Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could choose

If you could choose

Hi all,
    If you could choose an era from which you could dress, what decade would you choose?
    I'd probably choose the 1960s for the miniskirt and then maybe after that, probably the 1980s as I loved the perm hair of the 1980s.

I love the early 90s fashions.

Aspiring Member
    Yeah, 60s, or back in the corset hobble skirt era. But why limit it? Different looks and sensations at different times. Sherrii

I lived in the 60's it was the most wonderful time of my life, I was young, living a dream, wearing the clothes and going out with the girls.

I may as well stay where I am as the future always unfolds surprises every day.

I would not want to miss out on something totally new.

Yes, I am still living the dream even if the bits of me are chipped at the edges through over or, misuse. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would chose right now. Today you can dress anyway you feel anyday you want. From a mini skirt one day to pine-up the next to leather and latex the following. Maxi skirt, mini skirts, dresses, leggings, poodle skirts, ethnic dresses, sari’s, pant suits, high waist jeans, low rise jeans. With no one fashion ruling the day your free to express yourself anyway you see fit. From Boho to library matron.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would like to live a century from now for dressing purposes!

Because we already have every fem dress style from the past 1000 years available to us. A 100 years from now there will be even more!

P1330092 (612x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I would go back to the Victorian era. I love the dresses and the corsets and the shoes.

I love so many different eras and grew up in the fabulous 80's - 90's era and those days will always be some of my favorites. BUT I personally like the rockabilly / swing era of the 1940's - early 1950's as thats where I feel most comfortable and drawn to those dresses. Of course that means I have to change my shoes but I find that difficult as those shoes are just "not my cup of tea" so I stick with my collection and try to match / blend as best as possible
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maria in heels; 03-01-2019 at 12:47 PM.

I probably would choose the 1950's and early 1960's as that is when I became really interested in women's clothes and fashions.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    2035 when CD's wear girl clothes, are accepted and complimented they look better than GG's.

For me, it would have to be the 1960's.

That's an interesting and refreshing question that could really make me think!

I've thought about it before, but not in depth. I like to dress with the times and age appropriate, although in the 80's I when I started to dress more seriously, I would wear that style clothes, and loved some of the 80's styles very much!...Some seem ridiculous now! .If I had to pick only ONE I would say I love the 1940's styles and they are probably my favorite.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I love the dress Maria !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would stay in present day where you have the choice to wear whatever you want or things from the past.
    I grew up in the 50s and 60s so I know the June Cleaver look and thats the last thing I would choose to wear.
    I have worn that style and it just wasn't all that comfortable.
    I have been thru all the fantasies about bras, panties,hose,skirts and dresses and have grown out of all of that.
    If that is your thing its fine and dandy I choose comfort.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-01-2019 at 02:55 PM.

I would go with either today or the 40's. I love the styles from then.

If I had to choose one era it would probably be the 1920's or 1930's.

Late 60s or 70s for the lingerie.

Gold Member
    I grew up in the 50, 60's, so I will revert back to my younger and better loking days.
    Rader

I do enjoy the vintage look 40's and 50's
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Aspiring Member
    I like most eras from the 1920's on. I do like the clothes from the 80's and the 50's best. I would rather choose to be 20 and thinner.
    Sara

Silver Member
    For moi, the 50s - 60s. I love the dresses and the flaired skirting supported by crenoline... so pretty. Unfortunately, anything from those eras are now only made in China, and sizes are a major glitch. Does anyone know of an American dress maker company that makes them true to American sizes?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Theres some things I take from every era from 50s to 80s,overall I would say the 50s and 60s intrigues me the most

Although I did want to be one of the girls from Bananarama

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Lots of great eras to choose from. If I narrowed it down it would be the 1950s for the flared dresses and the 80s for the lingerie.

I guess I gotta be different, I loved the 80's styles. Big hair, spandex, valley girl/Madonna looks.and bright florescent colors.
    I grew up wearing these and wish it would all come back, I miss it.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I often say here that I think the pinnacle of women's fashion was in the late 1950s/early 1960s. I love the elegant clothes of that era.

However, it's even more fun for me to mix and match items from different times and styles. I no longer pay much attention to trying to reproduce a look from a particular decade. My hair and makeup tend to be '80s-like; my shoes and skirts are modern; stockings are from the '60s; tattoos and piercings from the '90s, I guess; my corset has been out of fashion for a hundred years (although the ones I have are contemporary in design and manufacture).

Wear what you like and what looks good!

- Diane

I would choose today. Not only can you find almost any retro article of clothing on the internet from almost any date you fancy. The fabric choices is better today. Something to think about the average bra size in the early 19 hundreds was 34B and a size 12 was really huge! Sure would leave a lot of girls out in the cold.