Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impractical outfits

Impractical outfits

Just wondering if anyone else likes wearing outfits that are completely or mostly impractical while doing regular stuff... For example...
    I just finished some painting in my house. Part of the time I was wearing black tights and a metallic blue sparkly leotard. Half way through I changed into a two piece halter swimsuit.
    While I did some remodeling last year, I did a lot of it while wearing a bubble gum pink unitard.
    I also cleaned out the garage in a ballerina outfit.

Not sure why I enjoy this, but it's fun for me.
    I will say leotards are good for DIY work because it's so easy to move around, but no pockets adds a bit of a challege.

J

When I was younger I did this, it is called experimentation.

Wear an evening dress whilst washing a car, an easy way to wash it. :-)

There are other stupid combinations that I tried, some of them actually worked.

Nothing is impractical until you wear it out and get laughed at, at home it is enjoyable to dabble, try some makeup to go with that.

Blue nail polish on one hand and green on the other.

I better not go on any more. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Probably not a good idea to wear heels on ladders

IMG_20171127_145437.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I honestly can't say I have indulged to the extent you told about. But I have been guilty of slightly over dressing for housework and heels in the yard and driving a tractor. Climbing up is terrible but using the clutch and brakes is a total nightmare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    Probably not a good idea to wear heels on ladders
    Or while walking across the joists in an unboarded loft. No, before you ask, I haven't done that!

Reality Check
    When I'm doing remodeling and especially painting, I wear old clothes that I don't mind ruining.
    Krisi

Yes, I have worn dresses and skirts, heels and hoes, and always heels to do housework; I thought all of us did

Aspiring Member
    Well why not? Anything to make work and life more interesting and fun. Long as no one will will walk in on you. Sometimes while cooking I do something like you, dressing in a sexy outfit or some such. And sometimes in my basement shop I will wear a bra and boobs. Sometimes they get in the way though. But still fun. Sherrii

I can't imagine using heels driving a tractor much less climbing up and in. How did you keep you heel getting caught in the holes of the steps?!?!? Laughing just thinking about it.

Back in the 1970’s spent too much on a 2 piece bathing suit and took it on a 3 day solo back pack. Decided to hike in it one day. Great tan lines, and very scratched up legs.

I am not sure about how impractical, but I wore a leather skirt, and white cami with shelf bra to scrub the bath/shower. My toe nails painted a pretty red color and used my feet with a scouring pad to scrub the tub surface. I dress for all my housework chores, but I guess draw the line at painting as I am really sloppy when painting and wouldn't want to ruin my femme clothes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I guess its a fun fantasy thing for you and thats OK.

Banned Read only
    J ,
    I tried typing a reply on the forum in a straightjacket but words failed me !!!

My wife volunteered me to decorate a flat for her friend , she was away so I decided to wear a skirt ,Tshirt and heels while painting the ceiling . I was half way through when I realised the neighbours across the road had a clear view of me while standing on the step ladder !

I usually dress fully while working on projects in the garage. Leggins and a pretty top and sometimes even heels, if it's a on the bench project.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

If I were to be practical, I would stick to the boring man clothes.

Does housekeeping in my French Maid's outfit seem impractical?

I dressed all the time while doing house chores . Some people might called it silly but it gives me so much pleasure while doing things that are not pleasant .

I so understand that Jessica!

Installed a new shower door in a Bikini and self sticking boobs and 3 inch heels
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Untitled
    Georgette,

Would love to see a shower door in a Bikini
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds to me like u could have titled your thread, "Fetish dressing"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    April T, You are lucky to find a french maid who can do anything but totter about and look good!

For everyone,

Try a hobble skirt, the tighter and longer the more impractical, but fun for a while as long as you aren't in a hurry to get anything, requiring you move about, done. I have one that is ankle length that only allows maybe a 4" step, another that is not quite so confining, mid calf length and finally an above the knee one. They are all fun as long as you aren't in a hurry to get about. Sherrii
    Last edited by Sherrii; 02-27-2019 at 10:30 AM.

I often wear impractical outfits for what ever I'm doing. Call my crazy!
    Angie

I wore my thigh high, stiletto heel boots while replacing a toilet in our home. I am usually in high heels of some sort around the house while doing chores. my wife jokes that i wear them more than her. As for wearing wild clothing, I don't have much and want to save what I have so i don't abuse it.

Oh; maybe you mean like wearing high heels and doing, well, absolutely anything? Yes. I've done things like that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.