked myself to discover that I have 50 bras, I did have a lot more but the others were sports bras and my breast forms kept riding to the middle so I decided to give them to charity.
    Sophie Mosley

All I can say is that you all must keep a "breast" of fashion!! LoL
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    I have no idea how many bras I have. I love to have matching bra and panties, so I tend to buy quite a few. I don't go for the visible bra strap look, but there are some necklines that make accidental showing of the bra strap quite common, so I tend to choose a bra that is a similar colour to my top or dress. To me, it just seems a bit more classy when you coordinate your underwear to your outerwear.

Holly,

I'm with you on matching. Even though no-one is normally going to see them I guess for me it's all part and parcel of putting together an outfit.

I usually have 2 to 3 bras in rotation: one nude, one black, and one strapless.

Now that my SO and I spend time being girly together, I feel like I *need* more, and I MUST have matching panties. I adore the feeling of matching bra and panties. It's like, even though no one will see them, *I* know they're there and they make me feel pretty & empowered. (I'm not sure, but I feel like it's my version of underdressing. &#128521 I haven't indulged in that kind of shopping in a long time...certainly not since having children, but I find that I'm enjoying the feeling of wanting to shop/dress to feel pretty.

Anyway, all this to say, I see my bra collection growing considerably in the near future.

Emi, that's great! Hope you and your SO aren't in competition with each other! You and she hopefully are enjoying girly time regardless of who's panties match or not

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    Emi, that's great! Hope you and your SO aren't in competition with each other! You and she hopefully are enjoying girly time regardless of who's panties match or not
    It doesn’t feel like competition...although sometimes I do feel envious of her fabulous heels. ;-)