Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acting "pervy" or not..

Acting "pervy" or not..

I don't often post here but I wish to remind some members that their interests and actions may appear "pervy" to the people closest to them. "getting caught" and so many things often mentioned here would not be such a big deal if it didn't appear "pervy"...as in a form of perverted...Think before you act and real discussion may open doors you thought never would. It takes risk for sure to discuss changes and make them. But, take "pervy" out of the equation and more things are possible.Only my opinion perhaps...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Because they are out of line of what is considered normal behaviour, our actions can appear perverted.

That is why most of us tread a fine line with our actions.

Even looking at a woman's extra ordinary breasts for too long can put us in that category.

It is difficult to avert your eyes sometimes.

Other actions such as discussing a woman's appearance, clothing or bearing put us in danger.

A comment such as "She should wear a different dress," can be fraught with danger.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sometimes its best to keep your thoughts to yourself and keep your mouth shut.
    What we do is sometimes appears pervy to some but when you toss in fetishes and wearing kinky clothes in public you aren't helping the cause.
    You might be getting your jollys off but you are harming someone else that doesn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Even looking at a woman's extra ordinary breasts for too long can put us in that category.

It is difficult to avert your eyes sometimes.
    It is only difficult because you choose to make it so. I mean, FFS, how hard is it to look someone in the eyes?
    Would you stare, open mouthed at an amputee's stump?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Jodie, being a girl about town I would have thought you would be perving on scantily clad hulks....... :-)

To answer your question,

I would look at an amputees stump and wonder about it, I might even ask the amputee about the event if I was in conversation with them.

I would be interested.

It seems a natural interaction for a man to gravitate towards a womans breasts.

Have you as a woman ever looked at a young well built man and what did you look at first.

Ask younger women what they look at when they see a well built man in bathers for example. :-)

Other wommwn even find it hard to look at another woman who is showing a more than a normal amount of breast.

Now let's get back on track, enough sniping for now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What if it was a woman showing more then usual breasts and was an amputee? Would you look at her stump or her breasts?

Banned Read only
    Rogina,
    I feel the " pervy" aspect is the stumbling block for many of us . I will never forget the distainful look on my wife's face when the subject was touched on . OK the assumptions may be in their minds more than ours but it's still one heck of a job convincing them .

This is why when I came out to my wife I needed to have all the facts , I have to accept there was a sexual side but needed to be explained in context of the whole situation , what was the driving force ?

I had a mental block on using silicon forms , I felt it was a step too far , I don't have drawers overflowing with panties and bras . I guess my guiding thoughts were not so much my wife catching me but more if my children did , I feel the balloon would really have gone up .

OK so all that is now history , I'm out to everyone most people have seen me , the " pervy " element if there was one is totally laid to rest . I could not go out in the RW if I thought there was any suggestion of appearing "pervy " . In that situation I'm not sure if it's something MIADs may experience more in the RW .

Aspiring Member
    I do not regard my crossdressing as a perversion or any sort of problem. If other people do that is their problem, not mine. There is one crossdresser I regard as both a problem and a pervert. This is a man who selects boutiques in Scotland with a single woman running it. He takes clothes into the changing room to try on, and does something else entirely, an activity that would be unacceptable if a woman did it and this man is doing immense damage to other crossdressers. I had been happily buying quite expensive clothes in one Edinburgh boutique after trying them on, but on a subsequent visit I heard that the poor woman had been so traumatised by what this man had done in her changing room that she would no longer allow any men to try things on. She had my sympathy. This guy should be on the sex offender's register. If we want to be treated with respect we have to treat others with respect - and treat the clothes we try on with respect. I think a sexual variation becomes a perversion when it has victims.

I think people should be able to dress and present as they like, but I agree with Tracii that if you want to avoid that immediate reaction dress normal woman. That is, dress to blend in. Some may still react the same way, no matter what you do, but fewer will react that way the more blended in you present.

Dressing is different things for all of us. For many, it’s kinky, sexual fun, for themselves and their partners to enjoy. For others, it’s an expression of their femininity, because they are not fulfilled without having private time to become the embodiment of their female side. For others, like me, it’s completely necessary as a way to express my true gender, Since my birth gender doesn’t line up with my feelings. And I’m sure others, have other reasons.
    My point is, that dressing itself, isn’t pervy itself.
    Anything can be pervy, if you want it to be, and, there is nothing wrong with being a little pervy, if that’s what you want, when you’re alone of with your partner.
    You know, that’s just like, my opinion, man

As our society becomes more and more judgmental, when something is not understood, it’s becoming more and more common to view as a negative and feel the need to criticize whatever, when, in fact, they don’t have a clue what the xxx they’re talking about. How we are viewed doesn’t mean a tinkers xxxx to me. My logic, if I don’t understand it, how can the critics? So there ! Pfffft.

Banned Read only
    What constitutes "pervy?" Or acting "pervy?" In a thread I posted concerning unsolicited intrusions by sellers (Herroom, Macys, JCPenny, ebay) you asked what would happen? What was the peril? So, what constitutes "pervy?" Tracii had the same sentiment. However, she also says here "sometimes it is best to keep your thoughts to yourself and keep your mouth shut." Why? Is there some peril?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I don't often post here but I wish to remind some members that their interests and actions may appear "pervy" to the people closest to them. "getting caught" and so many things often mentioned here would not be such a big deal if it didn't appear "pervy"...as in a form of perverted...Think before you act and real discussion may open doors you thought never would. It takes risk for sure to discuss changes and make them. But, take "pervy" out of the equation and more things are possible.Only my opinion perhaps...
    so do as you say or be judged for not doing so, i dont always post here but when i do its to tell you your perverts.......let folks figure it out for themselves and in they're timeline and if they dont its not your problem....you did what works for you, they'll do what works for them, if it doesn't interest you dont read it. if its not against forum rules what harm is it doing you.

i dont want to "get caught" doing lots of things, speeding, cheating on my taxes, picking my nose, eating it....masturbating, cheap sin.....not on Sunday though.
    have a good day peeps....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I try and avoid anything that would appear this way. Like changing rooms, I avoid using them when I’m by myself. That doesn’t happen much anymore, now if I shopping for clothes I’m most likely with one of my friends (GGs)

AS a good friend (GG) once told me, "if you are going to be a lady then act like one". It was back when I was first going out, finding my way.

