Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning the house and the female side

I have a gf on here that loves those ideas....I wonder if she will opine...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Cleaning and doing routine household chores is a part of life whether you're male or female. I'm always dressed when I'm home so I'm always cleaning while dressed. The same goes for yard work.

Here's a thought.

When I'm not dressed, I feel less worried about how I look and don't care if I look a little 'sloppy'.
    When dressed, I try to look my best.
    I don't think I'm alone in this - right?

-so-

Maybe that caring about looks - spills over into how you'd like the world around you to look.
    Perhaps you're more willing to take the effort to to make your home look better too.
    Does your She self cares about things your He self doesn't? (does that sentence make sense?)

It doesn't HAVE to be about a female gender stereotype issue.
    It could be as simple as feeling good (and maybe abandoning the "men don't do housework" one.)

Being brought up in an environment where both real life and fiction portrayed domestic work as stereotypical of what women do, it's no surprise that we connect the two. Then add in dressing up as female, and it's a perfect storm of feeling as if we're female. It quenches the thirst caused by the GID.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation If only:

I could change my clothes, (you'll notice that word has an E in it), and WANT to do house work!

Or, change my sexual orientation!

I read posts like this and am astounded!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I too like to do chores when dressed, but I find there are things that make it more difficult. Vacuuming in heels just doesn't work for me, and when I'm wearing my stick-on nails I can't put my hands in water. Today I put together a small Ikea storage unit and had to be careful with the fingernails. My most interesting experience a couple years ago was when I was checking the timing on my old car with a timing light and when I bent over the engine to see the timing mark one of my silicone breast forms tumbled out of my bra. Fortunately the t-shirt caught it or it would have fallen into the fan. I suppose I could have come with a new phrase, "when the form hits the fan".

Dressed or not, today I am feeling UNmotivated to get to the housework! Need a lazy day, but the dishes do pile up!

Later now than before:
    I'm experiencing a little GD to get me motivated. No, not Gender Dysphoria, some Grateful Dead! Been a long time, and right now what a long strange trip it's been.
    Last edited by Macey; 02-23-2019 at 08:38 AM.

it seems like the only time I get to dress is when the house needs to be cleaned. so both my wife and I are happy!!!

Since I am in female mode 24/7 it's just a way of life for me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Household chores are something that has to get done so I do them.
    I even did them thru 2 marriages because the SO wouldn't do them(felt they were too good and always had Mom clean up after them).
    I don't like a messy cluttered house so I was the one that did the cleaning,cooking,laundry etc.
    When I would ask if they could help all I got was why you are going to do it anyway why should I?

I'm a little confused/appalled. I've always done the majority of housework. At my parents home from boyhood I kept my things straight. Practice wise was a lazy cow so... And proper, current wife is disabled.
    But even were none of the above true I'd still not countenance the thought that housekeeping was a women's domain.
    SaraLin, I liked your point but for me my increased dressing and interest in my appearance has led to me upping my game in my male attire, rather than the housekeeping.
    Where I live it's loungewear central so I stick out as much in my 3-piece suits as I would in a frock. Those the sis only draw a glance, not cause me to get my head kicked in. (I live in what's best and most charitably described as a pharmaceutically-challenged neck of the woods).

Living alone there is no choice so a comfy top and skirt with the compulsory apron (thanks Mom) and the chores seem to get done with a bit more flair. I do get the wet rooms done by a pro once a month to help the latin economies.

My wife actually uses that as a motivator.

I do the housework anyway, but wearing something nice whilst doing it does make it slightly less tedious.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I like to cook... and do domestics... and it feels right I do them while dressed in a feminine manner.... stereotype? I guess a little but if it fullfils me... so what?

Aspiring Member
    When I was single, I used to clean the house myself and do it as a male, and quite enjoyed doing it.
    I would occasionally do it dressed, but it never really had any bearing on my enjoyment or enthusiasm in doing the task.
    I always had a sense of satisfaction having made the house clean and fresh. Since I got married, my wife is almost obsessive about cleaning, so she does all of that. The odd thing is that it seems to take her a lot longer, she complains about how many hours it took her to clean the house, and yet it never seems as clean as when I used to do it.
    I suspect that because I was a single homeowner for a lot of years, I've always done the cleaning and cooking, so I've never fallen into that archaic stereotype that they are "womens tasks".

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Yes, this thread is dangerously close to a stereotype. The only way to make it more so would be to wear a frilly French maid's outfit complete with heels.

I can't say that I have a "feminine side". I'll get dressed up as a woman but it doesn't change who I am. It doesn't change my likes and dislikes, my choice in music or my political beliefs. And it doesn't make me want to jump up and clean the house.

Someone posted about not getting the pretty clothes dirty. That's very true. If my wife is going to clean the house, she puts on old clothes first. That's what I do as well, male or female. And the only possible reason to wear heels while cleaning the house is to be able to clean the top of the bathroom mirror.
    "Dangerously close". ROFL - this tread is so stereotypical and misogynistic, the only thing left out was being barefoot and a pillow stuffed under the dress to mimic pregnancy.
    But on the other hand if that's what it takes for some people to get the chores done around that house, then so be it.
    It does make we wonder though, does that mean some people have to wear a three piece suit or a tuxedo to change the oil on the car, clean the garage or mow the lawn ?

All in good jest.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I'm always dressed while doing my house work feels normal for me