Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Fought The Law

I Fought The Law

For those of you concerned about going out, here is a story proving you have nothing to worry about.

I got a ticket (in a dress) and went to court to fight it (in a skirt and blouse). No issue at all.

If you want the full story and pictures, here's the link: https://kandis328772669.wordpress.co...ought-the-law/

Be smart, be appropriate, be confident and be visible! I did them all here.

Be well, all.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Kandi..Kandi..Kandi..you couldn't talk your way out of the tickets? turn on the charm? I read your story and it reminded me of when I was called for jury duty and wondered what to wear but alas I was never summoned to the court house. It is just such a good feeling when we are accepted as ourselves and "owning it" in the clothing we use to express ourselves. Good luck.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

This is great, but laws and tolerances vary wildly by state or country. I advise any girl to be aware of the laws regarding gender expression and discrimination in your locality.

I think police generally have a pretty professional attitude towards the spectrum of people, at least when they don't have you in a back alley. I was stopped one night by a rookie who explained that I couldn't back up from one lane to another at a stop light - and then cautioned me to keep my hands visible, and then asked if that was a purse, when I was fishing for my license- and then finally realized I was in a dress, and not going to arm him, and finally let me go!
    We are all beautiful...!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! Great story as always, Kandi

Kandi, bury them in pre-trial motions and discovery requests if available in your jurisdiction, that's always been my strategy. When they don't comply, the charges will be dropped.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 02-26-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Awesomeness in an annoying situation

Platinum Member
    Hi Kandi , A great story and lovely pictures, Keep us advised,

I sure hope you don't end up in stripes braking ROCKS all-day. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Oh I thought it was about the song. Was going to ask who you think did it best? The Bobby Fuller 4, The Clash, or Green Day?
    Personally I like all three but think Green Day did it best when they covered it for The Clash at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    She's figured out all her doubts were someone else's point of view (She greenday)

You fought the law, and the law hasn't won ... yet.
    Great story. I'm cheering for you and impatiently waiting to hear the final outcome.
    You get 'em girl.

I would be apprehensive going to court dressed, if the judge didn't like the way I looked, I would be in trouble.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am an attorney and I made a very public gender transition in the Los Angeles County court system. Even now, nearly a year after my first day at court in female presentation, I still meet people who compliment me on my looks and congratulate me on my transition. Here is the cute Ralph Lauren dress I wore to court yesterday (this was taken in the attorney lounge; In my duty courtrooms I wore a blazer over the dress.)

7446BC08-CCAC-4F0A-B374-F82BDE8AAF80.jpg

I can assure you that you will be treated well in the California courts.
    Last edited by OCCarly; 02-27-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

That is a great picture of you!

Love it, I got pulled over for expired tags while en-femme, I was terrified. I think the officer was caught of guard and just gave me a verbal warning I am very proud of you for standing up for yourself and us! Take care

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    I think police generally have a pretty professional attitude towards the spectrum of people.

Going to court dressed is an interesting idea, but I’m sure If I went, I wouldn't be the first.

Thanks for sharing, Kandi.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-27-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Per rules, no talking about violence

Platinum Member
    Let us know how the trial turned out. How you are attired should not make any difference. For what it is worth I recommend wearing the same outfit you wore when ticketed. There could have been some bias involved by the police officer. You really do not know if he did not give you a break because of your sexual identity. As to the issue of a non working license plate light, that seems to be piling on the tickets especially if the rear end of the car is dirty from mud and salt spray in inclement weather. I've been stopped twice over the years for a burnt out brake light and was advised to get it fixed with x amount of days. Notation made on the driving record in case I did not comply. Then the next police officer stopping me would ticket me.

Good luck in court.

You go girl we all hope you win Kandi. love your court outfit hun. :hugs
    Angie

Steph you only need one working taillight on your car by law fyi

I'm inclined to agree, Beverly. I don't need a charge of contempt of court, which is one of the ways an intolerant judge can deal with a crossdressed person in court.

Kandi

Thanks for your courage. You Inspire me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Please remember the rules when posting. Some comments may be within the rules but in bad taste. Some are just against the rules.

Thank you all for your kind remarks and for visiting Kandi's Land! Please come back and visit soon.

I certainly will keep all posted of the ultimate result, but I guess the point of my story really had nothing to do with the ticket or court or the law, it was to demonstrate the ease with which I am able to go out, when you can clearly see that while dressed well, I do not pass. Never have, never will. And I am always treated properly and usually better than I certainly deserve. I was treated with complete respect throughout, including when I initially received the ticket. This was the second time I was ticketed when dressed (both times thinking I was in a 35 MPH zone in an unfamiliar area) and both times the officer was very respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kandi, bury them in pre-trial motions and discovery requests if available in your jurisdiction, that's always been my strategy. When they don't comply, the charges will be dropped.
    Do you do pro bono work?

Quote Originally Posted by natalie edwards View Post
    Oh I thought it was about the song. Was going to ask who you think did it best? The Bobby Fuller 4, The Clash, or Green Day?
    The original, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCarly View Post
    I can assure you that you will be treated well in the California courts.
    That's a bit of a commute for me! BTW, you look fantastic!
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 02-28-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Read only
    Kandi,
    I have to say well done but add , " Why not as Kandi ?"

I have to ask myself would I do the same ? I guess on minor traffic violations I probably would . On the downside it's possibly a cheaper option to bite the bullet and accept liability and pay the fines . In the UK you do get an option to take a driver improver course as an option to paying the speeding fine as the penalty points don't go on the license which also means you avoid informing your insurance company . I admit I have attended one in drab but I'm sure no one would be concerned about being dressed .

Quote Originally Posted by JulieB View Post
    Steph you only need one working taillight on your car by law fyi
    Actually, ALL OEM lighting must be in working order - if the car came from the factory with 1 tail light, or 20 tail lights - each and every one must work. That's how it works in California and I suspect all states in the US would have similar laws...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Thats California for ya! Ha!! Cause not true in all other states!