Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman Envy

Woman Envy

We all face it and think about it. How constant are these feelings for you?

I wouldn't say I 'envy' women, my desire to express my femininity is internal, the crossdressing is, for me, an external expression of it. I'd say I 'admire' the challenges and skills that some women develop and am thoroughly enjoying the journey!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Envy? No not at all and never has been a thing for me.
    A womans life is not easy.

envy not today , but some of them are just knock outs , properly dressed , the lucky ones can wear anything they want

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No envy here. Just a lot of copying of the women I find attractive!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No, not envy, just admiration.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As a child I first wondered why boys and girls were each given the array of great privileges and terrible constraints and duties.
    I identified with girls a good amount of the time, but could not imagine moving to their prison from the relative freedom I had in most of my life as a male.
    I wanted girl things but could not explain and still cannot.

In my teens I was deeply jealous of their freedoms- most importantly to feel and express emotions, and sustain relationships, and to enjoy the sensuality of their clothes, and to be receptive.

I was stuck in that combination of jealousy for the good things and dismay over the bad things assigned to women, for 50 years.

I am not jealous anymore, since I have given myself permission to enjoy the good things too. And even they come at a price, which I can consider thoughtfully, rather than blindly ignore, as I used to.

I am still sympathetic for the bad things, and am first in line to offer a female a way out when she wants one.
    We are all beautiful...!

My counselor used the word "envy" when I was trying to describe the emotion, and complained that jealousy wasn't quite right. I don't think envy is it either, but it's close. It's got very little to do with privilege or wardrobe choices and a lot to do with the gender dysphoria, setting it off by making me aware of what I don't have.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I agree with Bev's post (#6). I have much more admiration and appreciation for women than I did before started dressing.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    No, can't think of anyone I envy.

I love these posts that start with "We all" . It makes me wonder what goes through someone's mind when they think they know what I or someone else is thinking.

To the OP what makes you think everyone envy's women ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So far she has learned that no one so far feels as she does.
    Its the old projection thing I guess.
    We are all different in so many ways .

I don’t envy women either. I think women probably envy CD/trans women for not having to deal with all those things.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-04-2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: some things are not allowed

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Envious? No. Unfortunately, women have caused considerable problems for me in my life, which is why I am fortunate to have my current wife. She has had to try and undo a lot of bad feelings and experiences when it comes to women. Fortunately, she is aware of most of it and has been a positive aspect of my life. My dressing is just an escape and stress relief. Let's me be someone else for a while. I know I am still the same person, but it lets me focus on other things when I am dressed.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli_cd View Post
    I agree with Bev's post (#6). I have much more admiration and appreciation for women than I did before started dressing.
    This is also me.
    Crissy

Have I ever envy women of course I have a long with
    jealousy
    admire
    copying of the women I find attractive!
    admiration
    freedoms- most importantly to feel and express emotions
    admiration and appreciation
    A lot of times I have a different definition for a word, not saying I'm right in act I'm sure I'm wrong most of the time. But its fun having my own definitions. lololol

I don't envy women, I envy the clothes they get to wear everyday.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

One term for us is femophiles - we like femininity.
    If you like sports, chocolate, wine, etc - do you envy it?
    Wishing for something you don't have - that might be that society accepts us for liking femininity.
    Hugs, Ellen

No, I don’t envy women. They have their challenges. What I do envy is the comfort of their clothes, which I have some insight. I can’t express enough, the comfort I experience wearing hose...my first and #1. I don’t understand why so many women refuse to wear hose..including my wife....too uncomfortable, she says. I just shake my head. Same with underwire bras...I love...she hates. Oh well...to each her own.

Aspiring Member
    I like use the word emulate - try to be equal to by imitation.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I envy them for some aspects.

Many replies seem to be zeroing in on the title "Women Envy." Women Envy is a broad choice of words for a question. But the question is how constant are your feelings...the "envy" I have for women is the societal allowance to wear what they want to wear when they want to wear it. I envy their feminine forms. And those envies are whenever I see a woman. It's rare that I sit and immagine them and feel envious without their presents.

Banned Read only
    I think any person, male or female, has to really think about general statements. Back in the 1970's a female coworker of mine brought up "male envy." She pointed out how our female clients were tied to the house, taking care of babies, doing domestic chores. I admitted that sounded terrible. I asked her what was so grand about their husbands who were tied to a machine at the local Farberware plant stamping out pot lids all day. Loud noises, no air conditioning, no interaction with other humans. Women had the right to be angry at being restricted and limited by antiquated societal norms and expectations. Of course, on the other extreme there were women who married money and farmed the kids out to nannies. Maybe, they spent their days reaping the benefits of marrying well.

I saw those limitations. I saw wasted talent. Sort of society's domestic slavery. My wife went back to college and graduated exactly thirty years to the day after graduating high school. I encouraged her to do that. We encouraged and freely paid for our daughter to get a professional degree. We paid for it. No way is she going to be tied to a man because of economics. The same with our granddaughter. Her college education is being paid for by us so she will not be limited or shackled to a man.

Of course, I think the OP is suggesting we envy the clothes. The makeup. The hair. Has anyone been to Walmart lately. Nothing has changed there or at the local mall. I enjoy my male role. I enjoy my female role. I have no angst about either. I bet if you ask women if they have "male envy" there would be the same analysis. Envy is not about the clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBrenda View Post
    We all face it and think about it. How constant are these feelings for you?
    Not too much, really; Women's and men's lives simply present us with different sets of problems. While our biggest problem is usually GID related crossdressing desires, which being a female would solve, if we suddenly became women we'd have a whole bunch of new problems to deal with.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

As a male citizen of a western country, yes there is some envy. It sucks to be considered as a second class citizen in a gynocentric society. However, as a crossdresser, I think it is quite the opposite, a subset of women envy me.

I totally envy women. They are just the most beautiful creatures to walk this earth. I envy their soft curves and just the way they move. I’d give a lot to experience that for just one day or better yet, a lifetime.