Thread: When it clicked

When it clicked

I must say that when I got dressed today it clicked when I saw myself in the mirror and loved how I looked and even more than than that I loved how I felt. IMHO opinion I thought I looked pretty gorgeous. Yeah I still see areas I can improved, but overall, DANG! I just wished I had a decent camera to take a few pics, lol. Do you remember when you got there?

It is kind of funny what you are describing Terri! There are days where I get that exact feeling that you are describing, and other days it just comes out as a mess and I tend to start all over again...I think that the first time that I got there was way way way back when....as a youngster first slipping on that pretty dress from my stepmother's closet

Agree to both! Yes, it runs hot and cold.
    Sometimes "its" on and you feel fabulous, and other times, well, not so much...
    Stay positive, and embrace the good times!!

Yes, I do, back in 2007 when I first started from zero. It was during the first time I dressed completely with makeup, wig, forms, false eyelashes. I looked in a handheld mirror and saw a potentially attractive older woman. Of course, my opinion then and now was that the wig was a terrible blonde old curly one, the eye makeup was too thick, but the smile that lasted a few months was original and fantastic. The feeling has lasted to today and will go on. One happy step at a time has led me all across the spectrum from side to almost the other. I am still happy and am still smiling, every morning when I look in the mirror with my long hair all snarled up, no make up, sleep faced and all. n I see into my heart and mind at that moment. May it last forever.

Terri,

As others have said there will be times when it doesn't go to plan. That said, the first time it does is priceless! You know what's possible, what you can achieve. It gives you both the confidence and desire to carry on. Treasure the memory, keep moving on.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Terri, That's a great feeling.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah I remember that day.
    Very special day for me.

very seldom do I have it all click at the same time. I usually mess up my makeup, get a run in my hose, or just not have time to get everything finished and have to dress in a hurry. Usually more unclicks than clicks...

it does happen to me occasionally, but often the dress isn't just right or the wig looks badly. but when things are all right it is a terreffic feeling. it's hard to describe, but it's WOW!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Aspiring Member
    Great question, really not sure.
    Has taken many decades but can now say it "clicks" just about every time!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find it odd, Terri, that it clicked but u didn't!?

From the very beginning I took pics of myself dressed. They weren't very good but they helped me get better!

And, now that it clicks all the time for Sherry, my shutter clicks non stop!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    For me it was quite a journey; getting a decent wig, wearing appropriate makeup for the situation, and then learning the right size for me in clothes, then bringing it all together, taking pics along the way. Definitely have improved since starting lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Very well. It was like putting the final piece in a jigsaw puzzle. Cha-Ching. While I “click” most of the time, thanks to years of dressing, experimenting, etc., there are a few days when something goes slightly askew, for which I’m able to quickly correct. My wife also have good and bad days...mostly with hair or makeup.

Love reading the comments. Who knows when it will happen again. I remember thinking this afternoon, "Oh snap! Where is the camera?" Of course I couldn't find it and my camera on my phone stinks. Oh well. Maybe I will catch it another time.

I would love to have it just click, but I am horrible with makeup.

funny because for me, due to restrictions, it's very much situational and sporadic.
    yesterday was a partially GREAT day (I got to try on new stuff that just arrived to make sure it fit...and it all did!!!) but then quickly there after, tick-tock... it was back into jeans, work boots, and lots of other work gear.
    Talk about a high & low in just under 1 hour!
    Yikes!

Silver Member
    I'm right there with you, Terri! There are days when I put together an outfit and just love who I see in the mirror. The rest of the world may disagree with this MIAD, but I feel that this is my best look by a country mile.

I am still trying to get there but I think I missed the train.

Over the years it did click often.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This notion had me going back to the early '70s. And I just realized that the first time I applied eyeliner I also had long blonde hair.

Now days I have to agree with Maria in Heels. Some days it's working and other day it isn't. After all these decades I finally improved my eyeliner application. Still have a long way to go!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Some days it feels like that. Other days it is a learning experience

I had a makeover in my mid twenties, dress wig ect. When I looked at myself in the mirror I was overjoyed, awed and captivated. I remember what it felt like with the wig going on, long shoulder lenght curly hair. That made the image so perfect