Thread: Still a long way from acceptance imo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aspiring Member

Still a long way from acceptance imo

So, I'm just back from what was for me personally the best thing I've done in this life called cross dressing. I attended a get together for like minded people local enough for me to be out of town but to get back and keep equilibrium at home.

I met with another cd.com acquaintance and she was everything I imagined and more. Thank you so much Sarah Louise for looking out for the rabbit in headlights We had photos together and I was going to post them until I realised I had already posted my Ill fated 'make up' thread so need to wait a few days.

But going back to my point.

There were some lovely people there. I mean that. Genuinely people from all sorts of backgrounds and stages in their lives that were engaging of whom I felt were a credit to our community, by way of openness and conduct, which I appreciated.

But.....

We are still a small community, in the grand scheme of things,we can't escape that.

So for the few (and they were few) that in my eyes didn't represent why I do what I do stuck out like an absolute sore thumb. And this is bad.

When your not a large community any questionable behaviour will be picked up on and it's very hard to brush off as something that's not endemic of the whole movement. I have two specific examples.

1. Fellow CD on her first night out. 'I leave all the toilet seats up in the ladies as I know it pisses them off'.
    I can't tell you how ******* angry I was inside when that came out. All I could do was joke about it. I should have called it out but I was dealing with my own paranoia at the time. I mean what a joke.

2. I was told 'Can you believe they just got asked if it was fancy dress tonight?' *they had been for a smoke and I assume someone commented outside.
    I wouldn't have minded but the two individuals who were telling me this just spent the last 10 minutes going over pics of themselves complimenting how great there asses looked in the photos and how sexy each one of them were. Let alone the fact they were either extremely drunk or runnning on solar powder.
    What I mean is I wished it could have been someone who would have explained properly what was happening that eve. I can only surmise that the reaction to the question given was of the same quality of the conversation I was privileged to

Don't get me wrong, I would go again in a heart beat. The rest of the night was brilliant (albeit a blur due to nerves). I just think we need to assess and realise where we are as a community in the grand scheme of things with more caution than is sometimes mentioned on here.

I make it sound like it was a disaster, it truly wasn't. I'm so glad I did it. I will again. I hope.

Waiting for the shots to be fired.......!

Will post the pics when my 7 days are up (in the meantime Sarah's more than welcome to jump in and post them).

Tammy
    Last edited by Tamsin Secret; 02-23-2019 at 04:21 PM.