Thread: My journey (long)

Wink My journey (long)

My name is Adam Im from a small town in East Tennessee the view from my back porch is a 360 view of the Smoky Mountains.My female name is Brandie I use that name because it was supposed to be my name if i was born a girl.My mothers favorite song was Brandie you're a fine girl by looking glass.As far back as I can remember I wanted to know what it felt like to dress as a girl.I have a younger sister so when i had a opportunity i would sneak and try on her clothes.One year she wanted to do ballet when she got tired of doing ballet i would sneak and try on her tights,leotard,and slippers.Skip to my preteen years I outgrew my sisters clothes but my mothers would fit.I would sneak and try on her pantyhose and tights when i would have to stay home from school due to illness.I would always lay out an extra day just to raid my moms closet i would wear her dresses,skirts,hose,heels etc.Skip to my teen years one day my mother asked me hey you remember my elvira costume?Of course i member it she said you can wear it for halloween if you want you are small enuff.I practically jumped jumped at the chance to be fully dressed as a girl.Mom said ok I will dig it out when i get a chance.I came home from school one day and on my bed was a witch hat,black wig,nude pantyhose,fishnets,high heels,and a slinky black dress with a slit up to my hip.I tried everything on and went to show my mom she said i looked cute the costume looked really good on me but i need to shave my legs and she will do my makeup.I wore that costume off and on for next couple of years until my world came crashing down.When i was 20 i was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma The cancer was in my Blood,Bone marrow,and Lymph Nodes It was the reason i was sick allot.It was touch and go for awhile but I beat the HELLo out of it.Skip to my mid 20sI wound up working at a retail job I was the only guy in a store full of women.One suggested for halloween we do a group of pimp and hoes with me being the pimp.I said why do you all get to have fun i want be a hoe to I told my mother about it and she asked did i want her help with the costume I said yes.My mom out together a costume that was Black tights,Platform thigh high boots,Thong body shaper,and a slinky animal print red dress with slits on both sides showing my booted legs.I was a hit and the talk of the town I was getting hit on by men and women.Skip to my 30s I was depressed and purged my thoughts was Im a man and real men doesn't wear women's clothes.One day a small voice that has become a roar said(You fought a very bad cancer and won you have a second lease on life.Not many people get that you more than anyone deserve to do anything you wana do.If people dont like it they can look away.Let them see if they can walk a mile in your heels).That's when i finally admitted to myself I was a crossdresser and accepted that side of me.I told my friends and they said about time you admitted it(I have great friends)..I also found this web site that has helped me allot. My parents are suspicious but ive never told them either way.I
    SO now hello my name is Brandie a crossdresser
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Methinks your mother already knows and loves you all the same

Oh, and great friends too!

Brandie that is an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing and welcome to this great forum.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I’m glad you beat cancer, and your mother sounds wonderful. She clearly loves you a lot. <3
    Nice to meet you!

Welcome Brandie and I know you'll fit right in with us here on the site. We all have stories and you'll find we don't mind telling them on here. My mom was also involved in my desire to dress. I related to your story as I read it.

I like your story, it's a wonder you're still alive with that cancer. I recovered from prostate cancer but in the process I lost it and my ability to function. Can't shoot pool with a limp rope. The red and blue pill don't help either. I was cross dressing when I was a teen for a short time but never beyond that until I hit my 60's. I know I always wanted too. Now I'm on my way. I figure I got 10-15 years left so why not do it my way and be happy. Good luck to you!

Brandie,
    An interesting story and I suggest that your mother has known for a long time, I would ask her.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Brandie:

Seeing that you joined in 2014 and have posted 350 times, all I can say is that I'm really glad you have now chosen to,share the detail of your life and your coming into your own with your crossdressing. I'm especially glad to hear that you neat your cancer. Your inner voice is spot on -- after all that you've been through, you deserve to live life being your true self.

Very happy to have you among us.
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandi , That was a wonderful read , It sounds like mom has the little girl that he always wanted.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..+O..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well done girl! Your mention of beating lymphoma was especially inspiring since my wife has been fighting stage 4 Hodgkins for the last 15 months but she is living and loving each and every precious day right now. Hope your journey is long and happy, you deserve it.

Lovely story, my mom was my role model and she also started me on the path to wearing her clothing

Hi Brandie great story I to would stay home when I was sick and like you started with my sisters cloths, then moved onto my mothers. I'm sure a lot here did the same thing. Have a great time walking in her (yours) heels. Connie

Brandie, what a great story. I also think your mom knows, mine does.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Welcome Brandie to a nice place with friends.

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

thank you all for the welcoming and encouraging responses

Love your story .My exwife used to call me brandie too. she would only call me that when she wanted to mess with my head .she didn't like my dressing the only way she would even do any thing she always tried to embarrass me like walk to the store while she walked a block away .she always said Brandie I want you to go out tonight.so I would shave and dress she would do my makeup then she would tell me to go do something like the time I had to drive all dressed up to the drag and buy a paper that is only sold there .but I didn't make I got polled over by the police ,talk about freaking out OMG im standing with my hands on my car im in a short dress silk white and my seamed stockings my clack heels I had a pink garter belt on and I was on the highway .I had to wait till he checked if I was armed lolwhere was I going to hide a weapon .then he sat me in his car to talk to me .wanted to know why all I could say was I liked to dress he let me go home I was so happy I went home told my ex she was so happy I got scared .

Quote Originally Posted by Emi GG View Post
    I’m glad you beat cancer, and your mother sounds wonderful. She clearly loves you a lot. <3
    Nice to meet you!
    thank you nice to meet you to

Hi Brandie,

Thank you for sharing your life so far with us. I must say, you may have caused my mascara to run a bit. It takes all sorts of things to get us to acknowledge who we are despite the restrictions society tries to put on us. You are so blessed to have the support of your mother, please give her my love. Yours is a life of triumph and I wish you all the best in going forward.

Best to you,
    Dee

Thanks for sharing your story. Enjoy your dressing as much as possible. You know better than anyone to make the best of every day.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Mine too. I thing some mums are quite understanding. Even now I sometimes buy a dress that looks a bit retro and reminds me of the stylish clothes mum used to wear.