Thread: 2019 So Far

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

2019 So Far

Greetings all. 2019 certainly has been a cold year so far. the cold weather can be a deterrent to getting dressed and going out, but one must persevere. So far I have made it out 3 times this year. Back in January, first time out for the new year, and made it out to one of the local malls. Went to JCP and looked around. My wife was with me, which is awesome. She actually did my nails for me from tips. Glued them, filed them, buffed them and polished them. I ended up trying on the purple blouse in pic 1. I like purple, it is a nice feminine color in my opinion. Didn't buy it, but that was not important. I ended up wearing a scarf with my outfit, which complimented the outfit nicely, but also looked good with the winter coat I had to wear. it was really cold. I had on a nice pair of 4" ankle boots which are pretty comfortable considering they are high heels. Even though you can't see it here, I was wearing a pink blouse, somewhat subdued makeup with hoop earrings. On a down note, I just read that the JCP at one of our local malls is closing in July. That was the only box store left in that mall, unless you want to count Best Buy. One by one, the brick and mortar stores are closing up. Online has its place, but sometimes, you just need to go to the store, if not to buy anything, but to just get out of the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michelle Crossfire; 03-01-2019 at 02:53 AM.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Your nails look good,your .makeup looks very nice, your wife is one of the good ones

Thanks for the response and compliments bridget. I have a bit more to add. February came and got to get out 2 more times, including a GNO with a Valentine's day theme. I went to the JCP referenced up above that is now going to close in July, and tried on some jacket vests. My wife likes these, so I thought I would try one on. Not bad actually. I wore a red blouse underneath it with a long hair wig and hoop earrings. Didn't buy this particular vest, but did buy one at another JCP this past week, but in black. My wife actually liked it and might use it for herself. For the Valentines day GNO, I wore a black with red printing dress, which I have not worn in a while. I think it is a Jennifer Lopez dress. Along with a red belt, I wore a pair of black leggings and black calf high boots with 4" heels. I had a winter coat with me, which I wore when I first got there, but did not put it back on afterward until I left. I did wear a black short jacket however. I sat near the door at times, and every time someone opened it, we felt the cold air. I can't wait for spring and summer.

Then, this past week, got another chance to get out, and decided on a black and white theme. I bought a thin black sweater at JCP (I seem to be mentioning JCP a lot, but then again, it is just about all that is left), and paired it up with a pair of black leggings and what is becoming my favorite pair of ankle boots with 4" heels. I did not have a white scarf (actually, my wife did not have one, I use hers, and she usually suggests some for my use as well). So I used a white, black and gray scarf instead. The last pic is just one of me trying to cross my legs like a lady, but it just is not happening. this is the best I have been able to get, and it was quite uncomfortable. I have lost about 25 pounds over the last 5 months however, and hopefully will continue to lose some more, but I don't know if I will ever be able to cross my legs like GG's do. Does anybody else have that problem. Anyway, thanks for viewing/reading!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good, and congrats on slimming down

I like the boots and coat in the first post.

Nice looking heels.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You look very nice and it’s easy to see you are enjoying yourself. I love your nails and give your wife a hug for us, she is a great gal.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think u should post your pleasant pics in the "Photos" forum here, Michelle. More girls mite see them there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, my wife is a great gal. My best friend actually. thanks for the compliments and nice words.

You look happy! Good luck on losing weight!

Michelle, what struck me about your post is your wonderful wife. I know you've had some past issues, so it makes me happy that you have such a wonderful woman in your life. Oh yeah, JC Penney thanks you for being their last shopper.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Nice pics! Congrats on losing weight! Thanks for sharing! Give your wife a big hug from all of us! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Love the nails and your outfits. Hate that Penny's is closing though.