Thread: On a date?

On a date?

Well needed my nails filled in so this morning got up early showered and started to get dressed somewhere along the way I went more "womanly" than normal, shaping undergarments and my new sweater dress, knee length just shorter than my usual midi or maxi, hosiery and calf high scrunch leather wedge heeled boots. Full face make-up, and maybe a touch more jewelry than normal(silver)and hair styled perfectly. As I entered the nail salon the tech that does my nails smiled widely as usual than asked if I was "getting ready for a date" because my outfit looked so good. She knows I'm not a GG after all we are face to face while she works and even though I have never said I was male I never denied it either and in conversation little hints about how I worked with my hands for a living as if she didn't notice the "man" hands she works on. Yes she may just have been being nice to a customer but we do have some fun conversations and she does remember my name when I walk in. It just feels so good when other women notice how your dressed and the effort put into it and are so positive towards you. Kind of made me wish I did have a "date" for lunch. Made my shoe shopping that much more fun, if that's possible. Just thought I'd share my good vibe.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Nice to be treated so wonderfully and proper for sure

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow that was a nice encounter.

Gold Member
    It is nice to be treated with respect; a rear thing today.
    Rader

I get a boost out of encounters like that.

hen I was twenty I liked the attention he boys gave me, often more than the other girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sound very cool, hope next time you are on a date.
    It's nice having regular contacts, people who know your name - my local gym and pools where me and my youngest used to attend
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Allisa thank you for sharing your story very motivating. I enjoyed it very much maybe one day you will have a lunch date when something like this happens

Allisa good story and sounds like you have a friend at the nail salon. I've had my toes done several times at mine but never my nails. They have asked if I'd like a mani and pedi but with my wife with me I just get the pedi. You are a truly lucky girl. Enjoyed the good vibe story.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice, Allisa! Almost makes me wish I had a makeover, hair, nail woman that I regularly saw. The conversation sounds quite enjoyable!

However, I don't have the need or care for any of those things!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Allisa,

A lesson for us all. You get out what you put in. That little bit if extra attention you paid to yourself was rewarded in such a lovely way.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa , It si so great to be resected, You are really living the dream. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

What a great story and I know it truly made your day. Thanks for sharing this!
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    It's nice to read about friendly encounters. I think, whether you're a man or a woman, people take notice when you present yourself well groomed.

Allisa, what a beautiful story. BTW, did you find any shoes to your liking?

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    It's quite a learning curve to find the right level , I'm getting there.

A few months ago I had to pop into my estate agent to finalise some documents , I had always dealt with a lovely blond called Suzanne who had only met me once in male mode , as I walked in she glanced up and asked , " Can I help you madam ?" I replied , " I hope so Suzanne " , Her eyes nearly popped out and she then said , " You really do glam it up !" I just shrugged my shoulders and told her this was the normal me .

I still feel go a little OTT but it's what I'm comfortable with and after a year I would guess most peolple are getting use to me .

It's the interaction with the guy's that is more unpredicatable , yesterday I had to but new headlamp bulbs and screen wipers for my car , the first guy that served me hardly spoke . Annoyingly the wipers had the wrong fitting so I had to return to change them , this time the guy couldn't be more helpful , although he did blush for several minutes but still insisted on making eye contact . That second guy's attitude was enough for me to shop there again but I would have thought twice with the first SA .