Thread: Can it get ant better?

Can it get ant better?

As I finished my makeup this morning and was looking at the pretty woman in mirror it thought it doesn’t get any better than this. My next thought was the only thin better would be everyone be accepting of this kind of expression. Who are hurting by expressing our femininity?

Lynn

Petra depending on where you are from as some places even here in the U.S. Still frown on others who want to express the female side. Some would go as far as finding an excuse to make trouble for you but I've noticed a big shift in people's attitude towards the acceptance all though they may not like it they just ignore the fact that we do exist. Not long ago we had a young girl ( now in her 30s ) come to the small church that she had grown up in. She had grown facial hair and had surgically become a male and was married to a female. I did not recognize her or him till he introduced himself to me. We actually had several members get up and leave the service after they found out who she/ he was. I thought they are only hurting themselves by not showing that they still care for her/ him. I know there are many that still can't accept change and they are only hurting themselves. I know it probably hurt the young ( I say young here be caused compared to me he is) mans feelings that her old friends rejected her.

If you are able to go out you can make life even better.

Acceptance by others is the key.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know the feeling well.

Watch out what you wish for, as it could get a whole lot better?

But it really depends on you.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Better?
    Thats up to you and you alone.

i was musing today about the folks who complain that trans women aren't "real" women- and they are an example of people who feel hurt by us, when they are actually hurt by something else- like feeling irritated at competition for feminine space that they feel they 'own' in joint ownership with females only, or fearful and suspicious of cds as wolves in sheep's clothing- masquerading and therefore hiding something, or angry at the sacrifices they have made for men, and now we are just not playing the game as it is supposed to be played, or worried that if men start being like women then who is going to protect the homeland, etc.

I like to remember the store fitting room clerk who passed me off on her break to another female clerk, who looked worriedly at me and the armload of dresses, and she just said with a warm smile, 'Why not?', and the moment passed- it became fine- no one was being hurt.
    We are all beautiful...!

It's a common desire for most of us to come out as much as we feel comfortable with. Many are out , and many are not....Many like me fall in the middle. Out to those I chose to be and a few others by mistake. Like Jean said, be careful what you wish for and as Tracii said, its up to you. You are the only one who can decide that...But, yes I agree

Rhetorical.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

It is a fantastic feeling to see yourself as you wish to be seen in the mirror or pictures.
    As to who are we hurting - I think it comes down to the fact that individuals in society interact with men and women differently. So presenting a confused situation, makes them uncomfortable. Do they interact with you as male or female? If a man compliments you / admires you, then will he feel he is made to think homosexual thoughts from his POV? Or a woman lesbian thoughts?
    That at least to me helps rationalize their fears of us. And explains why I stay in the closet - the stories of some who are attacked for causing that.
    Hugs, Ellen

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Sure things can get better, when your self esteem extends past the mirror. I'm not being critical. You can't rely on other for your happiness, if you do you give others permission to determine your self esteem.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

It was a good yesterday, half an hour after I posted the original I was off to the Mall of America. I stopped into Boot Barn where they had just completed some display rearranging. A sales associate asked me what I thought of what they had done. She said I “I like to get opinions from the regulars”. I think I’ve been into the store 5 times in the past 18 months, but I think I’ve also had a conversation with her every time. Found a cute pair of jeans on sale but they didn’t have my size.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lynn , Your mirror and camera can be your best friend or your worst enemy.>Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

We are hurting no one by expressing our femininity, but may be hurting ourselves by denying it. That said, there are many out there who want us to conform to their narrow minded view of society, and they can be dangerous. In spite of my concerns (I'm no hero) I have chosen to challenge my community by dressing as Deandra mostly full time. I have learned that virtually all my fears were self imposed, and that I am more accepted as Dee than I was as David. I can go into a long discourse as to why I thing that is true, but I'll save you from all the self analysis. My turning point, however, was when I accepted myself as a crossdresser, and stopped being afraid I wasn't passing as a woman. And when someone gives me a "look", I just smile back. I most often get a smile in return.

Dee

Last I heard, 1% of people interviewed said they had met a transgender person. Lets get out of the closet and make that 10%! I added 1 today.

Yes, it is a beautiful feeling, and I think full length mirrors are one of the greatest inventions. That and cameras with remote controls and or interval timers. Be safe, not everybody may agree, it shouldn't be that way but we live in interesting times.

I can tell you what’s better than that. Being introduced to a friend of a friend, then finding out that that person later had to ask your friend, “wait, that was a guy?” Then meeting that person in drab later and them having no idea you were the same person.

It's always better for me when I'm dressed.
    Angie