Thread: Wife’s bras

Wife’s bras

So she knows I dress but wants nothing to do with it what so ever. This past week or two many of her same age bras have literally failed in one way or another be it broken wires or hooks. While we don’t ever discuss my hobby, out of guilt of havin better nicer bras than her I asked if she wanted to borrow any of mine. After some gruff she said sure as we wear similar sizes. I got my collection out, assembled over many years, and she said wow now I don’t even need Macy’s it’s all right here. Then she said hey, your bras are all nicer than anything I’ve ever bought myself.

Do I feel guilty or proud? I say proud!

I would be proud if my wife wanted to wear one of my bras. She wears bras for function and comfort. Many years ago, I helped her find her correct size so she has no need to raid my drawer.

Banned Read only
    That is actually very common. Most of my lingerie is way nicer than my wife's and she knows it.

The main reason is she, like most GG's just are not "into it" like we are. GG's buy bras for their primarily function. When you have to wear one all day every day comfort and support are what you care about.

Bras do wear out when you wear them every day unlike ours that spend the majority of their lives in a drawer and look nice forever.

Bra shopping is a chore for GG's my wife has even said that some of the best bras she had owned were the ones I picked out for her because she never wants to take the time in the store.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Aspiring Member
    My SO isn't interested in seeing me dressesd but is happy to wash underwear etc. I put some bras, slip and camisole out for washing last week and she said "You have more bras than me." And its true, However, they were only the white ones, and the black ones will go for washing in a week or two.
    Vikky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindseynrva View Post
    ……………... Then she said hey, your bras are all nicer than anything I’ve ever bought myself.

Do I feel guilty or proud? I say proud!

I would say "guilty". Then I would take her out shopping and buy her some nice bras.
    Krisi

We want to feel beautiful, so we adorn ourselves with beautiful underwear. One of the most common things I hear from women when discussing pretty, sexy underwear is, 'It's just going to come right off anyway so what's the point?'. It seems a whole lot of women think pretty underwear is a waste of money, especially once they've 'landed' a husband. And, of course, a lot of the sexy stuff is just uncomfortable for them to wear. We ignore that, because we need the psychological comfort of wearing female specific things and are willing to put up with the physical DIScomfort to get it, not to mention that that discomfort is also a positive thing for us as it's a constant reminder that we're in female clothing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    That about sums it up. My wife chooses underwear for fit and function, nothing else.
    Krisi

Not to be rude, but if your wife’s bras are in that bad of shape, maybe you’d be best served buying her new ones instead of just letting her borrow yours?

Just a thought, and pretty sure she’d appreciate it too.

If your wife chooses to wear your bras it may soften the opposition she has, like Micki has said, (and I think this is very thoughtful) assist her in buying some new bras of her own.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

She’s headed shopping this weekend. Seems every day it’s been something going wrong on them for her! She buys a bag full at the same time so over time they all wear out a the same time. Us @42D and DD GURLS GOTTA HELP EACH OTHER Out sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Not to be rude, but if your wife’s bras are in that bad of shape, maybe you’d be best served buying her new ones instead of just letting her borrow yours?

She literally had an issue with one of her last ones while dressing this morning, it was very distressing so I offered to help out.
    Last edited by Lindseynrva; 02-21-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post

I agree, I would be feel very guilty if I thought I was spending so much on my dressing when my wife was in need of new bras or indeed anything essential.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Gold Member
    My Wife said that she was a very lucky to have a Hubby new woman's clothes. She would always have me pick out her Bra's,
    and Hose. She said I had good taste, and could pick out what was comfortable to wear. When we would go out some place;
    She would have me unhook her bra on return. Then she would ask me, where is your Bra, I will hook you up.
    I miss her very much.
    rader

I think that it is great that you were able to talk about it. I agree with you that you should feel proud. I am not being disrespectful to your wife, but she is an adult and has her style of bras that she likes for different occasions and a system for buying, washing, maintaining and wearing them. It appears that many of her bras are failing at the same time, which is probably rare regardless of how old they are and whether they were bought at the same time or not. It is also rare that a husband or boyfriend ever gets involved with much of that, especially the buying. +
    Yes, suggest that she go out and splurge a little or a lot on new ones. Let her take the lead from there on any further conversation about bras.

