Thread: Thinking of living full time in a class a motorhome

Thinking of living full time in a class a motorhome

Is there anyone else doing this. What are your thoughts cautions etc.
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't do it but stay out of the truck stop in Nashville Indiana enfemme I had a close call there one time.

Did this for five years, though I didn't CD during this time.

Ask anything you want about the roaming lifestyle. PM me, if you like.

Hi Susan, it really depends on your personality. If you are a person that doesn't feel the need to be rooted and unexpected things especially ones out of your control don't bother you. You may continue to like it after the NEW wears off. My wife and I were trailer trash for 14 years mainly because of our jobs. The only thing positive that seemed to stick in my mind was. If you didn't like your neighbors you could always move. The rest was happy to put behind. Hugs

Further to Tracii G comment, since I am a truck driver, RV owner and also CD, best stay out of the truck stops for overnight parking. As driver we have enough problems parking as it is. Motorhomes and RV are welcome almost anywhere and have camping areas made for them. As a CD, well still kind of a redneck place those truck stops.

Platinum Member
    I live in a nice RV park along with a number of other permanent residents. Over the years, I’ve becomepretty familiar to the other long term residents in both modes. I try to be a good neighbor. We seem to get along.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You might need to maintain some sort of permanent physical address, too. You might need it for such things as driver license renewal and voter registration. You will have to arrange some sort of mail forwarding service. If you want satellite TV, some of the services such as pay-per-view may need a landline telephone connection for authorization. You might already have a bank account with a bank having ATMs all over the country.

None of those things is directly related to cross-dressing, but they are major factors in RV living.

Aspiring Member
    Consider a trailer and tow vehicle. This way you will have something to drive when you get somewhere that isn't huge and you won't have to "break camp" to go somewhere. Sherrii

Banned Read only
    The only part I don't like is most RV parks are on the outskirts of town or near water parks, theme parks, and other family tourist attractions.

Unless you are also going to tow a car, you are stuck there once you set up camp.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 03-13-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Just make sure you have a space for the full length mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrii View Post
    Consider a trailer and tow vehicle. This way you will have something to drive when you get somewhere that isn't huge and you won't have to "break camp" to go somewhere. Sherrii
    We spend several months each year traveling in our 37 foot motorhome - but when we are set up in an RV park we still have our smart car to get around. It tows behind the motorhome like it's not even there!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

If you stay in one place for a few days you can rent a car. Some rentals will even deliver, although you might have to run the driver back to the shop.

We ride motorcycle all over the USA. We have been caught up with bad weather and got a rental car for a couple days. It was delivered to our motel.

Lots of options for you to choose from, I would suggest a trial run first.

Try a month on the road to see how you like the experience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Charona I have an address a P.O. Box I’ve had for 25 years and everything goes there and chase bank has atms most places too, plus I set up direct tv paling time ago which is att now so is my att phone service so pretty well set as that’s all concerned but appreciate the advice

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Great idea Sherri I have a front wheel Saturn ion coupe I guess I could get the type that holds the wheels up without any problems I think it’s called a dolly hitch also have Toyota pu but would have to disconnect driveshaft for towing it’s an automatic the Saturn is stick.