My roommate’s boyfriend told me at first he didn’t like me. It was after he got to know me that he changed his mind.

Clothes are one thing but how you are, who you are, this is what makes the difference. You should have learned by now, how you treat others, is reflected back on you.

Lastly I’ve seen it described as selling it. This isn’t it, and yet it is. It is not just one thing, it’s everything. To me this is my life and this is what I project. It is not so much how I’m dressed but how I act. I have learned a few things but mostly it is just me being relaxed with who I am and projecting it.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Pervy behavior is subjective.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    What constitutes "pervy?" Or acting "pervy?" In a thread I posted concerning unsolicited intrusions by sellers (Herroom, Macys, JCPenny, ebay) you asked what would happen? What was the peril? So, what constitutes "pervy?" Tracii had the same sentiment. However, she also says here "sometimes it is best to keep your thoughts to yourself and keep your mouth shut." Why? Is there some peril?

Gee I just agreed with Ro and now get blasted for it?

What constitutes "pervy?" Or acting "pervy?" Why? Is there some peril?
    The definition is likely different for everyone.

Someone sent pictures of me in a mini skirt to the owner of the company I work for. Is this peril?

I dress like this all the time, it’s normal for me.

I’m out and I grew up with these people, so for me it was a nonevent. What if it happened to you? Would you be required to explain?

Silver Member
    Rogina,

While there certainly are some post that are overly sexualized or highly fetishist, or maybe obsessive, I do not see the value of pointing it out in a stand alone post. Pervy, kinky, or creepy are very subjective judgement calls with very negatively loaded nuances. I see no positive reason to bring this up. Do you think the people posting this are not aware of this opinion? Is your post likely to help someone moderate their behavior? Or do you just feel like hitting the bees nest with a stick today?

Banned Spammer
    Rogina was just making a statement or felt she needed to say something about what she sees on here.
    We all have the right to post our feelings or opinions do we not?
    Making snarky/ hateful comments just because you don't agree is not being productive at all.
    Ro and I have been friends for years and do not agree on a lot of things politically or LGBT in nature but we are still friends and respectful of each others opinion.
    She spoke her mind and if you disagree and demand her to agree with you then that creates a problem you started.
    Nobody HAS to agree you if they choose not to.

PS I mentioned no member names so don't get all pissed at me and claim I am talking about you.
    Getting butthurt is for high school kids not adults.

Banned Read only
    The point I was making, and, have made numerous times is using a singular adjective or adverb to discuss a complicated subject. It comes down to a societal failure to discuss something in complete sentences and paragraphs. I suspect it will only get worse since too many people are limited to whatever the amount of characters one is permitted on Twitter. "Pervy, perverted, perversion" is akin to walking through a minefield. If the terms are going to be perceived differently by others I would suggest not using it at all.

OK like an adult one could make that same statement but without the insulting undertone to whatever percentage here who are afraid of "getting caught" without calling them out as "perverts". her title was a "hateful snarky comment", think we get enough of that crap in the real world without one of our own doing it..... really makes anyone on the edge of joining want to join up and be part of the insult of the month club. if you are a friend you must know her track record of poking the hive and stirring the pot to remind folks she has had it harder than the closeted folks, like its theyre fault. she made her choice and others made they'res.....as adults.

so some chose to share theyre opinions of her opinion that they did not appreciate someone rubbing peoples noses in theyre business because they had a different opinion to hers.

butthurt.....really
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

The point I was making, and, have made numerous times is using a singular adjective or adverb to discuss a complicated subject. It comes down to a societal failure to discuss something in complete sentences and paragraphs. I suspect it will only get worse since too many people are limited to whatever the amount of characters one is permitted on Twitter. "Pervy, perverted, perversion" is akin to walking through a minefield. If the terms are going to be perceived differently by others I would suggest not using it at all.
    Agreed - it would help this discussion if the word was defined, or examples were given. Tracii did that, so is that the actual topic, wearing kinky/fetish clothes in public? That makes sense but if so, which public? Doing so at 11pm in NYC of San Francisco is very different than 11 am in Birmingham, AL.

I don't really understand the premise of the OP. Maybe Rogina could break down what she's saying.

I wish to remind some members that their interests and actions may appear "pervy" to the people closest to them.
    What closest people? I'm guessing you're referring to wives that may see posts on this site?

It seems that Rogina is replying to certain posts in other threads which makes this confusing.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post

It seems that Rogina is replying to certain posts in other threads which makes this confusing.
    I don't want to pick out specific posts but there are plenty. I mentioned the posts of "getting caught" at so many things and I wonder if that may be what they want as they have made no effort to "normalize" their wants with those that are closest to them. So "discovery "carries this fear...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Discovery, fear, economics, employments, embarrassment, and all the rest. Who are you preaching to? If you are not in their shoes and know their details why do you indirectly criticize their personal choices? You confuse me sometimes with your posts like this.