Thread: finally got a tall mirror

finally got a tall mirror

it's a cheaper one but excited to finally have a long mirror that shows head to heels all at once. I've been dealing with just my bathroom mirror and hand mirror. I bet some people here have some fancy mirrors 😆

The cheap Walmart mirror and the nice looking expensive mirror, bought on sale show the same thing. Always good to have a full length mirror though.

you have a point for sure. I also tried a mirror that distorted my reflection must've been crooked or bent

You can get a nice floor length mirror at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $40.
    I have one in the closet that is mounted to the back of the door. I don't remember how much I paid for it, I know it was inexpensive, but it works great.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I could use a nice floor length mirror.
    I have a long one on a door in the bathroom but thats not where I want to take a pic ewwww.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    A full length mirror is a must for crossdressing, I have a cheapo Walmart mirror and it does what I need it to do.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Yea that’s on my list too.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

A tall mirror is definitely a crossdressing need for me. Even as a teenager when I dressed I would take my sister's full length mirror to my room. And now I have two in my bedroom (one on the door and a second one on a wall mounted jewerly case for the wife) and an old one in my home office.

I got a mirror form Wal-Mart I think less then $10 mounted it to the bathtroom door and no distortion. And yes they are great.

Angie

Banned Read only
    We have a full length mirror which is mounted on the wall of a bathroom. When home alone en femme I can open the bathroom door (toilet and sink are not visible) and see myself as I toil in the kitchen and dinning area. I like seeing myself baking or cooking en femme.

You’ll love it. I love mine. It’s like the last ta-da 💋. Occasionally, I see some minor adjustments, but most of time it’s a 🌝

I have one on a door and one on an opposite wall.

Yes, I can see how bad I look at the back of me too.

Just so handy to see all round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I didn't think about having another on an opposite wall, sounds useful too. yea I just didn't think about my mirror status till now lol
    now I just need better lighting in my apartment I have one of those dark locations with many thanks trees and no ceiling fan with lights.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Certain times of day the light is right in my home for pic taking so my window of opportunity is limited.
    I need to get some decent lighting for taking pics indoors and set up a special room for it.

don't bother with distorted mirrors from big box stores. look up the minde mirror. it's $13 and it's clear

for lighting, 24x28" softbox w a powered bulb socket. you can find them on ebay for $15. they are lightweight, and fold up for storage

What about going to a glass and glazing merchant, there you could buy a mirror to the exact size you want and buy the fixtures to go with it at the same time. Those businesses tend to stock a better quality of mirror coupled with their reputation would go down the pan if they did not.
    I have several mirrors in my house, not full length as yet but one is angled slightly and does the trick for now.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

My house has 3 bedrooms and each one has built-in wardrobes with sliding doors, wardrobe in my bedroom has 3 sliding doors on it and the whole door is a mirror all 3 of them, the other 2 bedrooms have 2 sliding doors on each wardrobe and each one of them is mirror doors the same as my bedroom, so I have 7 full-length mirrors to choose from.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sophie Mosley

Banned Read only
    Courtney,
    Funny story about my full length morror , it's oval on a stand , I bought from my local charity shop but it is new stock they also sell off . I joked with the SA when I bought it saying I hoped it wasn't one of the distrorted amusement arcade types . When I arrived home and set it up I couldn't believe I looked like a 6' 6" catwalk model , I laid a straight edge across the glass and found it was concave by about 6mm either end . Because it was a charity shop buy I opted not to return it but gently removed the back and wedged small spacers in at each end and then pinned the back on , checked with a straight edge to check if it was flat , worked out great !

It was great looking that tall and slim ! I did wonder at the time how many store mirrors are intentionally distorted because we all know the feeling when we get home that the item doesn't look the same .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-01-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u like your fem looks you'll have full length mirrors where u dress. I have them in my bath and bedroom. And, our guest apt, which has become my studio, and our workout room, which has become Sherry's private stage!

What I find helpful is that I see what I look like in my full length photos.

But, some of u only take phone selfies! So, u have no idea what u look like full size. Or, what others see!
    |
    P1250924 (1194x1280) (2).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-01-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I do really need a full length mirror but so far My best purchase,well present from GG work colleague is my LED magnifying mirror,its an absolute godsend especially great for applying make up,actually my skills with eyeliner has improved by using it

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Can't imagine not having at least one full length mirror in my home. Have full length mirrors on two wardrobe doors in our bedroom, a wall mounted one in the spare bedroom and a wall mounted one in our guest apartment. The lack of such a mirror in hotel rooms is always something that displeases my wife and me too.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I love having a full length mirror, I have a couple