Thread: very bad and strange morning

very bad and strange morning

This morning I am coming home at 5:00 am on a two lane road with guard rails on both sides of the road, a car had wrecked into the guard rails (car totaled) and ended up side ways across the road with no lights on at all, here I come at 50 miles per hour, not enough time to stop when I saw the car, not enough room to go between car and guard rail, got as close to guard rail as I could with out hitting it. Bam!!! drives side, about a 1 inch deep line about 4 inches wide, from front fender to rear wheel opening (both doors and jams). Called 911 and got all the police and emergency people there. Now the strange part, I had a pink cami and bra on with my natural breast, a sweater and below my shoulder natural hair, polished natural nails and rings, bracelets and a neckless. No makeup at all. Ever one there was calling me "mam", firemen, wrecker drivers and police. I gave my drivers license to the police and he brought it back and said they would need to get it again in a little while "mam". Big "male" id on drivers license , so after a while a different police officer comes over and asks for my license "mam", I told him I was transgendered and was male, wanted the wright info on police report, he said ok and still called me "mam". I was talking in my regular voice, so may be I look better that I think I do. Sad about my car, but happy about all the "mam's". Marshalynn

Apart from them treating you so respectfully, thank the gods you're okay! So sorry about the car!

Banned Read only
    To me it seems that police department has had good training in professional interactions. Glad you're alright.

Platinum Member
    I’m glad you avoided injury....what about the other driver?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't read personal beliefs into it. These people were all government employees, or employees of something. So they're doing as they were told. While some might be enlightened, we can't just assume that they believe in their heart of hearts that they're doing the right thing. As employees, we sometimes smile and graciously tend to customers and bosses we can't stand. I see this behavior in my coworkers. How they behave in public, and how they really feel are often two entirely different things.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Don't read personal beliefs into it. These people were all government employees, or employees of something. So they're doing as they were told. While some might be enlightened, we can't just assume that they believe in their heart of hearts that they're doing the right thing. As employees, we sometimes smile and graciously tend to customers and bosses we can't stand. I see this behavior in my coworkers. How they behave in public, and how they really feel are often two entirely different things.
    Very true, but Stephanie's point highlights a most important fact; if those cops were only "doing what they were told", someone important enough to make policy was enlightened enough to see the need for that policy. We still win.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Police are trained in how to respond to transgender people so don't read too much into it.
    I was witness to an accident last year so I hung around until the police arrived to give a statement.
    I was in girl mode and the officer called me Ma'am a few times until he asked for my license. He then asked which gender I would like to be referred to in his report and I said male is fine.
    He was very nice and very professional. His partner kept looking over at me and I wasn't completely sure what he was thinking so I just smiled.
    He smiled back and said thanks for sticking around to give us this information.
    We really appreciate your help and you have shown you are an upstanding citizen because most people would have just drove on.
    He walked me back over to my car handed my license back and said thanks again.
    I noticed his wedding band so I kept my cool because I wanted to tell him how handsome he was.
    I don't like to be inappropriate.

In 2005, I was pulled over by a small town cop. It was only my second time out as Alice. He was totally ok, but was wondering what i was doing walking around at night, in a town where everything was closed, and that my driving was nervous. i explained it all, and why i was dressed. He was professional and told me to go get some sleep.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Oh my, that's a nightmare! I'm an introvert by nature so something like that happening and drawing all manner of attention, especially when dressed, would be overwhelming for me. At least you know you survived your worst day lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I was told no one was hurt bad, I did not talk to the other people from the accident, except one that came running up to my car, when I was calling 911. I was talking with 911 operator, was asked if any one was hurt and the man said no. Another strange thing, when he ran up to my car he wanted to use my phone, after I finished with the 911, he was gone. The people in the other car were Mexican, I could not see the other car good enough to see how many were in it, to dark and I was about 100 feet past the other car. I asked the police how many were in the other car, the officer said two, but the way he said this I don't think he thought that was true. I don't think I am some great diva, police, I can under stand their training that every one here is talking about. I am 75 years old, no new be at being dressed and have been going out all the time dressed for many many years. So when, I talked about being called "mam" this is not the first time for me. So, when ,I said every one, I mean, every one, not just the emergency people, but even the Mexican that ran up to my car. I still think it was strange. Marshalynn

The 'ma' ams' were just the icing on the cake of remaining unharmed.
    Unlike your poor car. 😑

Well some are practiced in meeting with people like us.

Pleased it was not too traumatic for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The police see all kinds of folk - compared to some of the people they are faced with in their working lives, some fella in a frock is not gonna make them bat an eyelid.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Apologies, with hindsight I can see that could look and sound quite glib. What I mean is, I'm not at all surprised they were professional and courteous as they see lots of very interesting people in their lives and what we do barely registers as strange. Largely because it isn't that strange, not these days.