Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Underdressing at an interview

I wore panties to my latest interview (I always wear panties). I always feel very confident is these stressful situations because I know not every man had the strength to wear panties to an interview. Wearing panties sets me apart, and my confidence sets me apart. I'm already ahead of my competition.

At a recent job interview i went discreetly underdressed (ie no bra!) as it is my standard "mode" these days anyway. It is highly unlikely that anyone could have noticed what i was wearing under a thick shirt and heavy winter suit and i felt more comfortable and confident than i would otherwise have done.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

OK – so I GOT the job.
    To those of you who questioned whether I was serious about it – Yes I was. I don’t like wasting people’s time and I sure don’t like having mine wasted. Will it have any impact on my job duties, nope.

Where was I? Well, I can’t claim anything as glamourous as the White House complex, but, I can say without pause that the folks that go in and out of this facility are more likely to be armed than not. I don’t live in DC, I live out toward the woods and the fine folks (no sarcasm, they really are) that live in them and again, they are more likely armed than not.

Why did I get wanded and patted after going through the metal detector? I don’t make their policy, but, the places she was patting/checking just happen to correspond with where you would have a belt or shoulder holster if you were carrying. Coincidence … no, I think not. To know for sure I think you’d have to ask her or her superiors, but I’d guess it’s because they’ve had some issues. See, not that difficult is it?
    I have been underdressing for almost 30 years, the last 15 daily. It has become second nature and I don’t even think about it. I’ve gone out of my way to learn how to keep from showing my panties when I lean over or having bra straps print as well. Have I been seen or discovered? Yes I have. Have I been asked about it? Yes I have, even by a member of management. She had noticed what she thought was bra straps a few times and was coming through our area when I leaned over and saw some lace and flowers. She asked me to come and talk about an issue with her in her office so I did, and she asked me point blank. I told her yes, I did underdress and did so daily, had even been doing so when she interviewed me for that job. Let her know it wasn’t something new, I had been daily wearing for about 5 years at that point. Her response? Oh … OK. Did her attitude toward me change, not one bit. My reviews continued to be above average and nothing else was said about it.
    I believe in practicing what I preach, and if I say I’m going to do something, I do it. Period. I don’t do anything to draw attention to myself, I keep my behavior and carriage the same at all times. I also do not care what someone thinks of me, if you don’t like me, I won’t lose sleep about it. What I choose to wear is my business.

I have no idea why so many of you decided to sharpen the knives and have at me over this. Nor do I really care, quite frankly it’s hilarious. You have your opinions and you do your thing, I’ll do mine.

Congratulations on the new Job and a job well done!

Sincerely;
    Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Congratulations, Heather; that's awesome!! Best wishes in your new job!

Jenny

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you really don't care what people think why get upset over what someone here says?
    Just using logic here.
    It does seem to have upset you or you wouldn't have become defensive about what some have said.
    Personally you are free to wear whatever you want and its none of my business.
    I am happy you got the job and are living your life the way you want to.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-01-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1970 View Post
    OK – so I GOT the job.
    Congrats on getting the job - and for you being you!

Heather, Congrats on getting the job, I’m happy for you.
    Crissy

Congratulations on your new job!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1970 View Post
    OK – so I GOT the job.
    Mazeltov!

I too had a job interview yesterday, for a different position in the company I worked for. I was underdressed in panties, the rest was drab. Not that it would have mattered - it was a phone interview.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    If you really don't care what people think why get upset over what someone here says?
    Just using logic here.
    It does seem to have upset you or you wouldn't have become defensive about what some have said.
    Personally you are free to wear whatever you want and its none of my business.
    I am happy you got the job and are living your life the way you want to.
    Frankly, because I am tired of watching people snipe at others from behind their keyboards.
    Genetic Females can wear jeans, tshirts, shorts ... long list but things that are traditionally and historically considered mens clothes. We try to do the same, and, some people lose their minds.
    When a person chooses to explore and express this side of themselves - WHY rain on their parade or snipe with your own insecurities or fears? If you don't like what they post ... scroll on by. Remember opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one and they're all different.
    Anonymity in my opinion is removing manners.