Thread: Roller coasters

Roller coasters

As I often think about the journeys that others take as I walk my own path. I can't help thinking about the current turn of events that have come my way over the past Month.

Recently I had an incident involving a long time friend that I thought was at least accepting of me. I learned other wise in an incident where I was told to "Eat cyanide for Dinner."

Yes, that was a serious blow to my self esteem and it hurt considering how long we have known each other. But, I'm over it now that I know their true feelings and have taken steps to solve the issue. No more of this person in my life. That's pretty easy to do with over a thousand miles of Geography between us.

With that low, I recently get hit with an incredible high.

I went into a local LGBT Care Center associated with one of the local Health Care Systems. While there, I am able to locate a new Endo, find a new Primary, and wait for a call from the office of a Surgeon.

Next week Tuesday, I have my first Appointments with my new Endo and Primary.

Exactly a week after that, I have a visit with a Dr. Whitehead to discuss Confirmation Surgery. As I understand it, he is new to this LGBT Care Center and they are excited to have him aboard.

So, in about a week and a half; I will find out what else he requires for me to have and I can start making arrangements to obtain what I may be missing.

On top of all that, I have a lot going on outside the Medical side of things.

Not only am I working with a Lawyer for a couple of issues. I'm looking at getting a Sci Fi writing project that I have been very excited to be writing published by the end of this year or sometime next. I have my fingers crossed with this project.

As I think back, I have to laugh. As I began to learn and listen to others here on the Forums, I remember this journey being compared to a roller coaster. I now realize just how true that actually is.

I have my hands up in the air with the wind whipping past me with a smile on my face.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Untitled
    Yep this is a cruel journey at times, but it is also exiting and it gets more and more so as we see the end in sight.

Deal with each incident, whether high or low, as it comes and make decisions that are right for you
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Yep this is a cruel journey at times, but it is also exiting and it gets more and more so as we see the end in sight.
    I too see my journey as a roller coaster of experiences and emotions, also exciting. Nigella, but I do wonder what you mean by the end in sight? After HRT, FFS, and GRS, and a rather successful transition, I feel that I am still on the roller coaster.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorit View Post
    ... Nigella, but I do wonder what you mean by the end in sight?
    For me the end was when I had achieved all I needed to dispel any feelings of dysphoria. There is a more I could do, but I am content with where I am. I hope that will explain
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Dorit,
    I do see what you mean about life in general being a bit of a roller coaster. That's life in general and I will live that to the fullest as I see fit for me. Sure, I've had more set backs than I would like. But, my journey of Transition is but a single foot note in my story.
    I will keep pushing myself to live more and more every day.

Nigella,
    Thank you. I have always approached my Transition with that perspective. Just deal with each bump or boon as they happen. It has served me well to keep my expectations VERY realistic. After all, All I want is to feel like a person; something that has eluded me for a good portion of my life.
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Wishing you the best Emma!
    It sounds like a new roller coaster ride has started with the new batch doctors!

Also, we are hoping to see a new user name if your book is successful, Emmy Emma!

Break a keyboard!
    Dana

Thank you Dana!

I have been sharing in various places samples of my work across the internet to garner some interest in my work. I'm thinking about posting some stuff in the appropriate place her on the forums and share some of it with y'all. What I'm sharing are some raw short stories set on the Universe I have created, featuring some of the characters of my book in progress.

So, for anyone interested; just keep your eyes open in Writer's Society.
    Has nothing to fear

Rock meet Hard Place.

Banned Read only
    Emma,
    Roller coasters are part of the way of life for many of us in this community , personally I don't want to go into the depths of them anymore . Very interesting comment by your ex-friend I've never heard that one before , after my wife's counsellor told her our separation is like a bereavement she started telling people I was dead . I had to put a stop to that as it was very thoughtless especially if my grandsons overheard the comment .

It's good to read your transition plans are working out , it sounds like you have some very supportive people on board , I really hope it goes well for you .