Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time in public

First time in public

Ok after many years of crossdressing at home or after 3 years at a support group while crossdressed or even just going to the mailbox. Last night I did something that I thought I would never be able to do. I just went for the first time other than a support group in public padded fat and dressed as Amanda went to the grocery store and it is ok! Only stayed 5 min got what I needed and left but I was Amanda it feels good to have done that. Just wanted to share this with y'all ladies.
    Amanda

Fantastic! Any interaction at the check out?

Nice! It gets easier every time! What were you wearing?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I purposely went through the regular check out line so I forced myself to talk to the cashier. No issues. I was wearing a flora print dress padded up morbidly obese. Amanda is obese and uses a cane. No issues. Felt so normal to do this.
    Amanda

Amanda,

You were just being yourself and that's what folks respond to in a positive way and as Patience says, it gets easier each time. Feels good thought doesn't it!! Congratulations.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Congrats! You are out now Amanda and you can't take it back! Only more adventures to come! Enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Glad it was a good first outing

Guess I am a bit too chicken to go out shopping en femme. I have been out for drives, long distance and in my area. I like the comfort and security of being in a vehicle.

Gold Member
    I am very happy for you. That is some thing I wish I could do myself.
    I have taken short drives, but only to a drive through, and late at night.
    Rader

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Amanda, do u mean u r fat or put on padding to appear fat?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Congratulations on taking that first step out, and as everyone says it gets easier every time.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    At least you got out and did what you had planned on (shopping).

Go for it Amanda. you have taken a step farther.
    I won't even go to the mobile home community mailboxes as Leslie Mary.
    Shucks, I even removed my nail polish (60 seconds, 619 Pulsating, a metallic purple, by Rimmel, with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat over the purple,) that I have worn for the last 3 days, just so I could return a book to the library and they even have a drive up book return drop.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Ok after many years of crossd ressing at home or after 3 years at a support group while cross dressed or even just going to the mailbox. Last night I did something that I thought I would never be able to do. I just went for the first time other than a support group in public padded fat and dressed as Amanda went to the grocery store and it is ok! Only stayed 5 min got what I needed and left but I was Amanda it feels good to have done that. Just wanted to share this with y'all ladies.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Good for you, Amanda. I am pretty sure that this is just the start of something. Good luck.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

That's a new one, you use a fat suit as part of your schtick? Most of us are trying to be thinner than we really are.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Put on padding to appear fat. Otherwise Amanda is just a guy in a dress. Amanda is a Southern obese grandmother type

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Lot of pillows and a belly padder. I really feel less desphora when I get fat. Not trying to offend anyone just trying to find myself where I feel comfortable.
    Amanda

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Big Momma's in the house. 😉🤣

Good for you Amanda! It takes much courage to take that first plunge into the unknown! Pretty soon you'll be all over the place with Amanda Most of the time it is fine going out, and in my experience the vast majority of people simply don't see anything beyond the end of their nose, or the cell phone screen! I just went for a 3 hour walk thru the streets of Paris, weaving thru a heavily tourist-infested Trocadero and the Eiffel Tower, and few even batted an eyelid. I must add I am 6'3" in heels, and not a small lady! Most guys looked at my breasts or legs, and the very few that made me just smiled, at least that I could see... Have fun out there

Amanda, good for you. It only gets easier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Amanda,
    The first time is always confronting, it is so easy when you revisit the store next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    We all have our own thing and our own schedule to get out in public. Good for you.
    Krisi

Congratulations, and thanks for the share

Good for you Amanda!
    Can't wait until I can post a thread like this.

That's wonderful, Amanda. Congratulations.

Anne

Welcome to the outsiders. It is a real rush, scary at first, but it gets easier every time.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/