Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reaction from customer while working at Walmart

It would have been better not to answer any of his questions IMO. Every answer you gave sparked more of the same type of questions from him. Of course, if I were actually in that situation I can't say how I would have reacted.

One method is to answer a question with a question. "What are you doing working over here. Oh, well I suppose you wouldn't look bad in a dress". What makes you say that? Now the pressure is on him to answer. - Or change the subject completely, maybe back to command hooks.

I like the axiom, "don't complain, don't explain". Explaining why you're in that department isn't part of your job description. You didn't have to do it.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    There is a lot missing from this story. Was the OP dressed? Partial mode? Did they know the customer. We're there other comments previously made that brought up the subject?

Out of the blue, from a total stranger, this seems to be a very odd conversation. If so, perhaps this person is lacking basic social filters or inhibitions. Funny how many people think CDing or trans is some form of crazy, but clinically diagnosible sociopathic attacts on us are ok!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I wonder?

If u weren't a CD if anything he said would have phased u at all?
    This is the best reply I've read in this thread and it's really true. Some of the replies are so far off the mark, it makes me wonder just what planet some of you fell off

People of a certain age were raised differently and if the OP went to work en-drab, how would the customer even know they were a CD? Do they have a CD radar or something? Obviously not, it was just a passing remark because the OP was in the sewing section, it wasn't rude, it wasn't nasty etc... it was just one of those off the cuff comments.

Like Doc has said, if the OP wasn't a CD and just a male working in the sewing department, would it still be offensive? I personally thought it was quite funny, if you're offended by some off the cuff remark, God help you in the real world!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Reminds me of a guy at the hardware store asking for a skyhook!!

I might have asked him if he needed help finding dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    how would the customer even know they were a CD? Do they have a CD radar or something?
    None of us know if the OP is a bit effeminate or what his personality is like. We also don't know the tone of voice the customer had. Also someone saying "you wouldn't look bad in a dress" would be fighting words to many guys IMO. I've been to Maine and it isn't anything like San Francisco. And I agree that the guy was very likely looking for a hook up.

However, Docrobbysherry did bring up a good point that no one else did.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Eemz View Post
    He sounds like one of those a-hole old guys who think oh I'm old now so I can insult anyone I like and claim that "in my day" this behavior was ok. It wasn't. The same guy would also claim that "in his day" people were more polite, respectful and nice to each other. And he was none of those things to you.

Well done JM I think you handled it well and kept the high ground and didn't rise to the bait. I'm sure he was a bit flustered by the event, but only because you refused to play his game. Good for you
    👆🏻 This. Exactly.
    No, he wasn't coming on to you. He was simply taking the opportunity to be an a-hole.
    He was likely looking for Command Hooks to hang his Jerk of the Year award.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.