Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don' you hate when...

Aspiring Member

Don' you hate when...

I spent the day working on a car. Now I have hand that a dirty and grease in every crack and cut. I makes me not want to dress, and I have been on a roll.

What takes the wind out of your sails?

Breaking a nail.

I was very pleased to do clean out the bathroom vanity drain with a plumber's snake this week with my nails surviving the exercise.

The last time I did brakes on my truck,my hands were so black. I though I would never get them clean.That evening I washed all dishes
    from our evening meal by hand. Best hand cleaner ever.
    Joan58

Good call Joan. I use dish soap a nd a nailbrush to scrub my nails and skin. looks like I never worked on the car. :
    Angie.

A good barrier cream first will do the trick I used to be a mechanic and used it every day it worked and also ones skin is better as a result, its a big drawback to have dry skin and not having nice nails at the same time.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Hell-o Sara,
    Ummmm? Anyone heard about these things called gloves?
    But yeah, having to work on any vehicle can really do a number on anything I’ve got planned.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I use the black nitrile gloves when working on my car or other things messy.
    I really hate having dirty hands.

I got to where I wear surgical gloves a lot because my hands have become very sensitive to just about everything. The other day I was washing some mirrors with just plain old everyday glass cleaner and about five minutes later my hand was all dried and itching like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Sara,
    Ummmm? Anyone heard about these things called gloves?
    Kristyn
    Kristyn, Once again your common sense answers make me smile.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    I hate gloves, you lose all tactile sensation. I have nitrile glove and the shred to easily.

Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    I spent the day working on a car. Now I have hand that a dirty and grease in every crack and cut. I makes me not want to dress, and I have been on a roll.

What takes the wind out of your sails?
    Washing both our cars, detailing the interior of mine, and waxing the wife's car. I'm just plain pooped! We were going to get dressed up to play this evening too! Good thing we can play tomorrow later afternoon!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Cutting myself accidentally when shaving. Especially when I’m not purposely going for a “Walking Dead extra” look lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Platinum Member
    My wife cancelling a day away from home!

Unfortunately for some of us, gloves just don't cut it. I still remember teasing the younger guys when they would whip out a pair of gloves and put them back on, then take them off and stuff them back in their pockets. All I can say is I wish that I could soak in that parts washer since it removes all the "fat & oils" from your skin if you wash in it lol!

What takes the wind out of my sails...? When the Life 360 goes off and I think one of my sons is coming home and he's only passing by in the area, not stopping, from work to get lunch and is within the 5 block circle of home

Yeah, being robbed of momentum doesn't feel as good as expending it... Like a sneeze that builds up and dissipates just before the apex .

My shut-downers include: Illness or injury, tiredness, extreme cold, extreme heat, heightened dysphoric feeling, wanting it too much, fear of failure, pending housework, absence of opportunity to go out.

During those times, I just process a successful dressing-up in my mind. Naturally, it doesn't go as far, but it helps a bit.

- Lydianne.

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    Breaking a nail.

I was very pleased to do clean out the bathroom vanity drain with a plumber's snake this week with my nails surviving the exercise.
    I'm with you Marion I hate it when I break a nail and lately its been real bad I bowl on Thursdays and I have broken 2 nails in two weeks. Before anyone ask I can't quit bowling my wife loves it .

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , My Downer I when I want to get dressed but I a just too tired to dress, I guess that comes with age.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I hate it when I'm just about done with my makeup and the phone rings..."hi, it's .... is it ok if we drop by, we're in the neighborhood."
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Getting stressed out at work. Like this has to be done by X time, or that isn't coming together in the time allotted, and the other thing just insists on being obstinate. The mindset to dress gets blurred by outside forces that insist on getting in the way.

Its times like that, when instead of dressing up, I'll lock the door, climb aboard the bike, and head out for parts unknown. When I can make it work that fast, is when I know I'm working too much.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

I work on cars all the time, you get dirty, and cant really wear anything nice, but for cleaning I use Dawn dish soap, works the best for removal of grease. Had a friend say use sugar or salt like pumice stone for a little abrasive action.

Pretty in Pink

Not much really, I do use barrier cream on my hands before working on the car.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"What takes the wind out of your sails?"

No one to talk with all day long.

Greasy hands and a dropped bra strap!

Silver Member
    My hands get there every day in my work. What you need is an industrial grade hand cleaner. I use this:https://www.amazon.ca/Stockhausen-83...ag=googcana-20

I've gotten pretty good results with plain 'ol crummy Lava.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.