Thread: No, not ever.

No, not ever.

Sorting the post this morning, one of the bits of junk mail was a woman's 20 or so page clothing catalogue addressed to my SO. Of course I gave it a flick through and it was at that moment I decided under no conditions would I ever transition or go full time.

The reason for this revelation? I realised that with so many lovely dresses, skirts, tops, shoes and let's not forget lingerie, I couldn't afford it. I'd be stony broke within weeks. The temptation would be always too great.

The up side, I'd loose weight but only becaused I'd have no money for food! Still, I suppose it'd be a nice dilemma to face. Okay, never say never.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Love the post I have to admit I open my closet and say wow I have a lot of cloths. (and I don't mean men's) My problem is I'm still over weight. lol

Helen, I like dressing, but it is not the money that is holding me back, just bought two suits and it cost a lot more than I have paid for dresses over the last few years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I find women’s clothes are cheaper than men’s on average.

What a great reason to dress.

Women's clothes are cheaper.

I don't need any other reason.:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I agree Beverly - shopping sales I always do better finding women's clothes than men's

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Like many women I enjoy shopping but do it sensibly , shop around and grab the bargains . I look at this way when buying something how many times are you likely to wear it ? is it worth the asking price ? I really don't spend too much on more glamourous outfits , I have to keep my everyday look going and mostly do it from shops like Matalan . I live and die in my black leather boots which I paid £12.50 for in a charity shop . Many of my GG friends call me stylish ( whatever that means ) and don't believe me when I tell them what I paid for the items I'm wearing .

The point I find hard to understand is when some members here comment on how much they spend on clothes and makeup , how many dresses they have crammed in their closets and yet they don't step foot out the door . Before I came out fully I admit I bought too many high heels with no where to go, now I'm out I'm buying shoes which work for everyday . Jackets that will keep me warm and dry , small confession here I'm getting a thing about jackets , as one GG said to me in a store , " A girl can never have enough jackets !" So I bought the one I was UMMING and ARRING over , well it was £200.00 reduced to £45.00 plus 10% off that with my discount voucher .

Banned Read only
    To answer Teresa pondering I'd conjecture those of us who accumulate too many clothes, it is a form of retail therapy. Yes, I get tired of all the advice to just bursting forth from the front door and all is well. There are a multitude of reasons for self limiting oneself. I do have too many dresses and undergarments. Most women would probably end up on a therapist's couch if they were trying to break this spending spree. Within one's own comfort zone one has to explore who they feel they are. If part of the challenge is to appear as womanly as possible, then perhaps spending a lot of money on clothes, makeup, wig and the like is a form of therapy. I know women who have a bare minimum of clothing. Others have a serious compulsive buying habit. Is it wrong to try to look one's best even if it is front of a mirror? If I were to burst forth into the world I would probably have the same wardrobe.

My wife and I have no financial problems. We probably have too much disposable income. However, at our ages we have paid our dues. Income does not keep me from transitioning or even wearing female clothes. I do enjoy the dual role. I am comfortable with who I am.