Thread: Acceptance

Silver Member

Acceptance

My wife has know about my dressing before we were married many years ago.

I no longer wear male clothing unless it really needs to be. Truth is I only have a very few male things. All else is women's. I openly wear dresses and skirts around the house as well as women's slacks. No one in our town wears dresses except for special occasions which is one of the few times I'm in male mode.

Today she was looking at a picture with jeans on it and I saw a jeans skirt which I thought was pretty. Said I like that skirt. She said yes we should go there.

I've been fortunate that I've received acceptance over the years. Many of the women and I assume men in our subdivision know that I wear women's clothes. I don't really get any flack about it. I'm the person that helps people when they need help. I think that goes a long way for many.

That is a big step in the right direction.

Your wife knowing before you were married.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Your situation is envyed by many of us here I am sure. Once retired I will be seeking out a very similar situation. I've been blessed with my wife so a huge piece of it is already reality. We don't have roots like yours but the peace you convey is the goal for us as well. Thank you for your post...it makes possibilities more realistic.

Congratulations! That is really great for everybody, you, your wife and those that you know locally. I think that one reason it really works for you is your honest and open attitude to being you, which includes wearing women's clothing when you want to, plus your special wife who also accepts, not just tolerates the real you. So many SO's tolerate our proclivities but do not support it and thus the ugly friction that always is there somewhere in the back of their minds. It appears that both of you have very uncluttered "back of your minds".