Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the dress becoming a thing of the past?

My last wife did not own a dress. None. Didn’t have a skirt either.
    At work she wore dress slacks and at home she wore jeans.
    I hated it.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

My wife wears dresses and skirts most days - professional business style. She even borrows my dresses to wear to work sometimes. I don't mind as long as she doesn't spill food on them lol.
    But I don't see a lot of women wearing dresses anymore. The ones who do have my quiet admiration although I have been known to compliment the dresses of co-workers.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

I am now living in Europe and happy to say that women nearly always wear dresses and heels!

You’re talking about a dance with attendees from 20-60 so it probably wasn’t a big “hook up” type event. Try going to a nightclub or some other venue with lots of singles trying to meet people. You’ll see plenty of dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    If we didn't buy dresses, they would probably stop making them!
    Not so. Plenty of women going out to nightclubs wear very pretty and often short dresses and skirts. I tend to think it's simply that so many women now work full time and that leaves them not wanting to go through the extra trouble and time to look good, that they simply don't want to be bothered trying to look attractive.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

GGs don’t need dresses to feel feminine.

Also, I imagine people in trousers are harder to rape.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I went to a dance tonight and all of the 28 women from 20 to 60 were wearing pants, not a dress in sight.
    All in jeans and little or no makeup.

I guess times are changing. As a man I hate dressing up, it's to time consuming if I was a women maybe I would think the same.
    Half the women there were slim and trim and I thought they would be knockouts in a nice dress.

I wonder if a psychologist would would think that the reason I dress because I can't have a woman in a nice dress but, I can a sexy women when it's me!
    Even my wife won't dress for me! I miss the days when my wife wore dresses!

Can yo relate?
    Judy,

I can relate to what you say. Once I opened up to my wife, she actually only wore a dress or skirt rarely anyway.
    She doesn't wear skirts or dresses anymore, and explaines it "You are responsible that I don't feel comfortable in a dress".

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    I am now living in Europe and happy to say that women nearly always wear dresses and heels!
    I think it pretty much depends on the country. Last year I visited Antwerpen (Belgium) with my wife in the summer heat. Almost every women wore a dress or skirt.
    In Germany, where I life, it's different, it very much depends on the weather, but in general women wear less dresses, in the Netherlands it different again, more women wear dresses, even in the winter time.

I only own about five or six dresses and three of them are summer maxi dresses. For me when it is cold outside I am wearing tights and pants. The occasion dictates what you wear. My goal is usually to blend in so I consider what the occasion is and dress accordingly. Tuesday I went to see Captain Marvel again. I wanted to wear a nice outfit but I knew that would make me stand out at the theater at noon. So I opted for a pair of leggings, a nice athletic top, and a zip up hoodie with daytime makeup. Dressed accordingly I believe I blended very well and didn't recieve any of "those" looks. Feel free to wear whatever moves you but women are going to dress as the occasion warrants.
    Last edited by KimberlyJean; 04-11-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Grammer

As long as I can wear a dress I don't really care if women wear them or not.

Went to a lounge Friday night with a band. Of all the women that got on the dance floor only two wore dresses. The rest wore Jeans.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I spose it depends on the fashions in the area where you live. In SE England most women (my wife included) seem to prefer leggings or skinny jeans for casual wear. In the office they mostly wear suit skirts/trousers. However dresses are still extremely popular for party wear, so i don't think they are gonna disappear from the market altogether just yet.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Dresses and skirts are on the decline. Women now have more choice and that is a good thing. Dresses won't go away anytime soon, and you can easily find quite the selection out there.

You know what REALLY seems to be disappearing? Those floor-length nightgowns, made of nylon/tricot with spaghetti straps and low-cur back! Try finding ANYTHING other than cotton shortie nightgowns with cap sleeves in any store...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    More often than not, you see younger females dressing as if there going to compete in some sort of a sporting event......sports underwear, sport top, sport pants etc.
    It as if they have an aversion to be a bit feminine... as it it would be an insult to their gender.
    BTW, now all you see in stores are hard cup bras that make a breast an unnatural and sexless shape.

While we are at it, it seems that many younger males now go for the sport's/military hair cut.. to the point of even shaving a great head of hair .

Pretty soon there will just be unisex cloths..

One rarely sees a woman wearing a dress or a skirt, hose or makeup in our locality. What one sees are mostly jeans or black slacks. This makes going out a little more of a challenge. I, for one of us, need a little makeup. Even my wife agrees. A dress without hose and heels, of any height, does not look good.

Oh I do love dresses! I have my go to ones that look so cute. Most of them are full length and sort of a Bohemian look. I hope they never go out of style. Then again I have had my dresses for 20 years.

Aspiring Member
    ambigendrous - you are correct - there is NOTHING like that these days...I remember walking around in the nightgown area looking at all the sexy, lacy nightgowns....now they are gone..replaced with what i call grandma gowns - no shape to them, all cotton....I would rather see the gown in person than buy it off the internet...

My wife hasn't worn a dress for twenty years or more, that's why I have a wardrobe with dresses I wear occasionally. I wear the dresses in the house for my own pleasure, not in public.

You should see the bidding wars on the UK eBay! A nice feminine tea dress gets a lot of attention.

My wife was starting to become more casual but after I started going out she got back into wearing dresses again (I especially love it when she rides our Vespa in dress and heels). Just remember, you’re not over dressed - everyone else is under dressed!

Pacific northwest; nothing here but yoga stretch pants. I think I wear dresses and skirts more than any of the women I work with.

Quote Originally Posted by faltenrock View Post
    Judy,

I think it pretty much depends on the country. Last year I visited Antwerpen (Belgium) with my wife in the summer heat. Almost every women wore a dress or skirt.
    In Germany, where I life, it's different, it very much depends on the weather, but in general women wear less dresses, in the Netherlands it different again, more women wear dresses, even in the winter time.
    I'm sure it does depend on the country, but I'm in Paris, with spring starting. Skirts and heels are all coming out of the wardrobes.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    A lot of women certainly in these parts wear dresses to events etc out and about you see a lot,certainly younger women wearing e.g.skater dresses or tunic dresses perhaps worn with leggings or opaque tights

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My SO will were a dress to a wedding but will take it off like it's on fire as soon as she can.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I went to a school function last night and 95% of the girls had dresses on.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    While we are at it, it seems that many younger males now go for the sport's/military hair cut.. to the point of even shaving a great head of hair
    Most seem to do so in order to appear 'tough', 'bad', and embrace the idea of being criminals. They are simply following the behavior of popular sports figures, where being the toughest one of the group is considered being the best, as well as breaking laws and saying nasty things to other people just to prove that they can get away with it. Civilization has gone down the toilets since being a gangsta is every boy's goal.
    Pretty soon there will just be unisex cloths..
    Well, there are unisex clothes (what men wear, and women also claim as appropriate for themselves as well) and then there are the form fitting clothing designed for women which accentuate the female figure, which helps them attract men; the latter, still not acceptable for straight males to wear at any time other than, well, acting in a cross gendered role, like Tootsie. I don't foresee all women completely ceasing to wear sexy clothes, as the ones who look the hottest will always have an advantage over their sisters when it comes to attracting the men she wants. Because despite the tremendous desire that women have to NOT be valued for their appearance, I don't think that men will stop being attracted to those sexy appearing females anytime soon.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.