Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could choose

The 60's for me.
    Hot pants, mini skirts, peasant blouses all make me shiver.
    Sorry, but even bell bottom jeans, chunky shoes and a flower in my hair do it for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's. I always refer to the June Cleaver look. What does that really mean? For me? Television shows always portrayed women in dresses. In many areas of the country wearing pants was frowned upon. That includes my neighborhood. So my answer is really wearing a dress. I really loved the look of a young woman in a mini skirt. I totally remember a young teacher in my English high school class who wore mini skirts and sat on the teacher's desk. Darn, if she did not have the attention of every guy in the class. All boys school too! If I was able to freely wear women's clothing in that era at her age (22 ish) I'd definitely would wear a mini skirt. I think my choices have progressed along with my age. However, that being said, you'll never ever find me wearing pants of any kind. My mindset does not allow wearing what always appears to me as having been influenced by men's wear. So, don't jump on my pantied ass. My wife and daughter as well as 100% of the women around me wear pants for comfort. Although none of them would be caught dead in a pant suit. I am totally comfortable wearing an attractive dress with hosiery and heels.

Platinum Member
    I'm happy with now. Yes, the 60s and early '70s were when I matured, but I look back at them with less nostalgia than regret.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Try this link for styles a CD might like:
    https://www.unique-vintage.com/

I think I'll dress for the future!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I am pretty happy with todays styles. But for me today's style is anything that I like.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    I think for me it would be 1940s. I like the fashions in clothing and hairstyles. Unfortunately, I don't think anything from that era would suit my body shape. I'd have to lose a huge amount from my waist to get that hourglass figure that those clothes would enhance.

I would take the 60's that's when I became convicted cd'er and was still thin enough to wear something cool

This GG loves the figure flattering looks of the ‘40s and ‘50s. So pretty and feminine!

Great question I would say 50's 60's dresses all the time, stocking no pantyhose. Every time I watch old TV shows
    Father knows best
    Bewitch
    I love Lucy
    Leave it to Beaver
    Just to name a few the ladies all dressed so nice,

As for every day fashion I’ll stick with today’s look, but nothing beats slips from the 50’s-70’s. Today slips are hard to find and most are very plain. I’m one who believes a dress should always be worn with a slip.

60s I was pre teen in that era and all the young woman were gorgous and wore mini skirts and sometimes no bra, nothing makes me more turned on and envious is a big breasted braless woman showing of her assets

If I had to choose a decade's style, it would probably be the 1950s, but I detest the fabrics back then and would only agree if I could have that style with today's advances in fabrics. My personal style is definitely heavily influenced by the 1990s when I was a teenager (I have way too many jean skirts), so that is a close runner up.

In terms of the fashion and style, it would have to be late 19 50's early 60s. But for the freedom and general acceptance, it would have to be today.

I would say the 8='s also. It would have been a great time to have embraced this and ran with it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I would choose the fifties and sixties. Love the lingerie and dresses from that era.

I'd say I have Greta Garbo desires, but with Groucho Marx results!

The '30s; I like clothes that are tailored to hang well.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I would love to try the Eighties punk/goth look having missed it originally in boy mode.

I would choose today.

I would have to go for the 50's' early 60's. It's the stockings, foundationwear, shoes, that I found fascinating when I was a young child, and my interest in cross dressing in later years has reflected this.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    LOVE the 40s and 50s but the 80s for me!
    FAB sweater styles was the time that I really got to grow up in.
    All the talk shows came out and I found out about just the tip of the iceberg of how many other crossdressers were out there.

80s 1.jpg
    80s 2.jpg
    80s 3.jpg
    80s 4.jpg
    80s stems -).jpg

Ahhh, the 80's!
    Big hair and Aqua-net by the dozen...
    I hate to admit it, but still love the big hair

Platinum Member
    Hi Shirley , For me it would be the 50s' & the 60s'.

With all of the lovely sweater girls >Orchid ..o
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 03-05-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've dressed from the 1960 till now. I just can't pick when time I enjoyed dressing more then others. If I'm dressing it's all good.
    Angie