Thread: Medical problems creating a CD positive

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

Medical problems creating a CD positive

Without getting too graphic, I started having some issues last week with bleeding from places you aren't supposed to... so I saw a urologist who is having me do a CT scan tomorrow. No big deal. Well, in the meantime, I started feeling some slight physical pressure on the left side down there, so he told me to wear loose fitting clothing until we figure it out. I was telling my mother in law about it, since she's going to have to watch my kids, and she started asking if I needed looser fitting pants. I told her I might look for cheap sweatpants or something, so she wanted to know my size. Without thinking, I said 22/24W would work. So we're supposed to go shopping for women's jeans this weekend. I'm thinking of looking at a skirt or two just to see her reaction.

Has anyone had similar medical scares and used them positively as a CD opportunity?
    Life is too short to be boring.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    First off I hope you are OK internally and its nothing bad.
    Skirts would be a good idea so who knows you could mention it.

Gold Member
    Yes, Tell her it could not be a bad thing to wear a skirt around the house.
    You just might get your foot in the door. Good luck.
    Rader

Alllison first of all listen to your urologist and have it diagnosed as soon as possible. I had similar problems about 3 years ago and my urologist found bladder cancer and it had moved to my right kidney. I had 4 turbt procedures and my right kidney removed. This is something not to be ignored. My best wishes.

I just had blood work done and my PSA count was high. So I'm seeing a urologist next week, let's see what he comes up with. Maybe I'll have to go on antiandrogens, at least I'll have an excuse if my boobs start growing.

Allison, I have to agree with Jackie. Please listen to your urologist. I started with some minor irritaction after passing water, sor went to my doctors. He rendered me to a urologist, and sometime in the next few weeks I will be undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous prostate.
    I have to tell you that when the medics pointed out that there was a potential side effect and that erectile dysfunction was a possibility my Darling get wife said that she would much prefer me alive and floppy, than stiff and in a box. (Sorry mods if that exceeds the permitted ) Just got to love that lady.
    Kaye

I hate to say it, it is better to open you up and find out what's going on, they may find anything, radiation therapy is okay but they often don't get to see inside.

I hope the prognosis is good though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

welcome to the old peoples club, congrad for making it this far.
    The problem with jeans, we really need underwear (to keep them clean)
    A skirt on the other hand, allows for unrestrained Commando mode, meets docs instructions and better for "the lads" thermal wellbeing.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Allison my suggestion is get to the urologist and get that taken care of, cancer is nothing to mess with and it can be a big deal. Don't worry about if the loose fitting clothing is male or female until you know what you are dealing with. We will all be hoping it's really nothing but keep all of us informed.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Allison. 2 years ago I was having pain when urinating and trace amounts of blood showed up in my urine. They did various tests, including X rays and CT scans but found nothing.

A year later they took a look in my bladder with a scope and found cancer. I'm being treated successfully for it to date. Don't know about u, but when looking at a life or death situation? Dressing wasn't the 1st thing that came to my mind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Allison, I know you're in a scary situation. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer over three years ago. It was low grade and had not spread so they used a bladder wash procedure known as BCG. For me it has been very successful. I have had my last treatment but I am scoped every 6 months for a couple of years! Worth asking your urologist about. It hasn't affected my crossdressing. Wishing a successful outcome for you!

Gentle Elaine after my 4 turbt procedures and right kidney removed I also am scoped twice a year. I also do what they call Bcg maintenance treatments twice a year also, once a week for 3 weeks at a time. My urologist informed me that even though it is very treatable bladder cancer has a nasty habit of reappearing. This scare has not dampened my joy of dressing.

Banned Read only
    Hope your diagnosis is not too serious and easily treated. My last medical issue was a kidney stone which was hung up coming down the tube. It was first detected during an annual exam because there were traces of blood in the urine. I did not need surgery to have it eliminated. However, it continued to rattle around the left ureter for five months (partially blocking) and finally the bladder for two or three days. Hope it is not bladder cancer, but, a kidney stone.

As to wanting to dress up when sick? All I wanted to do was be left alone in my misery. I've read your prior posts. I think your mother-in-law knows about Allison. You may want to suggest a full skirt and a nice flowing nightie.

I have Prostate Cancer. It was removed last Feb. There were still cancer cells detected after the surgery. I went through almost 2 months of Radiation last Jul to Sept. There were other issues as well. The Docs consider it aggressive. Good news is my PSA is staying at 0.01! I see the Oncologist in 3 weeks. Hoping for the best. It changes your life. I am not the same person I was before it all happened. Not all is bad. Been learning lots about Cancer. Read maybe a thousand pages of material. If I can help anyone or even one person it gives a good feeling. Any ?s feel free to ask here or in a PM.

Allison, Good luck with everything, I hope you are ok.
    Crissy

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Thank you ladies for the great advice and sharing your experiences. I had my CT scan today and should know something by Tuesday. I see an upper GI on Monday (cardiologist doesn't think the November bout of chest pain was all cardiac). Then I see the VA on the 19th about my lungs.... my last CT in Nov showed a small spot we are keeping tabs on. Not to get graphic but I believe the downstairs issue is not my bladder, as the bleeding only happened after doing "adult stuff." Hasn't happened again since a couple weeks ago. I guess I look to dressing now as a form of stress relief and that's why I asked about it. I am getting scoped in April... was supposed to last week, but I couldn't go through with it mentally, so we rescheduled when an anesthesiologist is available. A lot going on, but all I have asked is to let me see 40, which is in teo weeks.
    Life is too short to be boring.