Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black and White

Black and White

I'm just curious, which of these 2 colors do you ladies prefer? I myself have a very hard time deciding between the two.
    I love to wear black because it is seen as the most attractive color, and also makes a women sexier too. I've also read that it makes a woman more confident in herself.
    Wearing white is just as important because a woman wearing white may be trying to be cute and innocent. And of course, the bride and her bridesmaids almost always wear white.
    What do you girls think? Black or White? Or if you don't like either of those colors, which one do you prefer?

I think black is more sexy no matter what piece of clothing you are talking about.
    Crissy

Black is also more "slimming", so there's that angle as well. I would love to be able to wear white once in awhile, but it makes me look considerably larger.

If white makes you cute, it would have to do a hell of a job on me. I so prefer the slimming qualities of black.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The reason white is used for wedding gowns is white stands for purity.
    Women that have been married before generally have hints of color on their gown or a totally different color.
    Bridesmaids do often wear colors to be distinguished from the bride somewhat.
    The reason for white is either religious (in some countries) It became popular when Queen Victoria wore white at her wedding.

I prefer back over white as I feel it adds an air of mystery. White is good in some cases though, depending on where you are going or what you will be doing. But for me, my favorite color is red. I'd love to have a nice red dress to wear with same color heels.

Banned Spammer
    Black and red go well together.

You can almost never go wrong with black. If all black is too much, I like to add a little light accent color.
    I do like the look of white slacks (or capris) in the summer with a black or colored blouse.

Umm, black, isn't that a bit drab??

Tongue in cheek reply.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Black for the slimming effect but both can be very sexy. Depending on who's wearing it.😝

Gold Member
    After having to wear White in the Nave, I like darker colors. White is so hard to stay clean in.
    Every time I had to sit down there was a ring around the seat of my pants.
    I will keep it cleaner with black.
    Rader

I prefer black over white. Black is slimming and the sexiest color a woman can wear but I do love wearing my white sandals and white skort once spring and summer arrive.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I am still drawn to the darker colors----I was hung up on BLACK for quite a while, because of both the "slimming" effect" and the "exotic" look----But it was getting to be too much the same---I make a conscious effort to try other colors and end up with navy blue and purples, etc. I have a red nightgown and skirt however. I don't like white at all. It gets dirty and really does not look good on me--I have some white Heels though

Banned Spammer
    I have to chuckle that black has a slimming effect.
    Sure doesn't work for me.

Platinum Member
    I have several dresses that are solid black, but, with accents within the material. Or a black dress with a floral print. Yes, several solid black dresses also. I've always found it difficult to find a totally white dress. Maybe my mind compromises because I have many black and white print dresses. As to undergarments I like white over black. That's probably because my first foray into lingerie was white full slips.

I tend to be drawn towards black. Although, it is nice to pair it with a splash of color.

I have a ton of black clothes. Which matched my formerly jet black hair. Now I have salt and pepper hair that goes with just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have to chuckle that black has a slimming effect.
    Sure doesn't work for me.
    Tracii, Maybe you just have the wrong shade of black.
    Crissy

Now that I think about it, my black dresses do seem to give me curves a little.

I tend to avoid white clothes because I'm afraid I will get makeup on them. Black is more forgiving, and I'm in the black looks slimmer crowd, too.

Don’t own much but the few dresses and blouses are black.

I like light pastels myself but black tends to go with most everything.

White on the other hand needs you to be more selective with accessories, tops, pants, etc.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The backbone of my wardrobe is black, but a lot of my pieces mix black and white together. I would (and do) wear an all black ensemble, but can't imagine appearing in solid white.

So as not to appear totally gothic or monochrome, I usually like to add some accents (shoes, belt, scarf, sometimes just lips and nails) of a single bright color, usually red, pink or blue. I tend to not wear much green, brown, orange or yellow.

- Diane

I tend to have a number of black and white print dresses, a few solid black, and only one white Victorian day dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Black photographs very poorly. Especially at nite! There's no edges or perspective if you're wearing black. The more black u wear the more 2 dimensional your photos will be!

Other than that, I like black for some clothing items. Especially undies. Because they r rarely, if ever, photographed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!