Hey, ladies.

As I have mentioned before, I am pretty open about my gender nonconformity at work. I’m usually wearing nail polish and sometimes I underdress wearing my breast forms, as well as wearing my clip on earrings and occasionally even lipstick.

I never felt I was being given a hard time for presenting myself in such a way, but the other day a coworker told me that an outside contractor (one of many we work with, as they are integral to our business) was in the habit of asking him where the “guy with the nails” was, saying it in an effeminate, jocular tone. Apparently, this happened enough times to the point that my coworker mentioned it to a supervisor, who in turn had a stern word with the miscreant, with a warning to stop behaving that way. I learned all this after the fact and never learned the identity of the person, but it’s clearly someone I know.

It feels good to know one works in an environment so accommodating. Just thought I’d mention it, as I only learned about it a couple days ago.

Does anyone else have similar experiences?