Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing at work

Dressing at work

I have an interesting problem. First, I’m still totally in the closet with my dressing. Several months ago I started a contest for my employees at work. As part of the contest I threw out there that if a way out there goal was reached, I’d come to work “in drag”. It looks like they are going to actually make it. So now I’m excited but also terrified. My question is, how is the best way to dress to not out myself but to still enjoy myself?

Aspiring Member
    Don't be too good at it if you want to stay in the closet. Unless you can say you told your wife or girl friend and they got into it and helped you out. Sherrii

What Sherril said. I wouldn't act too comfortable with it and might even pretend to nearly fall down in heels, walk clumsily. You might even mention after help with the make up you can't imagine you ladies that work here how you get to work on time. Most of all remind them of how much you appreciate their hard work to make you have to go thru this.... If you are maybe one day wanting to come out you might tell them towards the end of the day hey you know I look so good wearing this I might just want to do it daily if y'all keep working this hard....

If you don't want to be out, then you can't look too good. Shoes that don't fit, cheap wig, make up a mess. But if it was your idea in the first place, some people might think you wanted to wear it anyways

Platinum Member
    You have to give us a little bit more information. How old are you? I think age has some bearing on the type of clothes a person wears. Big difference between young 20's and mature 50's. Also, what is the work environment? Professional office? Or factory job? Dresses or women's pants. I read some prior postings. Assuming you will wear a bra I'd leave those breast forms at home and go with some homemade forms; rice, birdseed, etc. No non-dresser is going to have a pair of fake boobs laying around the house. If possible I'd enlist the assistance of a female staff member of your group to help with makeup. Maybe, you can elicit ideas from the group to make it appear this is a group effort, and, not just you popping in at work unannounced. Also, if you're proficient with four inch heels that may be a giveaway. Go with a low heel or flats.

Banned Read only
    Just dress appropriately and try look your best, don't be a clown or a charicature of a woman, have some respect.

Honestly it was your idea so anyone with a brain probably already has figured you out.

Everyone knows that men who are into "forced feminization", don't really need to be forced.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 03-07-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks for the ideas. For further info, it wasn’t so much my idea. It was around Halloween and someone came into work dressed in drag. Someone else jokingly brought it up and I just kinda kept it going. As for work environment, it’s professional so a dress will be needed. For myself, I’m 40.

Ask for help from the females in your company. Maybe they can turn a wig and shoes that would look better than the 'thrift store' you would present by yourself. It would also get employees involved in the 'payoff'.

So got a little lucky. One of my female co workers “reminded” me about the deal and asked if I needed help when I lost. I played dumb and told her I would need a lot. She’s now going to help with my outfit and make up. She also suggested those super tall dancer heels. I think that’s a great idea because then I can wear heels and I won’t have to fake walking in them. Should be fairly unsteady already.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You would not make that offer if you are in the closet.
    Sounds more like you want to out yourself.
    Its a pretty common claim to say you lost a bet when its actually you trying to find a way to "come out" without actually saying it.

PS:
    Nobody get pissed but I can't tell you how many times I have heard the old "I lost a bet line".

Lol. There may be some truth to that. As of now, no one knows about my dressing. And I may or may not have manipulated the situation so I could dress up. But I don’t really want to let people know how much I like to dress up now.

Gold Member
    Dress in an appropriate way, Like Roberta said, But wear your tennis shoes, not your fem or high heals.
    If you wear a dress, do not wear pantie hose unless your wife thinks you should. do not paint your nails.
    A wig yes, but tell them you borrowed it from a relative or some one. Do have fun, it your chance of a life
    time, going out dressed with a license to do so.
    Rader

I could not agree more with what Roberta said. Put your best effort into it and put forth your best presentation and be confident

Personally, if a worker is "helping" you, go for the gusto. I did that one year for Halloween, I had 3 girls from the office do my make up and they and my wife supplied the clothing.

Banned Spammer
    What person in their right mind that doesn't want to tell would make the bet? That makes no sense.
    Its obvious you want to let it be known you just are too afraid to admit it to yourself or others.
    Is it you are worried others will make fun of you or they will think you are gay?
    How about be unapologetic get out there do your best?
    That way there will be no doubt that you are a crossdresser and be done with it.
    There will be questions and snide remarks by others but you have just put it out on the table for all to see. The thing is you have taken the fight to the beast and there is no recourse on their part to impune your character.

Dress like a member of the C-Suite!

Cool story, Needs more dragons though.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I think you need to dress without makeup and a wig.

You could look more convincing with a wig, do you want your employees to talk about you?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you opt for a wig, get one in a color not found in nature or get one of those big hats women sometimes wear.

If you'd like to avoid eye contact or at least make it more difficult, get some femi sunglasses.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

"Let's give them something to talk about..A little mystery to figure out " Look your best and OWN it ! It was your doing...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Have fun! Take your most comfortable pair of heels for spin!

The advice the others gave you makes the most sense...but are sure that maybe this idea isn't a somewhat hidden desire to in fact "come out" ?

Banned Spammer
    Exactly Diane but the OP maybe can't admit it to themselves .
    Thats why they make up a scenario like I "lost a bet" so I have to dress up.
    I have seen that excuse used so many times I find it very hard to believe.

With respect to the others on both side of how to dress, go with what your coworkers come up with. If they do the guiding, then you have them to point to as your advisers. It then becomes a group decision and not solely yours.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've found balloons filled with air boobs, terrible makeup, and a stash/beard r the best way to NOT come out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!