Thread: Ahhh! In my zone

Ahhh! In my zone

Home alone .... slipped in to my girly attire. Retried on some of the Mrs. dresses .... still don't like how I look/feel in them. So here I am sitting wearing some skinnys and a nice blouse and just enjoying being me for a bit. For those who love dresses more power to you! Just can't seem to find my groove in them.

Maybe you just need to get your own?

There are many styles of dresses. Maybe you just need to find the style that works for you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

That could be true..... I will still be on the lookout

For me dresses are like diamonds in the rough. I can easily find skirts, jeans, tops, cardigans, and even heels that fit me, but dresses are way harder to find one I like. So it is so special to find one that fits well and I like the color/pattern/etc. Part of it is dresses need to fit in multiple ways, whereas a skirt only needs to fit your waist or a shoe needs to fit your foot. Keep an open mind and keep trying on various dresses.

Get some of your own that are cut to compliment your body type. You’ll look better and I’m sure your wife will appreciate you not stealing her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri1492 View Post
    Home alone .... slipped in to my girly attire. Retried on some of the Mrs. dresses .... still don't like how I look/feel in them.
    Does Mama-san know you're trying on her dresses? If not, she WILL eventually find out some how. I doubt you'll like the out come.
    Jon

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I love dresses but you do have to try on a bunch before you find one that flatters your build.

Platinum Member
    Hi Terri , With the right foundations and padding the right dress can look fantastic on you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid .oo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'll bet she already knows you have been wearing them.
    You can't expect your wife's dresses to fit you because they were made for a womans body type not a man.
    What made you think they would fit you?

Keep looking, you will find the dressof your dreams one day.

Meantime practice with the casual wear like everyone else.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Terri,

When I first began dressing I to relied upon my then girlfriends dresses and while I could get in them in truth they weren't a best fit. Shall we say snug?

Even when you find the correct size in order for them to look right you need to fill out the necessary bits starting with the bust. To really get things just so you need a waist so a corset or shaper may be required and lets not forget GG's have hips. And it's not just dresses. Skirts can benefit enormously from hip padding. Hey, no-one said this dressing thing was straightforward!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

As others have said its a matter of finding what works for you. There are many articles online discussing dress style to go with body type i.e. pear shape, rectangle etc. I have found what works for me and what doesnt. Unfortunately Fit-and-Flare dresses dont work for me (I really like the way they look on the models), Tiered dresses dont work for me either. A-line, Drape neck and Side rauched dresses work for my body type. It took a while for me to learn that. Hope you find what works for you.
    CD Life

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dresses that fit men don't look very fem to me. I make my figure fit the fem dress I'm wearing! Maybe u need to try making your figure fit the dress? U know, breast forms, shaping wear, and butt/hip pads At least you'll like the way u look if u don't like the way they feel!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    I used to be a blouse and skirt girl but lately I've come to like dresses as well, maybe more. The trick is to pad your body to give yourself a feminine figure. Of course you should be doing that anyway if you want to look like a woman.

Once you have a feminine figure, try some dresses to get an idea of what looks good on you. It's important, of course, to figure out your dress size. An wrong size dress will not look good.
    Krisi

Finding the right dress is challenging, but keep trying they can also be very rewarding. Like others what looks great on models just won't fit me, I am resigned to being kind of an A-line girl. But occasionally you find the unexpected treasure. It really doesn't matter, I am mostly a closet case anyway; mostly.

I was looking for this when I last posted but couldnt find it at that time. This helped me:

https://womens-fashion.lovetoknow.co...e_Fashion_Tips
    CD Life

Buy a sewing machine. Learn to sew. Buy patterns, materials, and thread. Maybe a zipper too.

I learned how to sew. I can now hem just about anything to fit me!