Silver Member
    Interesting opportunity missed, maybe, Lindsey. If your bra collection was large enough, you should have given her as many as she wanted. Maybe then she might have become a little more interested and supportive of you CDing.

My thank God has some nice bras . And when she needs new ones she can't use my bras they won't fit her. I'm a bit smaller.
    Angie

Im not anywhere near the same size as Sam (hes way more flat and doesnt wear forms).. but as a gg ... I buy comfy seamless lightly padded bras or sports bras rather than the extreme push up bras that Sam has.... you should be proud of your collection though maybe you can go bra shopping together?? :

Lindsey, Interesting that your wife who wants nothing to do with your “hobby” is now borrowing your bras. I think you may have made some very good strides recently. Good luck for continued success.
    Crissy

Silver Member
    My wife has quite a few. She was stunned when she saw all of mine. She knew I had quite a few since I wear them most days. One of our friends gave me some after she lost a bunch of weight (including a husband). long story.

Trumps 1st wife said she buys the same bra and replaces all 6 of them every 6 months. She only wears beige bras which is like my wife.

A few points of clarity. First off my wife and I don’t share my hobby because she’s just not interested really. There is no hostility or friction she just prefers I enjoy my hobby without her having to participate actively. Do I have a little lingerie on at times under my regular clothes, sure but I also out of respect and courtesy don’t flaunt it openly.

On her issues of present which prompted This thread. She like many women buys 3 or 4 of the same bra in a few different colors about every 2 years. And about the same time, within the past 6 weeks I’d say, she has commented about her bra broke today a underwire seems to be the usual thing here. When she got ready for work yesterday she was hooking up her bra and a hook gave way and she said “this one pokes me too so to the trash it goes now I have to get my emergency spare out” which was not making her happy. I smiled and said to her I think I can help if you like.

With that I got my rather large bag out of our closet and laid out a few option for her. Again no friction she was most appreciative and just laughed and said how ironic it was that after all these years my hobby was helping her out today.

We left it at that, she said she was going shopping this weekend and that she’d wash and return my bra. We have been together 18 years and there’s no ripples in the water either way here but I’ll say it was kinda hot seeing her in my bra yesterday and today as we got ready for work.

My wife and I recently went a formal event where she needed to dress up, which she does not do often. While packing she looked at me and asked, do you have a slip I could wear. Of course I did. Know I'm short one slip.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Would it be fair to say that most of our bras are more feminine (more lace and detailing) while theirs are more utilitarian? I think for most GGs bras are regarded as tools rather than expressions of femininity. The exception of course would be the Victoria's Secret type that they might wear when going out dressed up. Over the past few years I admit to gravitating towards comfort. No scratchy lace, thin straps, etc. My favorites are hybrids that have soft linings and wider straps but have a touch of pretty lace or fabric. Those seem to be the ones my SO covets.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lindsey , Been there and done that too with some of my fancy pretty bras. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by ReychelleC View Post
    Would it be fair to say that most of our bras are more feminine (more lace and detailing) while theirs are more utilitarian? I think for most GGs bras are regarded as tools rather than expressions of femininity. The exception of course would be the Victoria's Secret type that they might wear when going out dressed up. Over the past few years I admit to gravitating towards comfort. No scratchy lace, thin straps, etc. My favorites are hybrids that have soft linings and wider straps but have a touch of pretty lace or fabric. Those seem to be the ones my SO covets.
    No lacy frilly anything here. Quality, high end yes and above all comfortable...Wacoal, Bali stuff like that. All that frilly sexy crap is for kids. Dress for 35-40 years and you long gotten that stuff out of your system. And before anyone says it yes I have one or two sexy bras but I can’t wait to get out of them when I do wear them.
    Last edited by Lindseynrva; 02-22-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Banned Read only
    She wouldn't let you wear hers, tell her to go buy her own. Just being fair !

I hear ya! I was being the bigger woman!!