Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a Hybrid look?

Does anyone else have a Hybrid look?

I was wondering if anyone else has a Hybrid look at all? My look consists of wearing jeans and a band T-shirt. I support the band that I like. These are the bands shirts that I have: Judas Priest, Kiss, Motorhead, Metallica, Morbid Angel, and Motley Crue. I typically wear heeled boots and a bracelet. A pair of small hoop earrings that are silver. Of course wear my makeup and breast forms. I don't wear nail polish at all.
    Last edited by Julie 29; 03-03-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been a guitar tech/ roadie for years and I see people like that at shows all the time.
    Back in the 80s I wore girls tops and boots all the time.
    I still dress that way for the most part.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-03-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Silver Member
    I have a few souvenir T-shirts that are guys, but women wear them. Slowly but surley they are going away. I've switched out of wearing advertising and usually wear women's tees. I do prefer v-necks, but the same in men's. I have several blouses that look Hawaiian that I wear. At this point all my foot ware is women's. I usually wear 1.5 to 2" healed booties during cooler weather

I often used band t shirts and jeans when servicing amplification gear in nightclubs.

It looked better than wearing a regular shirt and trousers.

Again it's called blending in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Do a google search on "How to feminize a t shirt" There are some great ways to 'girl up' your look a little more if you're inclined. Not saying to do that to all of them, I'm sure many of them are sentimental! But good to have more wardrobe options

Once in a while I may run an errand in women’s jeans and a men’s t-shirt, but usually it’s full femme or full drab.

Banned Read only
    I guess I am dressed "hybrid" most of the time. My standard work clothes are woman's jeans and a men's shirt (a bra and panties of course) After work I change my shirt to usually a mens t-shirt of some sort if I don't have any plans that I need to look nice for

My typical outfit is a skirt paired with my male t-shirts and hoodies. I define my look as non-binary, because I accept my male body (don't do fake breasts, kept my arm/chest/leg hair, don't tuck, but growing out my hair and paint my toenails) and adorn it with clothes I like regardless of intended gender. Most days this means a skirt, t-shirt, hoodie and bracelet. Some days I still have to wear a male costume, though I bend the rules such as women's jeans, or a bracelet, or flip flops exposing my painted toes. And sometimes like a girls night out where I go more femme.

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    Not really I do my makeup first thing in the morning and then dress according to my jobs for the day , I'm not sure what a hybrid look is suppose to be .

Often times when i go to the beauty salon ill wear long bootcut jeans, 2 or 3 inch heeled booties, a femme top and a male jacket plus all of the underpinnings. Nobody really takes notice. Ive had my stylist let me know a few tops have been too sheer and showed the outline of my bra but she was jyst being helpful.

I get this look, skinny jeans less than macho t shirt, I want to buy a pair of pink converse sneakers for spring. I want a nice subtle non masculine look

I would love to have a pair of the hidden wedge sneakers to wear stealthily.

Teresa, when ones outward look consists of both genders.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've heard that referred to as, "androgenous", too, Julie. It means u want folks to guess!?

Not my thing. I go all the way to Sherry or not at all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've heard that referred to as, "androgenous", too, Julie. It means u want folks to guess!?

Not my thing. I go all the way to Sherry or not at all!
    In a way my look would be androgenous. My band t-shirts are suppose to be for guys. I wear them anyways as a lady. Like i mentioned not only do I like the bands music, they look awesome as well. My sunglasses that I wear are unisex and same with my earrings. I'm not going to have people guess. I do wear the makeup and breast forms. They would know that I'm a lady. To be using the proper terms.

My femme style is pretty casual, skirts and blouses with appropriate under pinning's. Since I am retired I often just replace my skirt with my girl jeans, especially with a button down blouse and run errands, no one seems to notice and I feel great.

Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Banned Spammer
    You know its funny when it comes to working in the music world heavy metal bands and their fans are some of the most accepting people when it come to gender expression.
    You never have problems if some trans people come to a show because everyone is there for the love of the music.
    I have done guitar tech and roadie work for a country band and the members of the band were OK with me but the fans didn't give me any breaks, called me derogatory names a few times.
    Anyway metal fans are the best and could care less how you present because its all about the music.

Banned Read only
    Tracii I have to agree with you on that one. Metal heads are far more accepting than Country music fans.

This coming from an old metal head that was raised in a country music family.

Banned Spammer
    I was working with a death metal band one weekend 4 shows total and there were trans kids everywhere and everyone got along just fine.
    The big tatted up biker looking dudes and the punkish types and the trans kids had a great time and there was not one instance of trouble.

All the Metalheads that I met are awesome people. Bikers and Punk rockers as well. I've never had any problems any of them. Same with the Goths. Very cool bar in Chicago that's very accepting to all.https://www.exit-chicago.com/

Julie 29

I wear a lot of women’s jeans a few of the classic chic jeans, and one of my favorite is lei jeans in tall flailed bottom so they fit me really good on the upper and have a bit of the 70’s flair like bell bottoms used to be only thing is they are low rise but still look fantastic while out in hybrid mode

It seems to me many here see hybrid as being close to synonymous with gender neutral/androgynous/unisex. Wearing items from that crossover section of the Venn diagram isn't really hybrid, is it? To me hybrid would be picking items from the female only and male only sections of said Venn diagram and mixing and matching.
    So... with that in mind, yes. I do.
    Suit jacket, matching waistcoat, men's shirt or neutral leaning blouse, women's jeans, women's shoes (mostly neutral, but some dead giveaways). Women's watch (or sometimes a men's half hunter pocket watch). Jewellery from both genders. Lippy. Mascara. Sometimes eyeshadow and blush. Full beard.
    I think that qualifies as hybrid.
    My bag's a gender neutral one too. Though I'll rock my handbag one day.

hi there,
    it used to be all or nothing for me - but now I am just as happy with a mix if I am being lazy - men's tee and hoodie with women's shorts and tights
    luv J

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Abbie,
    I go with the beard and lippy look too - you can't get much more hybrid than that.
    luv J

Thank FSM I'm not the only one. Lol

Platinum Member
    The only shirts that I own with logos on them are Railroad shirts,

CONRAIL, AMTRAK, CSX & PRR. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!