Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you like to model?

Maybe, if I can still feel like I am wearing something I would wear myself. Maybe not, I am really shy

Oh girl you need to go for it! You'll look back in a number of years and regret it if you don't. Just do it and have fun!
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Banned Read only
    As long as you get to hash out the details it sounds like a good idea. For your privacy I would make sure the store did not identify you. I had to look up Avenue to see what clothing it sells. Plus size store. I wonder if the store has a good number of cross dressing customers. I would ask whether I was going to be paid in dresses or at least get a steep discount.

Would I do it? Not at my advanced age (71)

with your wife agreeable, go for it! You would probably always regret it if you missed this chance.
    Hugs, Ellen

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I took a modeling gig a few years back. For a company called "Incredible Features". An independant photo business. I spent 10 hours striking poses in a number of different outfits at home, in a mall, and at the beach. Totally wiped me out!

No pay. I was promised a copy of the video and the best of the 1000's of pix they took. Finally, after 6 months a sympathetic assistant sent me 10 photos. Because she said everything belonged to her boss and he sold the pix to online magazines!
    This is one of them!
    article-2680616-1F60D57800000578-176_470x678.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a huge compliment to be asked! I would go for it without hesitation--especially since your wife is on board.

As others have mentioned, when in full makeup and wig you will be un-recognizable. I love the before and after thread because it really illustrates this perfectly.

Awesome that you were asked! If I were offered that opportunity, I'm not sure whether I would take it or not. I lean towards not, but I'm glad someone mentioned how hard work it is.

When I think of modelling, I recall a photographer talking about a photoshoot with a high-profile model ( I forgot who ), and he told of how she showed up with a toothache, did an 8 hour photoshoot, then went straight to a dentist. OK, many of us have done work shifts with toothaches, headaches, etc, most likely on multiple consecutive days because same-day appointments are logistically unlikely in a job with regular hours,.. so I'm not making her out to be a superhero or anything. Just that the glamorous photo is only the final step, and there is a grind that leads up to that.

- Lydianne.

Aspiring Member
    I made the decision that I will do there fall show. Mostly I don't like spring and summer clothes. There area couple other reasons but they are more that I am not quite ready to be that far out there yet. Baby step.
    Sara