Thread: The Exorcist.

The Exorcist.

At least it feels like my head is spinning like that anyway.

So, yesterday I had my initial consult for GRS with a Dr. David M. Whitehead in New Hyde Park here on Long Island.

Being armed with my personal research on this procedure and on him, I nervously walked into the office nearly an hour early to give myself plenty of time to fill out my paperwork.

Mere minutes after I finished my paperwork about half an hour later, my name is being called. I almost didn't hear it, the nurse was so quiet.

So, I follow her in with my Fiancee right with me. She asked her initial interview questions and I answered them. It kind of felt like some pre-interview before being allowed to see some celebrity, upon reflection the day after. But, I know enough that it was just established medical procedure at pretty much every Doctors office.

When he walked in, I was immediately put at ease. Dr. Whitehead is very personable and seems to know just how to put you at ease.

However, me being me and returning to old childhood habits when nervous. I'm tensing up because my nerves have gone to my bladder and I really have to pee. But, I endure this because I feel like if I don't; I just might walk out of the office because I am that nervous.

The Doctor launches into his part of the process of this meeting and pretty much answers 99% of the questions I had on my mind before I could ask them and covers most of what I am already familiar with for this procedure.

He stepped out of the room so I could drop my slacks and panties and cover up so that when he came back in he can examine me and explain what he likes to do in a cursory way upon first impressions with what I have available.

After he finished with that, and I'm dressed once again. We begin to discuss the rest of the details as he shows me surgical photos from the procedures he has been involved with in a power point presentation on a lap top. Oddly, I feel like I am discussing the options and details for a new car or Motorcycle with the sales representative at a dealership rather than a medical professional about a permanent change in my physiology as the two of us discuss the St. Bernard under the covers; or the clitoris and the hood. As well as other details about aesthetics and usage. Or rather just how much and what kind of sexual activity I plan to mostly engage in after I have my new Vagina.

We finished up and I have the consent form and a plan for the required letters.

My head is spinning so much, I don't know just how I was able to drive home. Perhaps I was just on autopilot or the spinning simply delayed until I got home and played catch up.

At any rate. I'm excited and looking forward to the rest of my new life.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Aspiring Member
    Emma Beth - good job for being courageous. How was the reaction of your fiancee? I know one thing is reading at home and then hearing this things said by a doctor - makes it more real.

well done with the courage ... one cannot be a "pussy" over the process - that comes later!! ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Katya@, she was giggling and laughing at how red my face was nearly the entire time. She sais it was cute and she was comforting me and my nerves the entire time.

Pamela, AGREED! one can not be a "Pussy" about these kinds of things. Somehow I feel there is a stand up routine in there somewhere.

At any rate, thank you both.
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 03-05-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Untitled
    Glad you got through the process with answers and a clear understanding. Onwards and Upwards
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Beth View Post
    Somehow I feel there is a stand up routine in there somewhere.
    This is from another forum that I participate in. Coincidentally enough I has my GRS one day after her.
    A standup routine!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=BaYBBwAluuI

Congratulations on everything. Have they set a date for you yet?

Dorit, thank you for that laugh. With my sense of humor I could see myself doing something like that.

Allie, the Doctor has left the date up to me. I haven't set the date with him just yet. I considering September 25th. I just have to let him know and have both letters in his hands no later than the middle of June because the insurance company needs 90 days for processing. I'm lucky in that he is a new practice in the area and he hasn't filled up yet. I've already left a message with my old therapist back in Mississippi and I'm working on getting my second letter through the VA here.

I learned something at my consult. When it comes to the letters, the Therapist isn't required to be a Dr. according to the new WPATH. However, some of the Insurance Companies still go by the rules in the old WPATH Standards.
    Has nothing to fear

Rock meet Hard Place.